An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Votes - 3.88 Average
03-09-2015, 05:25 PM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)
(03-09-2015 03:37 PM)microterf Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 02:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  BUDDY CHRIST:
It's like having a 2 year old child and going "Now son, I'm going to leave these delicious chocolate chip cookies sitting right here within reach of you. I'm going to the store to buy some Funyuns. Don't eat them. Bye!" When any caring parent would remove temptation, knowing that the child doesn't know any better.

ALLA:
God's plan that Adam and Eve would become like Gods who know good and evil. In order to learn evil someone has to be in the world where there is evil and all kinds of evil experiences. Only fallen people can be in the world where there is evil. So, Adam and Eve had to become fallen or sinners in order to become like Gods by learning good and evil in the world where there is evil.
God gave them 2 laws: multiply and replenish and do not partake of the fruit. By breaking the second law they could become fallen and to learn good and evil and to become like Gods.

I feel sorry for you. I really do. Weeping

Whenever I try to read her explaining her religion I feel like I'm reading how 'The Force' works

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
03-09-2015, 06:01 PM
Cool!

Alla is writing his very own:

A Theist's Critique Of An Atheist's Critique Of The Bible.

And it looks like, as per Buddy's original, we're going to get it in installments.

If it gets too long, I'll split it out to its own thread.

Thumbsup

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
03-09-2015, 06:15 PM
(03-09-2015 05:25 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 03:37 PM)microterf Wrote:  I feel sorry for you. I really do. Weeping

Whenever I try to read her explaining her religion I feel like I'm reading how 'The Force' works

Yeah, but it don't bother me. I find it entertaining and even interesting.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-09-2015, 06:17 PM
(03-09-2015 06:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Cool!

Alla is writing his very own:

A Theist's Critique Of An Atheist's Critique Of The Bible.

And it looks like, as per Buddy's original, we're going to get it in installments.

If it gets too long, I'll split it out to its own thread.

Thumbsup

Great idea! And I forgive you for calling Alla a man. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-09-2015, 06:30 PM
Can you do one for the Quran and torah?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
03-09-2015, 07:06 PM
(03-09-2015 06:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...

Thanks. And I didn't say "man".

I think Alla is a boy ... perhaps a boy and a girl?

There are two characters (perhaps a split-personality). One personality adopts the ignorant theist role (could be male or female) and the other is a (young male, I think) weak social justice warrior. The latter has the occasional insightful, almost coherent, politically-correct thought.

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
03-09-2015, 08:26 PM
(03-09-2015 07:06 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 06:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...

Thanks. And I didn't say "man".

I think Alla is a boy ... perhaps a boy and a girl?

There are two characters (perhaps a split-personality). One personality adopts the ignorant theist role (could be male or female) and the other is a (young male, I think) weak social justice warrior. The latter has the occasional insightful, almost coherent, politically-correct thought.

Consider

I am glad I'm not the only person who seems to have noted this dual personality.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
04-09-2015, 01:44 PM
(03-09-2015 07:06 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I think Alla is a boy ... perhaps a boy and a girl?

Consider
1)Hmm.. interesting. But does it really matter who I am?
2)Sometimes I am here(on this forum) to tell more about LDS religion + my opinions that are based on this religion.
3)I like political correctness. I think it is right thing to do to be politically correct and try not to offend people but I hate when I am forced to be politically correct. It has to come from my heart and I don't have to be condemned by anybody if I am not politically correct.
Who are those people who force their morality on others?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
04-09-2015, 01:57 PM
BUDDY CHRIST:
Cain slays Abel and is "cast out" arbitrarily from one remote location of this empty world
ALLA:
the world was empty IF your ASSUMPTION that Abel and Cain were the very first children of Adam and Eve is CORRECT.
Adam and Eve could have many, many children before Abel and Cain,
but they(Abel and Cain) were mentioned first only because Cain became the first murderer and Abel became the first innocent victim of the murder.

BUDDY CHRIST:
to another random remote location.
ALLA:
you don't know that.

BUDDY CHRIST:
Then he worries that "every one that findeth me shall slay me."
-This is a strange worry since he is 1 of 3 people in existence.
ALLA:
only if your assumption is correct. But according to new revelations from God of Israel your assumption is far from the truth.

BUDDY CHRIST:
Then he sleeps with his wife to start the incestual chain of humanity... but where did his wife come from?
ALLA:
one of his many sisters.
Incest was not a problem at those times. Not yet.

04-09-2015, 02:32 PM
BUDDY CHRIST:
6:4 "There were giants in the earth in those days"
-I'm assuming these are literal giants and not "intellectual giants" or some modern term.
ALLA:
giants are large, tall persons with great physical strength

BUDDY CHRIST:
Then the Lord decides that all humanity is corrupt and needs to be massacred via flood.
ALLA:
He saw that it was corrupt. He didn't decide it.

BUDDY CHRIST:
-One... why the need for an elaborate flood? Why not just use your God powers and make every one not exist?
ALLA:
the reason why God killed all people and animals by flood (accept 8 souls and animals in the ark) is because Earth was polluted with evil. Earth has a spirit, Mother Earth is Living Thing, She had to be cleansed from all evil. That was water baptism of our Mother Earth. After water baptism there is another baptism. It is baptism of Fire. Before the Second Coming of Christ Earth will have this baptism. We know from the scriptures that it will be lots of fire. Perhaps, global warming is one of the reasons? (it was kind of a joke about global warming)
Why not make them not to exist? I don't know what you really mean by that.

BUDDY CHRIST:
You can only create from nothing, not turn into nothing?
ALLA:
nobody can create something out of nothing. nobody can turn something into nothing. It is not possible. It is somebody's fantasy.

BUDDY CHRIST:
Two, were we not already told that men were made in His image? So either God is evil and corrupt, which is why we turned out like we did before and after the flood... or he is incapable of creating things how he wants. God is a flawed designer.
ALLA:
Our spiritual and physical bodies are in Their image and likeness - male and female. We are born good and innocent like Gods. But we(gods) become fallen because we are NOT Gods yet.

BUDDY CHRIST:
Maybe that's why he doesn't show his face anymore.

ALLA:
the reason why He doesn't show His face (accept to some) is because mortal men can not see God and live. It is too dangerous for us. It is as dangerous as to be close to the Sun. It will kill you. When God appears to His prophets they have to be protected. God provides special veil so they wouldn't be killed.
So, Buddy Christ, because you are fallen man, you can be destroyed by great source of light and radiation if it is too close to you. God loves you, he doesn't want to kill you before your time is up.

BUDDY CHRIST:
He tried once, messed up and started over.
ALLA:
He didn't mess up anything. Everything was, is and will go according to His plan (thanks to Satan). Satan is useful tool in Gods hands.