An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Votes - 3.88 Average
15-12-2013, 12:26 PM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)
(15-12-2013 09:05 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Did you ever consider that the reason people reject them is because of a lack of evidence, and not because they hate God and are just being big, mean meanie-heads?
I know that there are many nice people who do not believe in God because they simply can't do it.
I don't blame them. I understand them. My father was an atheist(he died). I was an atheist. I was not bad person when I didn't believe in God. My father was great person.
And I am glad that Gospel is good news for everyone. Even for every atheist.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2013, 12:39 PM
(14-12-2013 11:07 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  God was simply telling Uncle Moses (husband to Aunt Jemima) the best recipe for Light fluffy pancakes. God looked around and saw only high calorie monstrosities and in his exasperation proclaimed, "Oh let there be Light fluffy pancakes for once!" Now some of the text was missing when recovered in the Lost Syrup Scrolls and of course mistranslated by the obese clergy based on their whims. Also Constantine was a diabetic and actively sought to mislead with his own translations.

"In the beginning" merely refers to the start date of your diet. Space and time are "created" in your new diet schedule - make space in your stomach and set aside some time for these new heavenly low-cal pancakes.

Do you see what you can come up with when everything is figurative and words mean what you want them to?
Of course. I know that. But I am telling what is true understading. And you "Buddy Christ" have NO arguments. You have NOTHING against of what is true.
Author of the book of Genesis never claimed:
that God created light
that Adam was created on this Earth
that Adam was first human God ever created
that "beginning" is absolute beginning
that God punished Adam and Eve after they partook the fruit.
He never cursed them
never said anything about size of the heavens
never said that 1 day of creation = specific period of time

There are no arguments against the truth.

(14-12-2013 11:07 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  P.S. You may not have been home-schooled, but were you home-indoctrinated?
I was school-indoctrinated. They taught me that there is no God. I was born and grew up in atheist society - former USSR(Ukraine).
My father was an atheist. My mother never talked about God. My great grandma was telling me about God a little bit(I don't remember what). I was laughing in her face and loved to tease her: "there is no God, there is no God". I loved to see her frustration. But I was a child. What can you do with a child?Smile

15-12-2013, 02:01 PM
(15-12-2013 12:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  ...
I was school-indoctrinated. They taught me that there is no God. I was born and grew up in atheist society - former USSR(Ukraine).
My father was an atheist. My mother never talked about God. My great grandma was telling me about God a little bit(I don't remember what). I was laughing in her face and loved to tease her: "there is no God, there is no God". I loved to see her frustration. But I was a child. What can you do with a child?Smile

That's intriguing.

So somewhere along the line you had some kind of trauma, I'm guessing?
Or someone got to you at a weak point in your life?
Feel free to talk about out here or by PM if you like.

15-12-2013, 08:25 PM
(15-12-2013 02:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  So somewhere along the line you had some kind of trauma, I'm guessing?
Trauma? I had hard times in my life if this is what you are talking about.
(15-12-2013 02:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Or someone got to you at a weak point in your life?
Feel free to talk about out here or by PM if you like.
Thanks. But really I didn't get my testimony when I was weak or when I had hard times.
There is a story but I will not share on this forum. you won't believe it. So, why bother?
I am not trying to convince anybody here. I only like to discuss Scriptures or answer some interesting in my opinion questions.

15-12-2013, 09:45 PM
(04-04-2011 02:35 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Cain slays Abel and is "cast out" arbitrarily from one remote location of this empty world to another random remote location. Then he worries that "every one that findeth me shall slay me."
God gave a mark to Cain. And this mark was for one purpose - to SEPARATE Cain's race/seed from Adam's other children race/seed.
But God knew that will be people who will hate Cain and his children because of the mark(for example like some white people hate black people(or opposite) for the color of their skin and it is wrong/evil and stupid)
That is why God said that those people will be punished. To hate and hurt someone just because he or she is different is wrong/evil.
Why did God give this mark to separate Cain from others?
Cain did not worship true God and his children didn't do it. they would be bad influence to other children of Adam if they married.
By having mark it was possible recognize Cain's seed from others.

