An athiest definition coming from a not so sure.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-01-2014, 02:14 AM
An athiest definition coming from a not so sure.
What is the true definition of an athiest. As a "Not so sure" I have my own terms of an athiest but how about all you others. I as a "Not so sure" belive athiest are individuals who may lack faith due to lifes tumbles and falls. Individuals who are uninformed or uneducated in life and those who cant enjoy all lifes wonderful choices. Does not belive in existencebof a God or Gods. I belive Jesus was a real life person with special gifts and lacking of sin and lust. I belive in Jesus but I don't have to be a Christian. I don't have to belive what I don't want. AN Athiest to you may mean that Jesus is all made up. Remember I didn't say he was a god. Think and see and feel. Touch and taste. There are many wonderful choices to chose.So remember I am just a "Not so sure."

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-01-2014, 02:55 AM
RE: An athiest definition coming from a not so sure.
(26-01-2014 02:14 AM)Mrmojoblues Wrote:  I belive Jesus was a real life person with special gifts and lacking of sin and lust. I belive in Jesus but I don't have to be a Christian.

How's that workin' out for ya?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
26-01-2014, 03:02 AM
athiest

athiest

athiest

athiest

ಠ_ಠ

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
26-01-2014, 03:06 AM
Aw shit. I've never thought about it before. Are we really atheists? Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
26-01-2014, 04:43 AM
(26-01-2014 03:02 AM)Vosur Wrote:  athiest

athiest

athiest

athiest

ಠ_ಠ

Perhaps we should put the correct spelling somewhere really obvious on each page.

Somewhere near the top, perhaps?

(26-01-2014 02:14 AM)Mrmojoblues Wrote:  ...
Does not believe in existence of a God or Gods.

Yup, that's the simplest. Go with that one.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
26-01-2014, 06:00 AM
Usually "atheist" = "I don't have a god belief". If you have a god belief you would normally be said to be a "theist". However, there is a spectrum.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
26-01-2014, 06:48 AM

athiest

athiest

athiest

ಠ_ಠ

That would be more athy than anyone.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-01-2014, 06:59 AM
Whatever happened to being nice in this section, you big meanies? Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-01-2014, 07:40 AM
(26-01-2014 02:14 AM)Mrmojoblues Wrote:  I as a "Not so sure" belive athiest are individuals who may lack faith due to lifes tumbles and falls.
This is a rather large assumption. My life is great and gets better all the time. I simply do not believe in the supernatural. It's the whole lack of evidence thing.

(26-01-2014 02:14 AM)Mrmojoblues Wrote:  Individuals who are uninformed or uneducated in life and those who cant enjoy all lifes wonderful choices.
Why would it require a lack of education or life experience to disbelieve in the supernatural? If a person says "I CAN FLY!!!", is it a lack of education or experience that inspires you to stop him from jumping from a building?

(26-01-2014 02:14 AM)Mrmojoblues Wrote:  I belive Jesus was a real life person with special gifts and lacking of sin and lust. I belive in Jesus...
What evidence led you to this conclusion?

(26-01-2014 02:14 AM)Mrmojoblues Wrote:  AN Athiest to you may mean that Jesus is all made up.
Not necessarily. There may have been an apocalyptic messianic Jew in Palestine on whom the stories of Jesus were based, however, even if this were to be confirmed, it would not prove any of the supernatural claims made about him. He may have simply been the David Koresh of his day.

You are making a lot of assumptions in your attempt to make sense of atheism. Speaking for myself (but I'm reasonably sure most here would agree) I am an atheist because religion just doesn't make any sense. Talking snakes, flying horses, magical fountains, God, gods, and demigods... it's all nonsense. I simply don't need it to make sense of the world. If the Jesus narrative helps you to do so, you are welcome to it.

You can lead a theist to reason, but, you cannot make him think.
26-01-2014, 07:42 AM

athiest

athiest

athiest

ಠ_ಠ

Athesit
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post