"An atheistic life isn't worth living"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-06-2017, 05:46 AM
RE: "An atheistic life isn't worth living"
(14-06-2017 03:40 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(14-06-2017 03:33 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Atheists aren't so much more intelligent than clueless religious folk, despite what atheists think. In terms of intelligence, it goes like this (from least to most intelligent): in-name-only Christians, atheists, deists, monotheists, animists.

[Image: m79sb.jpg]

If people were at least *talking* about intelligence... no, that would still be dumbest thing I've read in a while Facepalm

Was it a joke? I don't get it.

I'd be more intelligent if I assumed the existence of an intelligent creator rather than withholding judgement until there's some evidence? And I'd be smarter still if I assumed there was only one such creator in whatever place it inhabits?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
15-06-2017, 05:52 AM
(14-06-2017 05:44 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Such clever comments guys, really, I'm impressed. Did you write those all by your little selves?

> Your not-so-very-clever post only indicates that you have no rational counterarguments. Grow up! Dodgy

> If you have a case to make.......make it!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
15-06-2017, 06:14 AM
I had to look up what an animist is. Apparently it's someone who plays Assassin's Creed.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
15-06-2017, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2017 07:24 AM by Vera.)
(15-06-2017 05:46 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  Was it a joke? I don't get it.

Why you asking me? Do I look like I speak deranged troll-ese?

(15-06-2017 06:14 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  I had to look up what an animist is. Apparently it's someone who plays Assassin's Creed.

I still maintain it has something to do with cranial aenemas Yes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
15-06-2017, 10:19 AM
Atheists just aren't that bright, they like to pretend they are highly intelligent but they're really not. Good luck getting a stupid atheist to admit they're just pretending to be smart. They always think they have such clever shit to say when it's just stupid, unoriginal crap. Thank God I'm not an atheist.
15-06-2017, 10:59 AM
[Image: Emmentaler-w.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
15-06-2017, 11:14 AM
I'm guessing that the bleeding 6 directions from the origin is another way of saying in every direction. Consider a 3d plot, while you can go in an infinite number of directions away from the origin, 6 captures the major directions: north, south, east, west, up & down.

As for the comment ranking the intelligences of certain belief and non-belief structures, SMH. Then to double down on the statement in #65, wowsers, we have a dim bulb here.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes devilsadvoc8's post
15-06-2017, 11:33 AM
(15-06-2017 10:19 AM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Atheists just aren't that bright, they like to pretend they are highly intelligent but they're really not. Good luck getting a stupid atheist to admit they're just pretending to be smart. They always think they have such clever shit to say when it's just stupid, unoriginal crap. Thank God I'm not an atheist.

I'm presently reading about 100 books a year, but of course I only have to do that since I'm not smart enough to know things without doing my homework first.

Hobo
[+] 3 users Like Thoreauvian's post
15-06-2017, 11:36 AM
Rather than make another post for you to ignore, troll, I just increased your (negative) rep. Bye, bye dumbass.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
15-06-2017, 12:16 PM
(15-06-2017 11:14 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  I'm guessing that the bleeding 6 directions from the origin is another way of saying in every direction.

I just took it as a variant of 6 ways from Sunday

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP