An equation (of sorts) that proves God cannot exist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2016, 03:22 PM
RE: An equation (of sorts) that proves God cannot exist
(14-01-2016 03:11 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 02:51 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  God is without change.

Also, you act as if God had thoughts like humans, limiting something that is without limit.

Why do you continue to make claims that you can't support?
Why did he. I know my reasons.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2016, 03:52 PM
(14-01-2016 03:22 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 03:11 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Why do you continue to make claims that you can't support?
Why did he. I know my reasons.

[Image: SiZ6sJNl66BKFUm6pxFOeA82R9RIhkUuSNmjtPwf...EkFGg?.gif]

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
14-01-2016, 03:58 PM
The unltimate nature of reality has been proven to be non-intuitive.
All the logic in the world is not going to prove anything about the "non- macro" nature of anything. So far we have a sample size of one universe, most of which we know nothing about It's insufficient to draw any conclusions about anything.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-01-2016, 04:05 PM
(14-01-2016 03:11 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 02:51 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  God is without change.

Also, you act as if God had thoughts like humans, limiting something that is without limit.

Why do you continue to make claims that you can't support?

It's not that he cannot support it. It is a description of the God which he believes in.
It is a base premise to an argument he is yet to put forward.
Logic does not wield the power of truth, it wields the power of assumption and carries a mathematical process.
If he put forth the assumption that his Deity is a limitless Deity then we can now put this statement under the test of logic by questioning other aspects of his world view.

Being an Agnostic I do not rule out the possibility of anything being true unless it does not follow a logical process.
If you tell me red bananas can produce more heat than white bananas and can logically show how this is possible then I will not rule out the possibility that this may be true even though you haven't proven that red bananas even exist.
Truth is irrelevant and unknowable even if I were God.
As far as communication goes only logic matters.
14-01-2016, 04:15 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2016 04:20 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(14-01-2016 04:05 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 03:11 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Why do you continue to make claims that you can't support?

It's not that he cannot support it. It is a description of the God which he believes in.
It is a base premise to an argument he is yet to put forward.
Logic does not wield the power of truth, it wields the power of assumption and carries a mathematical process.
If he put forth the assumption that his Deity is a limitless Deity then we can now put this statement under the test of logic by questioning other aspects of his world view.

Being an Agnostic I do not rule out the possibility of anything being true unless it does not follow a logical process.
If you tell me red bananas can produce more heat than white bananas and can logically show how this is possible then I will not rule out the possibility that this may be true even though you haven't proven that red bananas even exist.
Truth is irrelevant and unknowable even if I were God.

Really. Care to share with, "logically" us how a particle in a quantum super-position can be located in a potentially unlimited number of places at once, and behave in an unlimited number of different ways. Care to explain Heisenberg's Uncertainty with logic, or Relativity with logic ? And care to share with us where and how logic figured these things out before the evidence for them came in ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-01-2016, 04:19 PM
An equation (of sorts) that proves God cannot exist
I just noticed a flaw in the bible. In the first day created evening and morning. Then how come God made the evening and morning the second day? What's going on here!?!?!
14-01-2016, 04:23 PM
(14-01-2016 04:19 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  I just noticed a flaw in the bible. In the first day created evening and morning. Then how come God made the evening and morning the second day? What's going on here!?!?!

Ohh. The gods are insclutabre.

14-01-2016, 04:34 PM
(14-01-2016 04:19 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  I just noticed a flaw in the bible. In the first day created evening and morning. Then how come God made the evening and morning the second day? What's going on here!?!?!
It is a statement of the very nature of all. Divided the light from the dark. And called then day and night. A testament to opposing forces and balance. The days are like eras or eons.

14-01-2016, 05:01 PM
(14-01-2016 04:05 PM)Agnostic Shane Wrote:  It's not that he cannot support it. It is a description of the God which he believes in.

With Pops, it is a claim of truth. He does not say it is his concept or his belief, he states that it is a fact. At least that's been the pattern in his posts.

Quote:It is a base premise to an argument he is yet to put forward.

He's been making the claims and we've been asking for the evidence for months now. He is never going to put forward an actual argument because he has none.

Quote:Logic does not wield the power of truth, it wields the power of assumption and carries a mathematical process.

We've tried that but he is unable to provide any coherent definitions.

Quote:Being an Agnostic I do not rule out the possibility of anything being true unless it does not follow a logical process.

Being an agnostic atheist, I do not accept god claims until there is evidence for them. So far I've found nothing convincing so I do not believe. Being a skeptic I reserve judgement on claims based on the evidence. Logic plays a part in that.

Quote:If you tell me red bananas can produce more heat than white bananas and can logically show how this is possible then I will not rule out the possibility that this may be true even though you haven't proven that red bananas even exist.

But when I ask for evidence and am told that you had a vision that red bananas produce more heat than white bananas but that it can't be tested and that I have to seek that understanding for myself because there is no evidence I'm going to laugh. That's the situation we are in with Pops.

Quote:Truth is irrelevant and unknowable even if I were God.

So you are Vulcan?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
14-01-2016, 05:03 PM
(14-01-2016 09:35 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(13-01-2016 09:19 PM)coyote Wrote:  So..... if God by definition already knows everything that will ever occur, including his own future thoughts, he becomes powerless to change his mind in the future! Hence He, lacking that power, is clearly not omnipotent.

No, he knows he will change his mind.

If He knows He will change His mind and what the change will be, then it cannot be considered a change of mind.