"An atheistic life isn't worth living"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2017, 01:44 PM
RE: "An atheistic life isn't worth living"
(15-06-2017 02:38 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Humans are such worthless scum. I don't even know what to say. You should all be executed.

You first. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
07-07-2017, 01:49 PM
My life it wonderful, glorious, fulfilling, Loving, funny and just great. It couldn't be better. Oh yes and I'm a Atheist too. Maybe theist should spend more time worrying about their own lives and not others.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Squidlooking's post
07-07-2017, 10:33 PM
The energy I save by not worshipping a figment of someone else's imagination is energy I can use for things that matter to me.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
[+] 6 users Like Astreja's post
12-07-2017, 08:50 PM
(07-07-2017 10:33 PM)Astreja Wrote:  The energy I save by not worshipping a figment of someone else's imagination is energy I can use for things that matter to me.

How much energy does it take to worship something?
12-07-2017, 08:55 PM
(12-07-2017 08:50 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  
(07-07-2017 10:33 PM)Astreja Wrote:  The energy I save by not worshipping a figment of someone else's imagination is energy I can use for things that matter to me.

How much energy does it take to worship something?

Well... It depends. If you're Pentecostal... this much:

But... if you're catholic... only this much:

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 2 users Like Cosmo's post
12-07-2017, 09:02 PM
White people be like.......
12-07-2017, 09:33 PM

(12-07-2017 08:50 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  How much energy does it take to worship something?

Even a solitary practice in the privacy of one's home is time-consuming. I don't know of any "3 seconds of prayer and you're set for life" deal; it's an ongoing commitment that cumulatively can eat up thousands of hours. At one point in my life, when I was involved with a Buddhist sect, there was an expectation of morning and evening chanting that could take an hour or more to do "properly."

Driving somewhere one or more days a week to worship with a bunch of people and get preached at is right out. No

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
12-07-2017, 10:38 PM
Anyone else get the feeling that "Angra Mainyu" is some sort of odd pronunciation of "Angry Man You"? Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
13-07-2017, 12:21 AM
(12-07-2017 10:38 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Anyone else get the feeling that "Angra Mainyu" is some sort of odd pronunciation of "Angry Man You"? Consider

Wiki Wrote:Angra Mainyu (also: Aŋra Mainiiu) is the Avestan-language name of Zoroastrianism's hypostasis of the "destructive spirit".

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
13-07-2017, 07:23 AM
(12-07-2017 09:33 PM)Astreja Wrote:  Driving somewhere one or more days a week to worship with a bunch of people and get preached at is right out. No
*Chuckle* in my day it was at least 3 times a week. Sunday morning, Sunday evening, Wednesday evening, plus youth group or whatever other ancillary thing was going on.

I walk my dog every morning past a little Korean Baptist Church and as I passed by yesterday there were carloads of parents unloading kids all in the same color tee shirts for some day camp or choir practice or dog only knows what ... and I thought, not for the first time, how each one of those families is probably killing half of a perfectly nice Wednesday to do whatever the heck it is that they were doing there ... to conform to groupthink. And I get the whole day to myself now. Take a minimum of 4 hours rounding everyone up, getting them dressed, getting them there & back and spending the time for the meeting, multiply it by a couple dozen families and you have at least 200 person days wasted on bullshit right there.

Of course ... in fairness people spend their time on something so without church it might be girl scouts or a charity run or something ... but the point is, you get to decide for yourself how to spend it.
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post