An atheist's quandary!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
25-11-2012, 08:06 AM
RE: An atheist's quandary!
(25-11-2012 07:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  They do not have to wear the card outside of school.

They will as soon as it becomes their public transport card as well...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2012, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2012 08:33 AM by Janus.)
(25-11-2012 06:10 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why the hate for the cards in the first place?

They're used to track student wear-abouts in student hours.
I would have thought that it is bad enough that our teachers are already; teachers/moms/babysitters/councillors/advisors/administrators/etc... that we don't need to be adding finding-your-sorry-ass-locators to the mix.
They're underpaid as it is for goodness sake.

The fact is that school is required by law, if you are under a certain age then you are legally required to attended school (here at least). "Wagging", as it's called here, is a huge problem. Not only do students just straight out skip school but it's also what they do outside of school that is the issue, and sometimes in school uniform which reflects poorly on the school.

Fuck freedom of speech, you are legally required to be in school learning about shit that you will never use instead of out of school tagging up a side of a building or whatever. If you are of a certain age and don't want to attend school, fuck off and get a job.

PLUS, schools are responsible from for the well-being of students and can't well do a good job of that while they're out in town getting up to no good.

I say fuck these cards, I didn't know they were this weak ass chip, they need to get the real deal going on here. Full on GPS tracking things.

Yep! I'm all for GPS tracking things, and people!
Especially since GPS is a Pentagon run system that's had its satellites up there for about 30 years now, and because their orbits are inevitably degrading the first ones will start dropping out of the sky in about a year or so.
And with a 15 TRILLION deficit the US can't afford a replacement system... Big Grin

Luckily the EU (Galileo), Russia (Glonass), and China (Baidu) already have the first satellites of their own geo positioning systems up there. India, Brazil, Japan, and Australia have also formally committed to building theirs. You see, after these past 30 years of the US using GPS for political pressure and as a military weapon it is clear to everyone that the US' GPS cannot be relied on. The Pentagon can and does manipulate and degrade GPS data at will, and can even switch it off entirely for your country, area, or region. So nobody wants to be reliant on the US's GPS system anymore! Plus it's about to fall out of the sky anyway.
And then the US will have to go begging, hat in hand, for GPS data from those new providers! Big Grin And the shoe will be on the other foot.
25-11-2012, 08:25 AM
(25-11-2012 08:21 AM)Janus Wrote:  [And the shoe will be on the other foot.

... and about time too.

All empires decline and fall eventually.

All hail Emperor Ming (or whoever is the our beloved leader over in Beijing at the moment)

Bowing

25-11-2012, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2012 08:39 AM by Janus.)
Close, imo. I think his last name is Ching or Xhing, or something like that.
25-11-2012, 08:42 AM
This religious girl is ok with the fantasy idea that god is monitoring her every move, but when that idea is now reality she has a problem with it. It's fairly obvious that she doesn't believe that god is really watching her every step.

As for helping the fundie, yes show her the path of reason. She is just using her religion as a way of avoiding something she doesn't like. When she seeks out the real reason that is the point her brain will begin to make a shift in her critical thinking skills.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
25-11-2012, 08:42 AM
(25-11-2012 08:06 AM)Janus Wrote:  
(25-11-2012 07:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  They do not have to wear the card outside of school.

They will as soon as it becomes their public transport card as well...

How about we take a break from creeping paranoia and discuss the problem at hand. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2012, 08:45 AM
(25-11-2012 06:47 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Please enlighten me.

RTFM.
Excuse my French.
25-11-2012, 08:51 AM
(25-11-2012 08:45 AM)Janus Wrote:  
(25-11-2012 06:47 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Please enlighten me.

RTFM. Laughat
Excuse my French.

I've read the manual. That's why I'm allowed to teach it.

I was asking you to enlighten me as to what you considered to be gobbledygook.

In your own time... whenever you're ready.

Drinking Beverage

25-11-2012, 08:54 AM
(25-11-2012 07:24 AM)Ghost Wrote:  ...
I do have some questions. I think you skipped a step/made an assumption of knowledge. I'm not picking up what you're putting down about the evolution thing. Could you start over/elaborate?

I'm writing an epic reply but I have to hit pause for a while (prepping for tomorrow).

Will I get a 'like' just for effort?

25-11-2012, 08:57 AM
(25-11-2012 02:10 AM)Janus Wrote:  But pretty damn fucking close! And getting there in an awful hurry!

FYI: the UK today already has well over 10 million public, authority controlled CCTV cameras installed, monitoring streets, squares, malls, etc. etc. And with IR and drones they can also look inside buildings, including your bedroom!, too!
Oh dear, they can look in your bedroom and see all the sex you aren't having!

People assume that it is actually possible to monitor everyone constantly, or that the government even cares about what you are doing in your own home. The CCTV cameras seem like an invasion of privacy, until you get mugged and they catch the culprit because they were caught on camera.

It would probably be the same thing at the school. You hate being monitored, but when some kid/s come to school ready to shoot it up, being able to know where everyone is, is a huge help. (Obviously an extreme scenario). Also, isn't the whole mark of the beast bullshit supposed to be on the back of the hand or the forehead? Wearing a lanyard doesn't seem to be like that at all. And, as someone pointed out, the mark is supposed to be 666 or something, so using her own religion, it's possible to show that she is being facetious. Either she doesn't know what her belief system says, or she has another reason to not want to wear the badge, but doesn't want to say it.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user