An equation (of sorts) that proves God cannot exist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2016, 05:04 PM
RE: An equation (of sorts) that proves God cannot exist
(14-01-2016 04:19 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  I just noticed a flaw in the bible. In the first day created evening and morning. Then how come God made the evening and morning the second day? What's going on here!?!?!

[/quote]

Musicharmony that's just a tip of the iceburg. Stars weren't made until the fourth day.
They also consider the moon a source of light.

(14-01-2016 04:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is a statement of the very nature of all. Divided the light from the dark. And called then day and night. A testament to opposing forces and balance. The days are like eras or eons.

If it was suppose to be eras or eons. Why didn't they just say so?

Apologetics at its worst.

Here's your change back.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
14-01-2016, 05:05 PM
(14-01-2016 08:41 AM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  I follow what you did but IMO applying logic or mathematical constructs to prove or disprove the existence of a supernatural being is flawed from the beginning. Our knowledge of logic and math is derived from our observations and analysis of the natural world. In order for natural logic/math to be applicable to the supernatural, first the supernatural must be proven to exist, then the laws governing it must be reviewed to see if our natural world logic applies there too.

No, for this reason: we are told by believers that their God is omnipotent. Therefore, we may test the concept of omnipotence as a method of testing the thing they claim to believe in. If it fails, then the God they believe in cannot exist.
14-01-2016, 05:09 PM
(14-01-2016 10:32 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  If god is omniscient, then he doesn't need to change his mind.

That is an evasion. No one ever needs to change their mind.... yet virtually all conscious entities do. I'm watching my cat change his mind right now. In any event, it is a power that an omniscient entity necessarily lacks. And that causes him to fall short of omnipotence.
14-01-2016, 05:09 PM
(14-01-2016 04:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 04:19 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  I just noticed a flaw in the bible. In the first day created evening and morning. Then how come God made the evening and morning the second day? What's going on here!?!?!
It is a statement of the very nature of all. Divided the light from the dark. And called then day and night. A testament to opposing forces and balance. The days are like eras or eons.

Nice try. Nope.
If that's what the editors meant, they could have said that. They didn't.
What you said is meaningless. Nature is nature, whether light or dark. There is no absolute boundary between light and dark. In fact there is no such thing at all. Light may be undetetable, but it may still be there.

It's pre-scientific gibberish.

Not worth 2 cents.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-01-2016, 05:21 PM
(14-01-2016 05:04 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
Do you really think the passage of time now is the same as it was in the beginning or immediately after the theoretical big bang?
(14-01-2016 04:34 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is a statement of the very nature of all. Divided the light from the dark. And called then day and night. A testament to opposing forces and balance. The days are like eras or eons.

Here's your change back.
[/quote]
14-01-2016, 05:42 PM
An equation (of sorts) that proves God cannot exist
(14-01-2016 05:21 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 05:04 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
Do you really think the passage of time now is the same as it was in the beginning or immediately after the theoretical big bang?

Here's your change back.
[/quote]

I'm not sure I understand
14-01-2016, 07:00 PM
(14-01-2016 05:21 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Do you really think the passage of time now is the same as it was in the beginning or immediately after the theoretical big bang?

What possible reason could you have to believe that the rate at which time flows has changed? What would you compare it against? What evidence do you offer that it is even a possibility?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
14-01-2016, 07:20 PM
(14-01-2016 11:12 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 10:53 AM)mgoering Wrote:  But, just read a few pages into the first book of the bible and we see God does change his mind. It is said that Adam and Eve will die if they eat of the forbidden fruit. They don't. I guess that would make God not omniscient???

----------------------------------

Speaking of reading the first few pages of the bible. A passage from a Christian forum:

I just began reading the Bible.

In Genesis 2, it says:

And Jehovah God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Why did they, ultimately, not die? Instead, God punishes them in some other way.

genesis.

And the response:

If you've just started reading the Bible, may I suggest you begin with the New Testament (Matthew)? It contains less long lists / obscure prophecies that are best left until you have a clear understanding of the Gospel message. – Wikis Jan 9 '14 at 9:15 Laugh out load

Yeah, the OT is rife with instances of God asking where Adam is, who told them they were naked, etc.

The poor guy just doesn't know what's going on.

The Tower of Babel myth in Genesis 11 has him going down to investigate what they are building in Babel. Hmm, guess he's not omnipresent or omniscient according to that myth. Laugh out load
And not too much later on He is looking for Moses to kill him, but cannot find Mo because Mo's wife has helped hide him from God, So she makes a deal with God if they mutilate their son's sex organ will God then be appeased and not kill Mo. She wins the bargain and God doesn't kill Moses! Great story to make you realize what a clown this God dude really is.
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
14-01-2016, 07:41 PM
(14-01-2016 05:09 PM)coyote Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 10:32 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  If god is omniscient, then he doesn't need to change his mind.

That is an evasion. No one ever needs to change their mind.... yet virtually all conscious entities do. I'm watching my cat change his mind right now. In any event, it is a power that an omniscient entity necessarily lacks. And that causes him to fall short of omnipotence.

I think discussing what an omni-being might or might not do, can and cannot do is like herding invisble cats. With that being said since an omni-being cannot be temporal the whole argument is flawed and non-sensical.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-01-2016, 07:43 PM
(14-01-2016 07:00 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 05:21 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Do you really think the passage of time now is the same as it was in the beginning or immediately after the theoretical big bang?

What possible reason could you have to believe that the rate at which time flows has changed? What would you compare it against? What evidence do you offer that it is even a possibility?

poethebullshitter knows all including what gods think and how they live. Rolleyes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post