"An atheistic life isn't worth living"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2017, 11:21 AM
"An atheistic life isn't worth living"
Whenever someone claims this, I always ask why they're trying to convince atheists that their life isn't worth living. Seems like a pretty shitty thing to do.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
12-06-2017, 11:23 AM
RE: "An atheistic life isn't worth living"
It's because they haven't fully welcomed a bowl of spaghetti into their hearts. Tongue
[+] 14 users Like jennybee's post
12-06-2017, 11:24 AM
It's exactly like saying "You know, your life isn't worth living, maybe you should just kill yourself". Who the fuck does that other than a total asshole?

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
12-06-2017, 11:31 AM
Just quote Matthew 7:1-2 -“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Then say, "I hope you enjoy hot weather because I hear hell is quite sultry this time of year." Wink Have a blessed day!
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
12-06-2017, 11:32 AM
It may be shitty thing to do but it's amazement on the theist part I think. Sheep after all can't imagine life without shepherd to give it direction.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
12-06-2017, 11:37 AM
I actually feel bad for them. They're living in a self-imposed prison and don't even realize it.
[+] 8 users Like jennybee's post
12-06-2017, 11:43 AM
(12-06-2017 11:24 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  It's exactly like saying "You know, your life isn't worth living, maybe you should just kill yourself". Who the fuck does that other than a total asshole?

Well, it's not quite exactly like that. Your life could be oh so much better if you would just let Jesus into your heart, and that's what they want you to do -- not kill yourself. They think they're helping you. So they're not (necessarily) assholes -- they're just wrong.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
12-06-2017, 11:44 AM
I tend to get a bit sneery but tell them, we've all only got one life so let's live it to the full and enjoy this wonderful little rock that we're on as we spin through space.

If they then start talking about the afterlife, then I ask if they're in a hurry to get there and if not why not?

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
12-06-2017, 11:49 AM
(12-06-2017 11:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  It's because they haven't fully welcomed a bowl of spaghetti into their hearts. Tongue

It's hard to imagine a life without pasta.... :shudder:

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
12-06-2017, 11:51 AM
(12-06-2017 11:24 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  It's exactly like saying "You know, your life isn't worth living, maybe you should just kill yourself". Who the fuck does that other than a total asshole?

http://www.smh.com.au/world/teen-girl-mi...j768t.html
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post