"An atheistic life isn't worth living"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2017, 03:35 PM
(12-06-2017 11:31 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Just quote Matthew 7:1-2 -“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Then say, "I hope you enjoy hot weather because I hear hell is quite sultry this time of year." Wink Have a blessed day!

A co-worker was trying to recruit me for her church. When she found out I am an atheist, she went ballistic and spit in my face then began sending me threatening emails. Of course she didn't actually threaten me, she just implied that Jesus would smite me. I printed out all her emails until she sent me a jpg of a desert scene with the caption "Enjoy hell!" I replied to her, "Thanks! I hear it's a dry heat!" I bundled all those emails and walked down to Human Resources.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 18 users Like Rachel's post
12-06-2017, 03:41 PM
RE: "An atheistic life isn't worth living"
(12-06-2017 03:35 PM)Rachel Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 11:31 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Just quote Matthew 7:1-2 -“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Then say, "I hope you enjoy hot weather because I hear hell is quite sultry this time of year." Wink Have a blessed day!

A co-worker was trying to recruit me for her church. When she found out I am an atheist, she went ballistic and spit in my face then began sending me threatening emails. Of course she didn't actually threaten me, she just implied that Jesus would smite me. I printed out all her emails until she sent me a jpg of a desert scene with the caption "Enjoy hell!" I replied to her, "Thanks! I hear it's a dry heat!" I bundled all those emails and walked down to Human Resources.
Oh, c'mon Rachel, give! What did human resources do with this information?
[+] 2 users Like mordant's post
12-06-2017, 03:48 PM
(12-06-2017 11:21 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Whenever someone claims this, I always ask why they're trying to convince atheists that their life isn't worth living.

They're just telling you that because they've sunk so much into their religion, their own lives would be meaningless without it.

And that they know nothing about atheists....

Hobo
[+] 5 users Like Thoreauvian's post
12-06-2017, 03:57 PM

Seems christian love is reserved only for other believers. Or has some S/M overtones.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
12-06-2017, 04:49 PM
(12-06-2017 03:41 PM)mordant Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 03:35 PM)Rachel Wrote:  A co-worker was trying to recruit me for her church. When she found out I am an atheist, she went ballistic and spit in my face then began sending me threatening emails. Of course she didn't actually threaten me, she just implied that Jesus would smite me. I printed out all her emails until she sent me a jpg of a desert scene with the caption "Enjoy hell!" I replied to her, "Thanks! I hear it's a dry heat!" I bundled all those emails and walked down to Human Resources.
Oh, c'mon Rachel, give! What did human resources do with this information?

Sorry! I shortened the story a bit. I took everything to my direct supervisor, who promised to talk to her. I don't know if that ever happened, but the threats of imminent doom continued so I trotted off to HR, who actually did something. The co-worker and the supervisor were terminated. Management decided to retaliate by not hiring replacements, so I got to do 3 jobs for the price of 1.

It all worked out in the end. Several months later there was a power blackout and we all had to flee for the cool sea breeze outside. I don't do well in the heat. I was dripping with sweat and not glowing at all and got a job offer anyway. So life worked out just fine.
[+] 6 users Like Rachel's post
12-06-2017, 04:50 PM
(12-06-2017 03:57 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 03:35 PM)Rachel Wrote:  A co-worker was trying to recruit me for her church. When she found out I am an atheist, she went ballistic and spit in my face then began sending me threatening emails. Of course she didn't actually threaten me, she just implied that Jesus would smite me. I printed out all her emails until she sent me a jpg of a desert scene with the caption "Enjoy hell!" I replied to her, "Thanks! I hear it's a dry heat!" I bundled all those emails and walked down to Human Resources.

Seems christian love is reserved only for other believers. Or has some S/M overtones.

Apparently Christian love is meant only for Christians. Others need not apply.
12-06-2017, 04:53 PM
(12-06-2017 03:48 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 11:21 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Whenever someone claims this, I always ask why they're trying to convince atheists that their life isn't worth living.

They're just telling you that because they've sunk so much into their religion, their own lives would be meaningless without it.

And that they know nothing about atheists....

Hobo

It's not unlike them saying that atheists can't be moral without god. The absurdity of that statement is seen in the implication that if the Christian didn't have this god belief, he or she would immediately begin a life of hedonism, black market abortion, and mass murder.
[+] 2 users Like Rachel's post
12-06-2017, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2017 06:43 PM by Vera.)
(12-06-2017 04:49 PM)Rachel Wrote:  I don't do well in the heat.

They you *definitely* will not like it in Hell, Rachel. I think you need to repent ASAP [Image: inkvisitor.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 6 users Like Vera's post
12-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Yeah, and I'm King Isildur! Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
12-06-2017, 05:47 PM

Anyone ever spits in my face and they'll be able to go onto the experience project and tell all about what it feels like to swallow their front teeth. I don't turn the other cheek.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 2 users Like true scotsman's post