An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Votes - 3.88 Average
06-09-2015, 12:53 PM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)
BUDDY CHRIST:
2:24 "And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob."
-God "took notice" and "remembered his covenant" ... meaning that God can be distracted and forgetful. He looked up from the Lakers game and went "oh shit, the covenant. My bad, I forgot."
ALLA:
we have to remember that God didn't write these words. Moses wrote them. Moses who was imperfect man with his imperfect ability to express what he have learned from God. Can we forgive Moses for his imperfections? I certainly can. I am not perfect person myself. I can't even write in English without mistakes.

BUDDY CHRIST:
God appears to Moses as a burning bush
-Why? So far God has shown himself physically to Adam and Eve,
ALLA:
before they were fallen and mortal. God's light(radiation) wouldn't kill them. Immortal men can not be killed/destroyed. Immortal men can see God and live.

BUDDY CHRIST:
then manifested himself as a professional wrestler with Jacob, and now this? Seems like God is slowly getting lazier. "Ah whatever, a bush will do, now where's my omnipotent Zippo?"
ALLA:
Sometimes prophets do not deserve see God. Sometimes they do.

BUDDY CHRIST:
12:45 "A foreigner and a hired servant shall not eat thereof... for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof."
-In Sweet 16 fashion, the Lord states that no immigrants, blacks, or Jews can come to his party.
It is the same if Lord stated that no atheist can partake in the ordinances of the Temple. There are reasons for this:
atheist doesn't need this(participating in ordinances)
atheist will not understand ordinances, so it has no meaning for them

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 12:58 PM
(06-09-2015 12:53 PM)Alla Wrote:  before they were fallen and mortal. God's light(radiation) wouldn't kill them. Immortal men can not be killed/destroyed. Immortal men can see God and live.

Sometimes prophets do not deserve see God. Sometimes they do.

It is the same if Lord stated that no atheist can partake in the ordinances of the Temple. There are reasons for this:
atheist doesn't need this(participating in ordinances)
atheist will not understand ordinances, so it has no meaning for them

I have to hand it to you... you make ad hoc hypothesizing into an art form.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
06-09-2015, 01:28 PM
BUDDY CHRIST:
Exodus 21: The Guide to Owning a Slave

ALLA:
destruction or losing freedom is consequence to those who do evil.

06-09-2015, 02:07 PM
(06-09-2015 01:28 PM)Alla Wrote:  BUDDY CHRIST:

ALLA:

So slaves by definition are those who do evil? Hmmmm. Would you be happy to be a slave? Or to own a slave?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-09-2015, 02:46 PM
(06-09-2015 02:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 01:28 PM)Alla Wrote:  BUDDY CHRIST:

ALLA:

So slaves by definition are those who do evil? Hmmmm. Would you be happy to be a slave? Or to own a slave?
1)No, slaves are not those who do evil. Good people also become slaves.
When evil people become slaves it is the consequence of their actions/choices - they bring destruction upon themselves. When good people become slaves they are innocent victims.
2)No
3)No

08-09-2015, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2015 06:17 PM by Alla.)
BUDDY CHRIST:
The Lord spends more time instructing the procedures for the animal sacrifices than he does with any other subject in the Bible. So clearly this is important. So why aren't Christians offering animal blood to God these days? Well because it's archaic and inconvenient. The same reason they aren't wearing white robes of unmixed fibers and growing out their beards and avoiding their menstruating wives.
ALLA:
Q:what is sacrifice of the animal?
A: symbolic ritual. It symbolizes that God will sacrifice His Son in the future.
After sacrifice was done God's covenant people did not need this reminder. God's covenant people do not need this symbol any more.
But they need new symbol: symbol that will remind them what Jesus did in the past for them. This new symbol is Sacrament. Bread symbolizes His broken body and wine or cup symbolizes His blood that was shed for them.
So, all these rituals are just symbols that represent something and remind us constantly about something.

BUDDY CHRIST:
Christians didn't want to put forth the life altering effort that the Bible commands (and end up Hasidic Jews) so they claimed that the crucifixion relieved them of all the Old Testament laws. But if that is the case, then why did God put forth these laws in the first place? If he's omniscient then he knew that his son (or himself reincarnate... who knows?) would nullify the previous rules so what was the point in making them?
ALLA:
1) those who say this are wrong. God didn't relived His people(His Church) from all OT laws. But from some of them.
2)Why did God give them in first place? Because they were NOT ready for higher laws of the Gospel. God gave them once those laws but they built golden calf. They lost what they had.
There is one more thing. House of Israel was society were God's laws were laws of the land. In 21 st century God's laws are NOT laws of the lands were His people live.
God's people live all over the world. God's Church is in many quarters of the Earth. We have to abide laws of our countries.

08-09-2015, 10:32 PM
(08-09-2015 02:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, slaves are not those who do evil. Good people also become slaves.
When evil people become slaves it is the consequence of their actions/choices - they bring destruction upon themselves. When good people become slaves they are innocent victims.

How do you tell, when you have a slave in front of you? Do you think slavery or destruction is right if the person is evil?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
09-09-2015, 02:20 PM
(08-09-2015 10:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 02:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  No, slaves are not those who do evil. Good people also become slaves.
How do you tell, when you have a slave in front of you?
In many cases we can't tell. We simply don't know.
But we know for sure that when a child become a slave he/she is innocent victim.
There were, there are and probably will be many good people as slaves. They are all innocent victims.
(08-09-2015 10:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  Do you think slavery or destruction is right if the person is evil?
It is not a matter of right or wrong. It is a matter of choices and consequences . When we choose to do evil we choose death(destruction). When we choose to do evil we choose Devil. When we choose Devil we give up freedom.
Analogy: when we choose evil - using drugs - we choose to loose freedom and we choose death.

09-09-2015, 04:14 PM
(09-09-2015 02:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 10:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  How do you tell, when you have a slave in front of you?
In many cases we can't tell. We simply don't know.
But we know for sure that when a child become a slave he/she is innocent victim.
There were, there are and probably will be many good people as slaves. They are all innocent victims.
(08-09-2015 10:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  Do you think slavery or destruction is right if the person is evil?
It is not a matter of right or wrong. It is a matter of choices and consequences . When we choose to do evil we choose death(destruction). When we choose to do evil we choose Devil. When we choose Devil we give up freedom.
Analogy: when we choose evil - using drugs - we choose to loose freedom and we choose death.

So if they're innocent victims is it right to free them?

09-09-2015, 06:59 PM
[/quote]

I have to hand it to you... you make ad hoc hypothesizing into an art form.
[/quote]

Ain't that just a polite way of saying that Alla is a master at pulling nonsense out of her ass?

Alla, you are truly just making shit up.

To paraphrase Mr. Kurtz, the chutzpah, the chutzpah.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
[+] 1 user Likes claywise's post