(04-04-2011 02:35 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  -This is a strange worry since he is 1 of 3 people in existence. Then he sleeps with his wife to start the incestual chain of humanity... but where did his wife come from?
Author of Genesis never said that Abel and Cain were the first ones. May be he mentioned them among the other children of Adam and Eve because Cain became the first murderer and Abel was the first innocent victim?
So, did author of Genesis said that Abel and Cain were the first ones and the only ones?

(04-04-2011 02:35 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Then the Lord decides that all humanity is corrupt and needs to be massacred via flood.
-One... why the need for an elaborate flood? Why not just use your God powers and make every one not exist?
Flood is symbolism. It symbolizes cleansing of the Earth from all evil. It was too much evil on Earth. It was polluted by evil. It is like baptism - washers away sins. Earth had her baptism.
(04-04-2011 02:35 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  You can only create from nothing, not turn into nothing?

Create from nothing? Where did author of Genesis claime that God creates something from nothing?
NOBODY can create something out of nothing. And something never becomes nothing. NEVER. It is not possible.

(04-04-2011 02:35 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Two, were we not already told that men were made in His image? So either God is evil and corrupt, which is why we turned out like we did before and after the flood... or he is incapable of creating things how he wants. God is a flawed designer.
Adam and Eve were created in God's image - they had physical bodies as God has physical body. God can think and they could think. God can see with His eyes and they could see with they eyes. God can eat and they could eat. God can create and they could create. Without physical body it is not possible to do many things. God can do many things.

(04-04-2011 02:35 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Maybe that's why he doesn't show his face anymore.
You don't know that. He may show His face to some people.
I stop here for right now.

15-12-2013, 11:45 PM
Er... so since Cain's race was separated as is right and proper, where are they now ? What is the 'Mark' ? If the mark identifies unbelievers, how do you explain that atheists and people of other religions come in all shapes and sizes ?

Also, if God loves *all* of us, why does he only speak to *some* lucky people ? And how do you know they're not faking it or simply deluded ? If you give the old stock answer of the fruits of the spirit I know plenty of nice people who do not subscribe to weird beliefs.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-12-2013, 10:26 AM
(15-12-2013 11:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  Er... so since Cain's race was separated as is right and proper, where are they now ?
Everywhere in the world. His seed is not cursed any more.

(15-12-2013 11:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  What is the 'Mark' ? If the mark identifies unbelievers, how do you explain that atheists and people of other religions come in all shapes and sizes ?
Skin color. God made different skin color. By this mark everybody can see who is Cain's seed.
Cain was a believer but he worshiped wrong god.
And again God knew that it will be people who will hate Cain and his children for their mark(skin color) and God warned that it is evil/wrong.
Dark skin neither good thing nor bad thing but neutral. Light skin neither good thing nor bad thing but neutral.

(15-12-2013 11:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  Also, if God loves *all* of us, why does he only speak to *some* lucky people ?
He doesn't speak to lucky people. He speaks to ANYBODY who is READY to LISTEN to Him.
But not everybody has a mission to be a Prophet. For a reason.

(15-12-2013 11:45 PM)morondog Wrote:  And how do you know they're not faking it or simply deluded ? If you give the old stock answer of the fruits of the spirit I know plenty of nice people who do not subscribe to weird beliefs.
You don't know this UNLESS God sends you a special witness -Holy Ghost.
When Holy Ghost testifies then you know who says the truth.
P.S. That is why you do NOT have to believe me. But if God sends you Holy Ghost who will testify to you then I know you will believe me.
P.P.S. Note: I do not claim to be a Prophet. I am just one of the Heavenly Father's daughters. The same as you are one of His sons.

16-12-2013, 10:31 AM
I'll put you down as mostly harmless then Wink

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
16-12-2013, 11:05 AM
(16-12-2013 10:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'll put you down as mostly harmless then Wink
Smile
your sense of humor is appreciated.

[+] 1 user Likes Alla's post
16-12-2013, 12:00 PM
With whom did Cain mate? When he killed his brother, there were only three people on the planet.

Regardless of the above answer, the entire species had a pretty big bottle neck with Noah and his three sons. Were any of his sons not his son, or something?