An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Votes - 3.88 Average
12-09-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)
(12-09-2015 02:39 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Blink

Laugh out load
Kiss

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2015, 02:44 PM
(12-09-2015 02:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 01:52 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  You would think as many times as I have paddled your little behind with the knowledge stick you would learn to avoid engaging me on the topic of theology. Consider
You quote the Bible very well, I can give you this credit. But your interpretation of the Bible is not correct most of the time.

[Image: britney-confused_zps9eff516a.gif]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
12-09-2015, 02:48 PM
(12-09-2015 01:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  According to the Bible Jesus didn't teach in plain language. He was teaching by using symbols and parables. What make you think that those words were in plain language? I am talking about "generation" People like you do NOT have to understand what Jesus was teaching. It has to be hidden manna for people like you. and it is.

For people like me? I hope you're not implying that I can't follow and appreciate The Word just because I don't believe in God. Because that would be precisely what The Word does not say.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-09-2015, 02:52 PM
(12-09-2015 02:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 01:42 PM)Alla Wrote:  According to the Bible Jesus didn't teach in plain language. He was teaching by using symbols and parables. What make you think that those words were in plain language? I am talking about "generation" People like you do NOT have to understand what Jesus was teaching. It has to be hidden manna for people like you. and it is.

For people like me? I hope you're not implying that I can't follow and appreciate The Word because I don't believe in God. Because that would be precisely what The Word does not say.
You can follow and appreciate the Word according to your understanding of the Word. Many people do wrong/evil things because they do NOT understand the Word correctly. But God gives to all people moral agency.

12-09-2015, 02:52 PM
(12-09-2015 01:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  So, GWG, you were Southern Baptist? Now I understand why you like to talk about LDS Church. what is the difference between atheists and Southern Baptists? There is only one difference: no faith- faith. that's all.

I'm pretty sure GWoG's pops was some sorta Mormon elder or whatever they call themselves.

#sigh
12-09-2015, 02:53 PM
(12-09-2015 02:20 PM)Alla Wrote:  You quote the Bible very well, I can give you this credit. But your interpretation of the Bible is not correct most of the time.

Interpretation is subjective. This is why one must study exigesis, and more importantly, the forensic analysis of the formation of the bible, and indepth analysis of the historicity of jesus. For without jesus, Christianity fails...like all religions do upon introspective contemplation of their "holy books."

This belief is based on the belief that jesus of nazareth was the son of a god.

So how do we know of jesus?

Since not one word ever written about jesus was actually done by an eyewitness to jesus, one cannot hold any of the writings as factual, especially since they allege so much magic. Odd that with all of these supernatural events not one person recorded it AT THE TIME. One would surmise it is bullshit.

So since we know no one who wrote of jesus knew him, or was an eyewitness, lets apply logic to this, something I know you struggle with.

Either this guy was truly the son of a god, and was performing magical miracles like Benny Hinn on a world tour.......

OR

It is all man's fabrication of a story, based off of older hero god myths throughout time from Osiris, to Romulus, to jesus. Once this babbling self delusional son of god was unceremoniously nailed to a piece of wood and left to die, Paul quickly spun a tale about how jesus appeared before him after death, just like every other older hero god myth....now why would he do this? Power. The aphrodisiac of many men throughout history.

Now which makes more since? Zero evidence for option one, a plethora of evidence for option two. Put on your thinking cap Alla...oh wait...shit you don't have one, well here, borrow mine.....think....think....apply some logic....have we ever seen the evidence of magic and miracles? um.....no. So one would think .........option two is the more realistic reality. Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
12-09-2015, 02:53 PM
(12-09-2015 02:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 01:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  So, GWG, you were Southern Baptist? Now I understand why you like to talk about LDS Church. what is the difference between atheists and Southern Baptists? There is only one difference: no faith- faith. that's all.

I'm pretty sure GWoG's pops was some sorta Mormon elder or whatever they call themselves.
that I don't know.

12-09-2015, 02:54 PM
(12-09-2015 02:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I thought his mom is a minister...either way, I am pretty sure he is well-versed in Bible.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-09-2015, 02:56 PM
(12-09-2015 02:54 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am pretty sure he is well-versed in Bible.

Yep, he knows dem Bible verses Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-09-2015, 02:58 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2015 03:02 PM by goodwithoutgod.)

My father was a southern Baptist minister. I was a youth pastor in his church, and led the younger children through sunday school, church activities etc. My parents divorced later, and subsequently remarried other people later down the road. My mother became a Pentecostal Minister, and my father converted to Mormonism. Which explains a little about my indepth knowledge of both...well that and thirty years of research and a degree in religious studies with specialization in Christianity from Saint Leo University. Which is why I can so easily school you on this subject. Your point?

No Alla, there is a HUGE difference between someone who has no faith, and someone who has faith......the fact you can't apparently discern the difference is....eyeopening.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post