An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4 Average
08-01-2013, 02:23 PM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)
Here is something I have been hearing lately from religious people who are now realizing that the bible is filled with tales that go from ridiculous to plain absurd.

"The Bible is but a metaphor"

In a desperate attempt to explain the violence,the absurdities, all the contradictions, some religious people have embraced the silly notion that the bible stories are a metaphor.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2013, 12:31 PM
Wow... From reading the few bits on this forum about the bible I discovered things I never knew about before, and no, I haven't dug myself through the 33 pages of this thread yet. Wink I've never seen so much shit in one place, eh... book. Apart from that I actually never really read that bible even when I was "believing", I had fairly enough of it during class and it bored the shit out of me. My book of morals were the Fairy tales from Hans Christian Andersen, and my fav up to this day are "The ugly duckling" and my all time fav ever, "Tiny".

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." (Carl Sagan)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2013, 08:41 PM
I have a small request for the fine folks of TTA. I just read about a guy who sold a million eBooks by paying 300 people to give 5 star ratings and my book is doing well so far with just 1 rating. Could those of you with an Amazon account, some free time, and a desire to make bad life decisions head on over to the amazon site and give me some stars?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?u...rian+shuty

Those of you who already did will find that your review has been deleted because I had to submit a new file for all the corrections I made and it wipes the slate clean.

The reviews don't even have to make sense.

A few suggestions:

"This book tastes great when baked at 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Slather on some BBQ sauce and serve over rice for best results."

"I just bought this book yesterday and I'm loving it. It props up the wobbly table in my kitchen perfectly!"

"I gave this book to a blind deaf-mute kid for Christmas. So far, I've heard no complaints!"

As far as paying you... anyone who rates get a Rep point from me (assuming I haven't already repped you). Just PM me your amazon name so I know it's you. Thanks, you ragtag tribe of gypsy renegades.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
13-01-2013, 08:48 PM
LoL. I was going to go review it, and then it turns out it's my review. I'll go ahead and review the New Testament one as well, although I haven't read it yet. Tongue

Contribute to the Community Resource!
13-01-2013, 09:03 PM
(13-01-2013 08:48 PM)Near Wrote:  LoL. I was going to go review it, and then it turns out it's my review. I'll go ahead and review the New Testament one as well, although I haven't read it yet. Tongue

Done and done. I didn't say the Rep would make sense.

And since I don't like to beg for something without giving back, I'll start a few forum threads as soon as the weed wears off.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
13-01-2013, 09:10 PM
I tried to make my New Testament review more humourous, and less serious. When it goes live, I hope your socks are blown clean off.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
13-01-2013, 09:14 PM
I've reviewed all three. Thinking back though my review for the physical book may get rejected cos I think I forgot I was no longer on TTA and might have titled it 'Fucking Brilliant'. Not exactly the cleverest thing I've ever done.

The other two should be fine though. If the third one gets rejected I'll have another go at it, and try not to swear this time. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
13-01-2013, 09:16 PM
Yep, Amazon have already emailed me effectively telling me I have a dirty mouth. Let's hope attempt number two makes it through the screening process. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
13-01-2013, 09:59 PM
Reviewed and ordered the paperback.
You'll have no trouble recognizing the name.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
13-01-2013, 10:33 PM
(13-01-2013 09:03 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(13-01-2013 08:48 PM)Near Wrote:  LoL. I was going to go review it, and then it turns out it's my review. I'll go ahead and review the New Testament one as well, although I haven't read it yet. Tongue

Done and done. I didn't say the Rep would make sense.

And since I don't like to beg for something without giving back, I'll start a few forum threads as soon as the weed wears off.

Are you J Tucker? Socks are gone. You play a very convincing "I'm in my own imaginary world" character who is disappointed with zombie fiction.

[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  A Very Misanthropik Bible Study Misanthropik 37 668 Today 12:46 AM
Last Post: JONES
  The Bible ok'ing abortion???? MrKrispy601 27 494 Yesterday 01:27 PM
Last Post: Im_Ryan
  Updated on my 3rd read of the bible MrKrispy601 24 334 20-07-2014 01:20 PM
Last Post: Fodder_From_The_Truth
  It takes more faith to be an Atheist TheKetola 40 3,671 18-07-2014 01:29 PM
Last Post: Mr. Slave
  Hobby Lobby President Has Agenda To Have Mandatory Bible Curriculum In Public Schools WindyCityJazz 20 395 16-07-2014 06:13 AM
Last Post: Hobbitgirl
  Atheist / Agnostic Informational Resource Library Near 164 15,402 13-07-2014 12:41 AM
Last Post: DLJ
  Bible Golden Ratio "Code" TheLastEnemy 290 9,797 11-07-2014 10:42 AM
Last Post: Impulse