An atheist's quandary!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
24-11-2012, 08:11 PM
An atheist's quandary!
This chick refuses to wear her RFID tagged high school badge, used to record students' movement patterns! I.o.w. no privacy anymore.
So my kneejerk reflex says good for her! Fuck Big Brother!

BUT... her motivation for her refusal is that it is 'the sign of the beast'...! So she is a stark raving mad religious fundamentalist!

Now WTF are we supposed to do with this? Should we or shouldn't we support her?

[Image: TXteenostracized.jpg]

Read the whole article here .
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2012, 08:18 PM
RE: An atheist's quandary!
Well I for one are in support of these GPS things.
So fuck the bitch.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
24-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Let's back track for a minute. I understand swipe cards for convenience... microchips, there's some good argument to be had. But GPS trackers? WHAT THE FUCK?

I may support a "any means to an end" argument here. If a religious argument is able to do the job, to stall this Orwellian scheme, I say go for it.
24-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Hey, Janus.

In a word: Solidarity!

The fucking chip is bad enough (you're right PB88, Orwell was a prescient genius, this bullshit needs to be stopped - fucking Soviet Russia "where are your papers" bullshit, and absolutely it's about training kids to live in a surveillance state) but the fucking extortion is just perverse.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
24-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Now wait just a damn minute.

It is an RFID chip, not GPS. RFID is very short range and can only be used to track things like entry into rooms where the doorway is instrumented.

It can not track anyone beyond the school. Not quite Orwellian.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
24-11-2012, 09:05 PM
An atheist's quandary!
(24-11-2012 09:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  Now wait just a damn minute.

It is an RFID chip, not GPS. RFID is very short range and can only be used to track things like entry into rooms where the doorway is instrumented.

It can not track anyone beyond the school. Not quite Orwellian.

Which is exactly what They want us to believe.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
24-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Here is the quandary...

Those responsible for 'governance' of the institution are looking for ways to improve the efficiency and the effectiveness of their services... the appropriate levels of security, service availability and capacity... satisfaction levels high and costs low.

For this they need to understand patterns of behaviour (Demand Management) and for this they need information / data.

Service Management processes are hungry for data. There are 26 processes which I won't bore you with.

This data should be collected without infringing on anyone's rights.

Liberty vs. security is always a trade-off.

When one joins a company, one has to sign the security policy (from a national perspective we do not have this luxury) which effectively means you are signing away some rights (i.e. ownership of data).

In this case, what it will boil down to is whether this girl has signed up to the Academy's Security Policy.

She can choose not to have access to the same services as those that have signed up, of course.

Whether the data for service utiisation could be collected in other ways is a separate issue.

Ostracism is also another topic but that is presumably an evolution-thing which Ghost can speak about with more authority than I.

24-11-2012, 09:33 PM
I would have just wrapped it in tin foil.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
[+] 1 user Likes fstratzero's post
24-11-2012, 11:04 PM
It's not a chip, it's alien DNA. They implant it under your skin where it grows tendrils that seek out your brain. And soon, you become one of THEM. Evil_monster

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
24-11-2012, 11:05 PM
(24-11-2012 11:04 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  It's not a chip, it's alien DNA. They implant it under your skin where it grows tendrils that seek out your brain. And soon, you become one of THEM. Evil_monster
A Gwynnite?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post