An elitest YEC paper found! Is it real or fantasy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-12-2016, 06:36 AM
RE: An elitest YEC paper found! Is it real or fantasy?
(23-12-2016 12:11 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Drinking Beverage

No, no bible verses..... just some coherent posts would be nice.

Not at work. Big Grin

Don't hold your breath. Thumbsup

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2016, 06:45 AM
(20-12-2016 01:02 PM)theBorg Wrote:  Look, here is YECreationism peer-reviewed paper in very elite Biology journal:

Stephen C. Meyer, "Intelligent Design: The Origin of Biological Information and the Higher Taxonomic Categories", Proceedings of the Biological Society of Washington (volume 117, no. 2, pp. 213-239).

the abstract and comments in
http://www.discovery.org/a/2177

So, the Science does not forbid you to become the True Christians. However, you will not be paid, if you open your mouth. Laugh out load Laugh out load Laugh out load

See in the film below how hurt the martyrs are, namely the Meyers and his helpers (the editor of the paper).
How no martyrs??? Is it all photoshop??? Let me open your glued together eyes. 1) anybody can read here "Biologists criticized Sternberg, because it supported ID." Biologists are persecutors of ID. Correct? 2) Experts are all Darwinist-s with agenda to kiss the ass of satan(ism), so the editor is hero. 3) He is very sad and hurt to "didn't lose his editorship", just watch his martyr's face again.

Deluded Sinner: "The magazine withdrew it with an apology." So, there is no YEC paper in the "Proceedings ..... of Washington"? The published paper is deleted???? It is surely a crime against all what is holy. Damn anti-theism.

Not sure what you're complaining about. Surely they did theists everywhere a huge favor by suppressing Young Earth Christianity. That position is an insult to intelligent theists everywhere and provides the lowest lying fruit for anti-theists everywhere to debunk. I'd suggest you put more effort into suppressing your own dim lights rather than letting them represent you.

Wait .. you're not a YEC yourself are you?

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
23-12-2016, 06:55 AM
Totally ignored my post.

Confirmation in my book.

Why are you guys continuing a dialogue with this BS artist??

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
23-12-2016, 07:22 AM
(23-12-2016 06:55 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Totally ignored my post.

Confirmation in my book.

Why are you guys continuing a dialogue with this BS artist??

I'm STILL waiting for 5 references for his "time" crap.
He thinks lying for Jebus is a good thing.

He claims to be associated with a university. I think he cleans toilets there, and saves the shit to post online.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
23-12-2016, 08:42 AM
(22-12-2016 12:39 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Friends, the Meyer and his hero-editor have introduced the CORRECT interpretation of the facts into the Current Content level - the only possible public scientific level.

Firstly, please don't include me as a "friend" of yours; I'm not. I prefer to choose my friends from people with an IQ at least in triple digits, and who've reached intellectual pubescence.

Anyway.....

You've obviously missed my earlier #28 posting HERE which unequivocally exposed Stephen Meyer and his editor Richard Sternberg as the fraudsters and liars that they are.

It doesn't matter how many times you ignore globally-accredited, scientifically-established facts, and/or misrepresent them for your own dubious benefit—the facts remain the facts. What next? Gravitational theory is an Illuminati plot?

I'm having difficulty even understanding why you've posted dozens of absurd one-liners on this thread, and which are simply increasing evidence of your total lack of any scientific education—and inability to carry out any sort of due diligence before you post your gibberish.

At the very least, you could investigate the many links other folks have given you here, and have the common courtesy to address them before posting yet another wild pseudo-scientific assertion of your own.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
23-12-2016, 08:52 AM
About the OP (topic not poster). I haven't read beyond the first few posts so my apologies if this has been covered before.

First, Meyer's paper, which BTW is more than a decade old, contained no original scholarship. It was a review of previously written topics on ID. While it isn't unusual to publish a review type paper it certainly didn't contain anything new or Earth shaking.

Second, the publishing editor Richard Sternberg bypassed the usual review process. He didn't submit the paper to anyone else for review before publication. Sternberg was unqualified to review Meyer's paper. It concerned an area outside his area of expertise. If he had followed prescribed publication procedures the paper wouldn't have been published in the first place as it never received a proper peer review prior to publication. It was pulled from the journal after publication because it didn't meet the basic scientific requirement of being testable. Which is why you don't see other ID papers in scientific journals.

Finally, the content of Meyer's paper is crap. Post publication review by Wesley R. Elsberry (a Christian, BTW) and others reveled that:

Quote:it contained poor scholarship, that it failed to cite and specifically rebut the actual data supporting evolution, and "constructed a rhetorical edifice out of omission of relevant facts, selective quoting, bad analogies, knocking down straw men, and tendentious interpretations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sternberg_...ontroversy

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
23-12-2016, 09:56 AM
(22-12-2016 11:50 PM)theBorg Wrote:  So, the satan is murderer and proud of it? Do not follow this stupidity.

I don't follow it. To the best of My knowledge and belief, Satan is a fictional character.

You, however, proudly worship the greater evil - Satan's boss Yahweh, your murderous and jealous "true god."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-12-2016, 10:48 AM
(23-12-2016 09:56 AM)Astreja Wrote:  I don't follow it. To the best of My knowledge and belief, Satan is a fictional character.

Just as Santa Claus is. Some researchers claim that most of the biblical scribes were dyslexic—due to lead toxicity from their earthenware drinking water vessels—and actually meant to write the name "Santa" in their book. Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
23-12-2016, 10:50 AM
(23-12-2016 08:42 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(22-12-2016 12:39 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Friends, the Meyer and his hero-editor have introduced the CORRECT interpretation of the facts into the Current Content level - the only possible public scientific level.

Firstly, please don't include me as a "friend" of yours; I'm not. I prefer to choose my friends from people with an IQ at least in triple digits, and who've reached intellectual pubescence.

I insist on calling the people the friends. Any enemy is my friend. Capisce?

Laugh out load
23-12-2016, 10:59 AM
(23-12-2016 06:45 AM)whateverist Wrote:  ................
Wait .. you're not a YEC yourself are you?

What an atheist would loose to become the YEC? Nothing. But the feeling is great, a YEC feels to be on Jesus Christ side.

There is such hypothesis "Five minutes hypothesis". Need you more information about it?