An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4 Average
27-03-2012, 11:07 PM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible
(18-03-2012 04:03 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  
(18-03-2012 12:44 PM)Dust Wrote:  Wow, quite a lot of references.
Thanks a bunch, I'll read it when I have the time.

I included them all just for interest in case anyone wants to spend a few hours reading about Mithraism LOL. Actually....it is very interesting how closely Christianity mimics this cult.

(16-03-2012 08:06 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  So I'm almost done with my second (and final) revision of the book, which IMO has made the book at least 3 times more awesome. And the only things really left are the cover picture and of course raising money for the production. I'm only hoping to break even and cover production costs (which would be about 70 sold books). At least the book would still be out there in existence for future enjoyment.

But anyways, about the cover. I was originally going to do a "me wearing a suit, smiling weirdly, while holding a flaming Bible." But I have since had a smarter idea. What if it's just a Bible being set on fire by a magnifying glass? That way, the shock value is still there and the "critique" part is being represented by the magnifying glass. I am critiquing the book and the book is collapsing under the scrutiny. And it's easier to do (I can take the picture myself).

Also, I won't have to be in the picture. I don't want people to not buy my book because they think I'm unattractive or weird looking.

Just an idea.......that involves a lot of work.........have you thought about setting up a web page and then selling it as an ebook? You might make some money! I'm going to try to do that with my book.

Actually I won't have to. Self-publishing sites like Lulu and BookSurge have basic publishing packages that make your book available as an ebook for Kindle, while also putting it on Amazon and Barnes and Noble sites. Wee bit expensive but I'm hoping to recoup production costs (about 60 books need to sell).

And I would have had the book out by now, but I'm moving to South Carolina in a month and I want to make sure I have enough money for rent and stuff.

(27-03-2012 04:36 PM)james5000 Wrote:  The Bible is not a history manual nor a scientific manual. The Bible is a spiritual manual, the complete spiritual manual; the spiritual manual par excellence. The Bible is not the only spiritual manual because there are other 'spiritual manuals' which are very good too.

Therefore it cannot be said that the Bible is rubbish and it's ok to criticise it because it's irrelevant. When rightly understood, the Bible can provide the reader with all the knowledge the reader needs to reach God.

I'm not critiquing the Bible as a history or science textbook, I'm critiquing it as this so-called spiritual manual. The science and history contradictions and inaccuracies pointed out are only to emphasize the fact that the handbook from God is full of false information, hopefully leading readers to understand that it was written by uneducated men. But my focal point is to examine the moral actions and teachings of this supposedly moral deity. And after revealing him to be a genocidal, homophobic, misogynistic lunatic... the question is, would you really WANT to "reach God."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible - Firestorm2408 - 13-04-2011, 12:49 AM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible - Firestorm2408 - 13-04-2011, 11:36 AM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible - Firestorm2408 - 13-04-2011, 04:13 PM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible - paulesungnomo - 17-11-2011, 06:14 AM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible - GassyKitten - 12-05-2011, 06:13 PM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible - GassyKitten - 12-05-2011, 07:31 PM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible - Jumping Atheist - 18-05-2011, 11:46 AM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible - QTpieRsquared - 10-07-2011, 10:19 AM