An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Votes - 3.88 Average
09-09-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)
(09-09-2015 04:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  So if they're innocent victims is it right to free them?
yes, and this is what God wants us to do. We are here on Earth to learn to do good/right/constructive things/choices. To free innocent people from the slavery is one of those things we have to learn to do. To overcome evil is one of those things we have to learn to do. This way we may become Gods.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2015, 08:28 PM
BUDDY CHRIST:
Though the Lord doesn't seem to follow the "love thy neighbor as thyself" bit, since he's constantly commanding warfare against neighboring factions.
ALLA:
yes, God said to love neighbor. When God tells to kill neighbor it is not = hate your neighbor.
When judge says that his/her verdict is "death" it is not = "hate this criminal"
When God told to kill evil doers(neighbors) it was "do the Justice/My verdict for them is death". It has nothing to do with love or hate.

BUDDY CHRIST:
20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
-A little man on man action? They both die. In no uncertain terms. And yet homosexual christians still exist.
ALLA:
of course they do. first of all not all Christians belong to God's Church or to God's covenant people. So, they are not in the law. second, God can not tell His people to stone to death for breaking covenants/laws. Why? Because God's covenant people do not live in isolated society were laws of the land are God's laws and President of the land is God's true Prophet.
God's covenant people live in different countries were God's laws are not government laws. Duh.

09-09-2015, 08:39 PM
BUDDY CHRIST:
21:2 "And Israel vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou wilt indeed deliver this people into my hand, then I will utterly destroy their cities."
21:3 "And the LORD hearkened to the voice of Israel, and delivered up the Canaanites; and they utterly destroyed them and their cities: and he called the name of the place Hormah."

-God massacres entire cities of innocent people
ALLA:
who told you they were innocent people?

BUDDY CHRIST:
21:5 "And the people spake against God, and against Moses, Wherefore have ye brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, neither is there any water; and our soul loatheth this light bread."
21:6 "And the LORD sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; and much people of Israel died."

-The people who faithfully followed Moses on his word, and have been lost in the desert for 40 years complain that they are starving and dehydrated... so God kills them. "I said keep it down back there, I'm trying to drive!"

faithfully? I wonder what "faithful" in your opinion is.

09-09-2015, 09:00 PM
(09-09-2015 06:59 PM)claywise Wrote:  
unfogged Wrote:I have to hand it to you... you make ad hoc hypothesizing into an art form.

Ain't that just a polite way of saying that Alla is a master at pulling nonsense out of her ass?

Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
09-09-2015, 11:44 PM
(09-09-2015 07:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 04:14 PM)morondog Wrote:  So if they're innocent victims is it right to free them?
yes, and this is what God wants us to do. We are here on Earth to learn to do good/right/constructive things/choices. To free innocent people from the slavery is one of those things we have to learn to do. To overcome evil is one of those things we have to learn to do. This way we may become Gods.

So if you encounter a slave and you cannot tell whether they are an innocent victim or if they deserve it, is it right to free them?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-09-2015, 06:51 AM
(09-09-2015 07:59 PM)Alla Wrote:  

once again, Alla claims to know what this mythical god wants. Did your little red phone ring? Does god have you on his phone plan? One day maybe you will be lucid enough to realize you don't KNOW anything, you may hope, you may wish, you may even believe, but you don't KNOW anything in relation to what this mythical god wants. Just because you rock and pray while rubbing your magic beans and ask a question over and over....the "answer" you receive comes from the tattered corner of your delusional mind....that is not the litmus test for god talking to you.

Yes, we are well aware of the ridiculous Mormon concept of achieving godhood...don't make me spit out my coffee in derision.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
10-09-2015, 07:10 AM
(09-09-2015 11:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  So if you encounter a slave and you cannot tell whether they are an innocent victim or if they deserve it, is it right to free them?
If I can not tell then it is the right thing - to free them. This is what God wants me to do when I don't know - to help others - to do what is right.

10-09-2015, 07:18 AM
(10-09-2015 06:51 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  once again, Alla claims to know what this mythical god wants. Did your little red phone ring? Does god have you on his phone plan?
there are His revelations(knowledge from God0 in the Scriptures and there is another Witness - the Holy Ghost Who confirms only those things that are true and Who teaches me and guides me.
He tells me what is the right thing to do or what God wants me to do when or if I don't know.
(10-09-2015 06:51 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  One day maybe you will be lucid enough to realize you don't KNOW anything, you may hope, you may wish, you may even believe, but you don't KNOW anything in relation to what this mythical god wants.
May be, but until that das comes I follow what Spirit teaches me. And so far He never taught me things that were wrong or bad for me or others. It is quite opposite.
(10-09-2015 06:51 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Just because you rock and pray while rubbing your magic beans and ask a question over and over....the "answer" you receive comes from the tattered corner of your delusional mind....that is not the litmus test for god talking to you.
Yes, we are well aware of the ridiculous Mormon concept of achieving godhood...don't make me spit out my coffee in derision.
Oh, you can spit out your coffee or you can ridicule me. First of all, I choose not to be offended
Secondly, I probably would say the same thing to you if I was an atheist and you were a believer in God of Israel. I really understand you. I was an atheist.

10-09-2015, 07:55 AM
(10-09-2015 07:10 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(09-09-2015 11:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  So if you encounter a slave and you cannot tell whether they are an innocent victim or if they deserve it, is it right to free them?
If I can not tell then it is the right thing - to free them. This is what God wants me to do when I don't know - to help others - to do what is right.

So... slavery is wrong then Smile Since you previously said that you can't as a rule tell if a slave deserves to be a slave.

Congratulations on disagreeing with God Smile Now you can go to hell with the rest of us Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
10-09-2015, 08:14 AM
(10-09-2015 07:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  So... slavery is wrong then Smile Since you previously said that you can't as a rule tell if a slave deserves to be a slave.
Slavery is evil. Evil happens to evil doers. Evil also happens to good people.
This is part of God's plan. We are here to learn evil form our own experiences. Sometimes evil that happens to us is consequence of our actions, sometimes it is for another reason - we are given an opportunity to grow spiritually and to learn more.
(10-09-2015 07:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  Congratulations on disagreeing with God Smile Now you can go to hell with the rest of us Hug
I have no idea why you came to this conclusion.
God knows who deserves slavery(evil) and who doesn't. If He does not tell me who is evil doer He wants me to do what is right - help others without judging/thinking what kind of people they are.
Slavery is not right or wrong. Slavery is evil. God uses evil/Satan for His wise purposes.