An echo chamber for ourselves

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2016, 04:50 PM
RE: An echo chamber for ourselves
(29-07-2016 04:00 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Your experience sounds super awkward and I hate it when that happens, I almost never get that in real life but I work for a call center so every now and then I will get a real talker, just going on and on about their whole damn life and it's like, please let me go!

I used to work for eHarmony customer care, most people would call in with a specific issue, get it resolved and hang up but then we had our repeat callers who would literally just want to talk to someone, anyone for hours and would have to end the call at some point but they would always call back. Most were nice but some were emotionally inconsistent, they would call just to vent and rage about everything but especially dating. They would also flirt a lot, offer to move to wherever I was to take me out, etc. I never get that now I work in IT, thankfully.

It was very sad, it made me realize how lucky I was to have love in my life and to have at least this one person I can talk to so I don't have to go around trying to talk to strangers plus I'm pretty shy anyway. I just hope I never get that way. Confused

SitaSky,

Yours is a very wise post. The bottom line is that we just don't want to be that lonely person, but we can still feel for them.

Being alone can be fine, but being lonely seems to gut some people, and then they are avoided. Its not a nice thing to see.

D.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
29-07-2016, 05:10 PM
RE: An echo chamber for ourselves
(29-07-2016 01:32 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  I had the feeling that the things he said were often repeated, in the manner of a soliloquy. He needed to speak.D.

Perhaps what he needed wasn't to say the things he said but he needed someone to hear the things he said.

Undecided

Sometimes people have no one who will listen, really listen, to what they feel is important to say. How often do we go through our days without really listening to what people say? Frequently our remarks are just automatic especially in carrying out routine matters. We are often not engaged.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post