An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Votes - 3.88 Average
10-02-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)
Why this thread return from dead? Evil_monster

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2017, 07:08 PM
(10-02-2017 05:38 PM)kim Wrote:  Why this thread return from dead? Evil_monster

Newbielis

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
10-02-2017, 11:41 PM
(10-02-2017 07:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 05:38 PM)kim Wrote:  Why this thread return from dead? Evil_monster

Newbielis

We feed. Evil_monster

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-02-2017, 12:44 PM
(10-02-2017 08:04 AM)Naielis Wrote:  Can you lay out your theology here. Because right now it seems very synctretic [sic]. Syncretism always has the problem of inconsistency.
Here and elsewhere you seem obsessed with consistency and certainty, as if those things actually existed here in messy ol' reality.

Besides, even relatively speaking, what theist has consistent beliefs and teachings? Untethered as religious faith is from a valid epistemological approach, it tends to put people all over the map.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
11-02-2017, 03:42 PM
[Image: The-Best-and-most-Amazing-Boob-Gifs-8.gif]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
11-02-2017, 03:50 PM
(11-02-2017 12:44 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 08:04 AM)Naielis Wrote:  Can you lay out your theology here. Because right now it seems very synctretic [sic]. Syncretism always has the problem of inconsistency.
Here and elsewhere you seem obsessed with consistency and certainty, as if those things actually existed here in messy ol' reality.

I remember being that way when I was 17, but then I took a pharmaceutical arrow in the metaphysics and things made a lot less sense. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-02-2017, 04:34 PM
(11-02-2017 03:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-02-2017 12:44 PM)mordant Wrote:  Here and elsewhere you seem obsessed with consistency and certainty, as if those things actually existed here in messy ol' reality.

I remember being that way when I was 17, but then I took a pharmaceutical arrow in the metaphysics and things made a lot less sense. Thumbsup

That's probably a good idea. Consider
I have an acquaintance who insists everything (including a human being) is either one way or the other - and he must be able to figure it out and categorize it.
He also insists he's "old" because he's 38. Dodgy

If I could get him to drop acid, maybe he would loosen up the sphincter and start thinking in a more jaded adult manner. Shy

[+] 2 users Like kim's post
08-04-2017, 10:11 AM
Where is the pdf/book available? I can't find it

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.” ~ Oscar Wilde
08-04-2017, 10:15 AM
(08-04-2017 10:11 AM)SeaJay Wrote:  Where is the pdf/book available? I can't find it

Amazon has the book.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-04-2017, 12:45 PM
(11-02-2017 04:34 PM)kim Wrote:  
(11-02-2017 03:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I remember being that way when I was 17, but then I took a pharmaceutical arrow in the metaphysics and things made a lot less sense. Thumbsup

That's probably a good idea. Consider
I have an acquaintance who insists everything (including a human being) is either one way or the other - and he must be able to figure it out and categorize it.
He also insists he's "old" because he's 38. Dodgy

If I could get him to drop acid, maybe he would loosen up the sphincter and start thinking in a more jaded adult manner. Shy

No. Consistency is important. I don't care about "messy reality". This isn't reality. This is a pragmatic perception of reality as it pertains to living life. This is irrelevant in the search for truth.

"I think part of the appeal of mathematical logic is that the formulas look mysterious - you write backward Es!" - Hilary Putnam