An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Votes - 3.88 Average
14-09-2015, 02:05 PM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)
(12-09-2015 03:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 03:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  All religions can not be true. they contradict each other in many things.

Except in The Word.
This is why all religions have parts of the truth(The Word) but they are not all true.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2015, 02:07 PM
(12-09-2015 03:57 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Alla writes

"People like you do NOT have to understand what Jesus was teaching. It has to be hidden manna for people like you. and it is."

This is arrogance, inspired by religion, raising its ugly little head.

You have incorrect interpretation of my words "people like you"
I am no better than you.

14-09-2015, 02:11 PM
(12-09-2015 04:17 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  No. She hold's herself higher.
I don't know what you mean.
(12-09-2015 04:17 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  She said on numerous occasions that she knows better then everyone.
false statement.
(12-09-2015 04:17 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  (Alla you know i'll pull up your quotes. If you try to dodge this.)
please, pull up the quotes (if you wish, of course)

14-09-2015, 02:15 PM
(12-09-2015 03:38 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 03:27 PM)Alla Wrote:  OK, I understand your position.
All religions can not be true. they contradict each other in many things.

NO religion can be true as they can ALL be traced back to their creation, fabrication, and assimilation....as fiction. Man created god in his image, only the gullible, elderly and stupid believe it.
Gospel of Jesus Christ can not be traced back by mortal men. It existed before this Earth was organized out of eternal unorganized matter.
It already existed billions and billions of years ago. It is older than our universe(our world).

14-09-2015, 02:24 PM
(12-09-2015 04:17 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  No. She hold's herself higher. She's told she hears voices of the holy ghost and it explains the bible to her. It also tells her parts that aren't included.

She said on numerous occasions that she knows better then everyone. Because of her ghost friend, that tells her things.

(Alla you know i'll pull up your quotes. If you try to dodge this.)
Is Alla a female.

Now I think the bible is a piece of garbage but since you are thinking it is truth I feel only words from the bible can compel you.

Quote:A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

I guess, regarding the bible it is about women knowing their rightful place. They are to be silent and there to make babies, that is their lot in life.

However, I say to hell with the bible. I like Alla and find it interesting what she says, it certainly adds life to this forum and I value Alla's opinion as much as the opinion of any man.

Of course, I am easily led stray because I don't follow the word of the bible. But as long as Alla keeps talking, I am happy to be led astray by listing to the opinions of a female. As I say, to hell with the bible and it's sexist tripe. Woman are to speak up if they want, and us guys are to listen to them no more or less than men.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
14-09-2015, 02:37 PM
(14-09-2015 02:05 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 03:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Except in The Word.
This is why all religions have parts of the truth(The Word) but they are not all true.

Alla, I suggest you get an education.

Read some textbooks on philosophy.

Learn about logical thought and science.

Study the history of Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Mormonism. Develop an appreciation of how religion is used to control and profit from people.

Then come back and talk to us about "the Word."

Or....please keep doing exactly what you are. Keep promoting your ignorant, closeted, brainwashed worldview. You are a convenient whipping boy who makes us more educated atheists look real good.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-09-2015, 02:39 PM
(14-09-2015 02:24 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Now I think the bible is a piece of garbage but since you are thinking it is truth I feel only words from the bible can compel you.
I don't think that the Bible is truth. I believe that in the Bible there is truth. There are also errors of men in the Bible.
(14-09-2015 02:24 PM)Stevil Wrote:  But as long as Alla keeps talking, I am happy to be led astray by listing to the opinions of a female. As I say, to hell with the bible and it's sexist tripe. Woman are to speak up if they want, and us guys are to listen to them no more or less than men.
I am glad that you listen to what I say. May be, you listen to what I say. Big Grin

14-09-2015, 02:42 PM
(14-09-2015 02:37 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Or....please keep doing exactly what you are.
Keep promoting....
I think I will stick to it.
(14-09-2015 02:37 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  You are a convenient whipping boy who makes us more educated atheists look real good.
Nothing can make me happier than to make atheists look real good. I like atheists. I really do.

14-09-2015, 03:09 PM
(14-09-2015 02:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 03:38 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  NO religion can be true as they can ALL be traced back to their creation, fabrication, and assimilation....as fiction. Man created god in his image, only the gullible, elderly and stupid believe it.
Gospel of Jesus Christ can not be traced back by mortal men. It existed before this Earth was organized out of eternal unorganized matter.
It already existed billions and billions of years ago. It is older than our universe(our world).

[Image: 210bktj.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
14-09-2015, 03:30 PM
(14-09-2015 02:15 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 03:38 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  NO religion can be true as they can ALL be traced back to their creation, fabrication, and assimilation....as fiction. Man created god in his image, only the gullible, elderly and stupid believe it.

Superman cannot be traced back by mortal men. He existed before this Earth was organized out of eternal unorganized matter. He already existed billions and billions of years ago. He is older than our universe (our world).

Why? How? Because I said so.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user