An atheist youtuber is being kicked out by her landlords because of religion D:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2016, 09:52 AM
An atheist youtuber is being kicked out by her landlords because of religion D:
Horikawa is a youtuber/weeb that does let's plays and vlogs. She's a good person and an Ivy League graduate, it fucking sucks to see her get screwed over something like this. Please spread the word, if you can D:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BID2hfoBvOs

https://www.gofundme.com/rejectedforatheism
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2016, 10:08 AM
RE: An atheist youtuber is being kicked out by her landlords because of religion D:
That's really sad.
I'm sure those landlords would be shocked and appalled to know how many atheists they encounter on a daily basis. Hobo Hobo

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
15-04-2016, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2016 12:48 AM by Horikawa Otane.)
RE: An atheist youtuber is being kicked out by her landlords because of religion D:
Hey yeah, I was told there was a thread for me here. Really, I appreciate any support you can give me. Whether it's a donation, passing the campaign on, watching a video with adblock off, or whatevs.

The reaction has been incredibly positive to this situation and it's kind of legitimately made me extremely happy. If you have any questions about any of this, please go ahead and ask me.

(This is the first time I've ever really asked for money and I kinda hate doing it haha)
[+] 2 users Like Horikawa Otane's post
16-04-2016, 09:26 AM
Welcome to the forum.
I shared your story with all my non-religious facebook friends this morning.

I'm impressed with the amount of support your fundraiser has gotten already. That's fantastic Smile

It really sucks that you have to go through this, but I have no doubt you'll be better off living in a new place. Good luck, Otane-san Hug

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
16-04-2016, 11:56 AM
Stinks when people pull this kind of stunt. Note that the landlords are required to keep your security and so forth in an escrow account in most places. If so, spending it would be another crime that they perpetrated.
16-04-2016, 12:15 PM
Thread moved

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

16-04-2016, 06:51 PM
I can certainly empathise with your trauma and mental anguish Horikawa over this sort of nastiness by purportedly "tolerant" Christians. Sadly though, from my experience as a lifelong atheist, I'm thinking this is more than typical of the hypocrisy and bigotry of far too many self-righteous people of religion.

Here in Australia it's illegal for a landlord—or anybody else for that matter—to demand that you divulge your religious status. We're protected by our Australian Human Rights Commission Act 1986-2004. I know that's of no use to you (sorry), but I'd be surprised if the US doesn't have similar legislation in place to proscribe the actions of your landlord.

I understand that your finances may be limited as a student, but I wonder if you have access to a free, public service legal aid office? Although, having said that, I'm guessing you may prefer to take the path of least resistance—and less mental stress—and move out, rather than putting up with what could be a protracted fight with no guaranteed success.

Whatever, I'll wish you all the very best. Hang in there. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.