"An atheistic life isn't worth living"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2017, 05:44 PM
RE: "An atheistic life isn't worth living"
Such clever comments guys, really, I'm impressed. Did you write those all by your little selves?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-06-2017, 05:50 PM
I'm a lot more intelligent than my religious relatives. They can't stay out of jail. They make really low-grade meth. Their moonshine will blind and/or kill you. The guys don't even notice their kids look like the neighbor.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
14-06-2017, 05:53 PM
(14-06-2017 03:33 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Atheists aren't so much more intelligent than clueless religious folk, despite what atheists think. In terms of intelligence, it goes like this (from least to most intelligent): in-name-only Christians, atheists, deists, monotheists, animists. I'm a deist so I'm not the most intelligent person, despite what I used to think. I would love to be an atheist or monotheist but I can't be an atheist because I want to believe in a higher power and I can't be a monotheist because it's just too unrealistic.

> It is intellectually dishonest to believe out of choice. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
14-06-2017, 06:51 PM
(14-06-2017 03:33 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Atheists aren't so much more intelligent than clueless religious folk, despite what atheists think. In terms of intelligence, it goes like this (from least to most intelligent): in-name-only Christians, atheists, deists, monotheists, animists. I'm a deist so I'm not the most intelligent person, despite what I used to think. I would love to be an atheist or monotheist but I can't be an atheist because I want to believe in a higher power and I can't be a monotheist because it's just too unrealistic.

How would you know? Have you been all those things? More likely intelligence is unrelated to what religious beliefs a person may or may not have.

But why can't you have a higher power as an atheist? How high a power are you looking for? Would a muse to inspire you be sufficient or must it be something outside yourself, perhaps something as grand as the cosmos itself? The sillier your demands the greater your frustration.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
14-06-2017, 08:17 PM
I was serious. Please post a link.
14-06-2017, 10:06 PM

Ohmy You DO realize that you are bleeding stupid 6 ways from the origin, right?
[+] 6 users Like Fireball's post
14-06-2017, 10:22 PM
(12-06-2017 09:18 PM)Rachel Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 05:47 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  Anyone ever spits in my face and they'll be able to go onto the experience project and tell all about what it feels like to swallow their front teeth. I don't turn the other cheek.

I can appreciate that, but I don't believe in violence to solve a problem. On my introduction post I told about being assaulted by a wild-eyed raving lunatic who was terribly offended by my "ATHEIST" bumper sticker. It wasn't a pleasant experience. Sometimes we have to take the high road. As Michelle Obama once said in a different context, "When they go low, we go high."

Well I was being sort of tongue in cheek with my response. Sort of. I do think that violence solves many problems. For instance when someone wishes to deal with me by force, the proper response is force. I'd prefer always to deal with people by means of reason. But spitting in someones face is assault and I deal with force by force. I'm just giving the person what they want. Ayn Rand was absolutely right when she said that faith and force are corollaries. My comment about not turning the other cheek was not tongue in cheek at all.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
14-06-2017, 10:25 PM
(14-06-2017 10:06 PM)Fireball Wrote:  You DO realize that you are bleeding stupid 6 ways from the origin, right?

Not a clue what that means (after all, I am but a dumb, dumb atheist, who is not worthy to wash the soiled underwear of an enlightened aenemist animist) but it really made me laugh.[Image: hehe.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
15-06-2017, 04:17 AM
"Atheistic" does not adjectivate "life" properly. Stupid theists. Tongue

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-06-2017, 04:22 AM
(14-06-2017 05:44 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Such clever comments guys, really, I'm impressed. Did you write those all by your little selves?

Nope.

We had a secret committee, to make sure we were all on the same page (with the meeting notes transcribed and a final vote held, both in triplicate), so as to best present a unified front.

Either that, or we're all just really good as seeing a spade and remarking out loud 'well, look at that, a spade'.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post