An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Votes - 3.88 Average
12-09-2015, 03:38 PM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)
(12-09-2015 03:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 03:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Because I don't want or need to be spoon fed my metaphysics. Those who do have abdicated their personal responsibility. Doctrine and dogma only obfuscate, dilute, and distract from The Word.
OK, I understand your position.
(12-09-2015 03:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why?
All religions can not be true. they contradict each other in many things.

NO religion can be true as they can ALL be traced back to their creation, fabrication, and assimilation....as fiction. Man created god in his image, only the gullible, elderly and stupid believe it.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
12-09-2015, 03:39 PM
(12-09-2015 03:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You are not only ignorant, but you are a prejudiced, small-minded, and piss poor example of what ever flavor of religion you claim to follow.

those are the words that I would expect from some one on the forum of Southern Baptists.
what is the difference between atheists and Southern Baptists?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
12-09-2015, 03:42 PM
(12-09-2015 03:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  All religions can not be true. they contradict each other in many things.

Except in The Word.

#sigh
12-09-2015, 03:43 PM
(12-09-2015 03:39 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 03:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You are not only ignorant, but you are a prejudiced, small-minded, and piss poor example of what ever flavor of religion you claim to follow.

those are the words that I would expect from some one on the forum of Southern Baptists.
what is the difference between atheists and Southern Baptists?

I am not now, nor was I ever, a Southern Baptist you twit.

Nor is this a forum of Southern Baptists. You have to be a troll, no one can be this stupid without having someone around reminding them to breathe.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-09-2015, 03:57 PM
Alla writes

"People like you do NOT have to understand what Jesus was teaching. It has to be hidden manna for people like you. and it is."

This is arrogance, inspired by religion, raising its ugly little head.

Here we have a (probably) nice enough young lady, gullible and simple enough to imagine she is somehow better than her fellow man because of what she's been told in church. The exclusivity of the elect feeds off the primitive emotions of the people. Faith supposedly elevates one's value, and the priests cash in.

It is only one step away from the crusades, the inquisition, catholic/protestant fighting, Germans killing Jews and hatred aimed at gays.

Religion poisons everything.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
12-09-2015, 04:06 PM
(12-09-2015 03:57 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Alla writes

"People like you do NOT have to understand what Jesus was teaching. It has to be hidden manna for people like you. and it is."

Here we have a (probably) nice enough young lady, gullible and simple enough to imagine she is somehow better than her fellow man because of what she's been told in church. The exclusivity of the elect feeds off the primitive emotions of the people. Faith supposedly elevates one's value, and the priests cash in.

It is only one step away from the crusades, the inquisition, catholic/protestant fighting, Germans killing Jews and hatred aimed at gays.

Buried in some of the nonsensical posts are hints of this person not being a simple, brain-washed person...but instead, a troll playing dumb. Were that not the case, I would have some sympathy.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-09-2015, 04:17 PM

No. She hold's herself higher. She's told she hears voices of the holy ghost and it explains the bible to her. It also tells her parts that aren't included.

She said on numerous occasions that she knows better then everyone. Because of her ghost friend, that tells her things.

(Alla you know i'll pull up your quotes. If you try to dodge this.)

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
12-09-2015, 04:22 PM
(12-09-2015 04:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Buried in some of the nonsensical posts are hints of this person not being a simple, brain-washed person...but instead, a troll playing dumb. Were that not the case, I would have some sympathy.

You are more perceptive than me.

All I see is a simple minded brain washed girl. The lights are on, but there's no one living in the top storey.
12-09-2015, 04:36 PM (This post was last modified: 13-09-2015 01:37 PM by Mark Fulton.)
(12-09-2015 04:17 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  

No. She hold's herself higher. She's told she hears voices of the holy ghost and it explains the bible to her. It also tells her parts that aren't included.

She said on numerous occasions that she knows better then everyone. Because of her ghost friend, that tells her things.

(Alla you know i'll pull up your quotes. If you try to dodge this.)

The price she pays for her delusions of grandeur?

- a head full of philosophical nonsense
- suppression of her intellect
- suppression of her individuality
- 10%

And as a consequence we get
"I only want to talk about the book"
"The book doesn't mean that , it means this..."
"A ghost talks to me"
"The ghost, or the prophet, knows best"

The priests/prophets/elders are laughing all the way to the bank.
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
13-09-2015, 01:40 PM
(12-09-2015 03:38 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 03:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  OK, I understand your position.
All religions can not be true. they contradict each other in many things.

NO religion can be true as they can ALL be traced back to their creation, fabrication, and assimilation....as fiction. Man created god in his image, only the gullible, elderly and stupid believe it.

And, unfortunately, the very young.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post