"An atheistic life isn't worth living"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2017, 09:07 AM
RE: "An atheistic life isn't worth living"
(13-07-2017 07:23 AM)mordant Wrote:  Of course ... in fairness people spend their time on something so without church it might be girl scouts or a charity run or something ... but the point is, you get to decide for yourself how to spend it.

In my case it's an addiction to community concert bands and astronomy events. If I get a panicked e-mail because some other band has a clarinet shortage for a gig that night, I can load the car and be en route in a time that would make a AA fuel dragster driver proud. As for the astronomy, I'll gladly spend mass quantities of $$$ to get into the path of a solar eclipse for 2 minutes in midday darkness, and *squee* about it for years afterwards.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
13-07-2017, 04:48 PM
RE: "An atheistic life isn't worth living"
(12-07-2017 10:38 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Anyone else get the feeling that "Angra Mainyu" is some sort of odd pronunciation of "Angry Man You"? Consider

Wikipedia

Angra Mainyu (also: Aŋra Mainiiu) is the Avestan-language name of Zoroastrianism's hypostasis of the "destructive spirit". The Middle Persian equivalent is Ahriman (Anglicised pronunciation:

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post