An equation (of sorts) that proves God cannot exist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2016, 11:53 PM
RE: An equation (of sorts) that proves God cannot exist
(14-01-2016 10:30 PM)coyote Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 10:20 PM)xieulong Wrote:  Hmm... I subscribe to a much simpler school of thought. Until evidence is presented for the existence of an "omni"-entity, discussion about the nature of such entity is kinda a useless waste of time.
If evidence is presented, then it would be good use of time to discuss the evidence and its rigour.

My opinion anyway.

Ummm... what exactly are you doing hanging around a forum dedicated to discussing the concepts of theism and atheism, if you think discussing these things is a waste of time? Huh

That is not, in fact, the sole purpose of the forum.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
15-01-2016, 05:55 AM
(14-01-2016 05:09 PM)coyote Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 10:32 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  If god is omniscient, then he doesn't need to change his mind.

That is an evasion. No one ever needs to change their mind.... yet virtually all conscious entities do. I'm watching my cat change his mind right now. In any event, it is a power that an omniscient entity necessarily lacks. And that causes him to fall short of omnipotence.

Yes, things that exist with minds can change their mind. Things that don't exist with imaginary powers such as omniscience can't.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
15-01-2016, 09:53 AM
(14-01-2016 05:21 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Do you really think the passage of time now is the same as it was in the beginning or immediately after the theoretical big bang?

Well pops as expected, like a ballerina with Down Syndrome you attempt to dance around.

Us as humans judge the passage of time as threw days, months, years. So a day to us is 24 hours. The time it takes for the earth to make a full rotation. Even with out modern time keeping the concept of a time is not out of grasp. How many moons pass, seasons.

Had the story been true. The only way that this could play out is if God told someone this was happened. No one was around when he was doing all this. And Adam wasn't made until day six. God would have sat someone down and told someone.

So here is what happens when YOU change the description of the story.

1. You make your God sound like a moron. Incapable of describing even in simplest terms to his creation. In a manor that can not be miss interpreted.

2. You show just what has happen threw out the years with this tale. Miner changes to attempt to fit a square peg into a round hole. "Oh did we say day we meant year." "Oh no not year Eons." It religion trying to stay relievent. Changing the evidence so that the result matches to assertion.

3. The original tale was meant to demonstrate god great ability. He can make universes and planets with eas. Now your saying it took billions of years? Give me a 100 billion years I think I could pull off the same shit.

Now to answer your question. Since I'm not a dick that avoids those.

Time is bendy wobble stuff. Able to be adjusted by gravity, and speed. Time as we know it, is compared to our earths rotation. I don't know the conditions that would have been, after the earliest expansion. Even if I did. It would be illrelavent to the topic at hand.

The topic is why a book that is held as devinly inspired. is incapable to explain in a clear and coherent manner. One that doesn't have to be altered to fit modern discovery's.

If this is what you have to do to keep this bullshit story alive then fuck why stop there.

And so God told Noah, I'm going to flood the earth with Kool-aid.

And Jesus said "Blessed are the Cheese Makers."

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
15-01-2016, 10:28 AM
(14-01-2016 11:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 10:30 PM)coyote Wrote:  Ummm... what exactly are you doing hanging around a forum dedicated to discussing the concepts of theism and atheism, if you think discussing these things is a waste of time? Huh

That is not, in fact, the sole purpose of the forum.

That might be true.... But ya gotta admit that coming into a thread that discusses the professed aspects of deities, and proclaiming that such discussion is a waste of time, is at least ironic if not rude.
15-01-2016, 11:07 AM
(15-01-2016 10:28 AM)coyote Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 11:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  That is not, in fact, the sole purpose of the forum.

That might be true.... But ya gotta admit that coming into a thread that discusses the professed aspects of deities, and proclaiming that such discussion is a waste of time, is at least ironic if not rude.

I admit no such thing. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-01-2016, 11:14 AM
(15-01-2016 11:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-01-2016 10:28 AM)coyote Wrote:  That might be true.... But ya gotta admit that coming into a thread that discusses the professed aspects of deities, and proclaiming that such discussion is a waste of time, is at least ironic if not rude.

I admit no such thing. Drinking Beverage

Was it deltabravo or someone else that was just some offended troll that was going back into old threads with some agenda to prove you or others were rude? I don't want to see that waste of folks time roll out again Facepalm

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-01-2016, 03:12 PM
(15-01-2016 09:53 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Time is bendy wobble stuff. Able to be adjusted by gravity, and speed. Time as we know it, is compared to our earths rotation. I don't know the conditions that would have been, after the earliest expansion. Even if I did. It would be illrelavent to the topic at hand.

Blessed are the Cheese Makers."

Time is an illusion. Yes we can measure its passage, by whatever criteria we wish. Yes we can remember the past, and consider the future. Yes we know (yes we do) that absent some unforeseen solar-system wide catastrophe, the sun will "come up" tomorrow, whether we ourselves are alive to witness it or not.

Yes, it might be perceived and experienced differently depending on a variety of factors.

Nonetheless, time is an illusion. The past no longer exists, and the future does not yet exist. There is only the ever-present NOW that you are experiencing. Right now. And now. And now....

An image of the past exists. If you were on a planet at Alpha Centauri right now, if you could see detail enough through your telescope you might see Samantha Stosur beating Serena Williams for the U.S. Open title. And if you could detect the TV signal, you might watch it on your own Centaurian flat screen.

But that is not the event. That is a long-ago image, and energy-wave transmission of the image, of the event. The image is no more the event than a map of Florida is actually Florida. The image captured just recently of the brightest supernova we've ever seen? That image comes from a faraway Galaxy, and none can ever hope to travel there-then to experience it.

Imaginations of possible futures exist, likely as many different futures as there have been conscious life forms capable of imagining them.

But those are not the future.

I know I differ from some very smart people on this. Please, if you respond do not do so with mere recourse to authority; "Einstein said so, so there" is not valid discourse.
15-01-2016, 04:32 PM
(14-01-2016 10:43 PM)coyote Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 10:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wrong. If it's impossible to obtain an adequate sample size, you refrain from making idiotic generalizations until you have a statistically valid sample. It's that's not "psychologically" satisfactory, that's you're problem.
94 % + of the forces acting on this universe are unknown, (Dark Energy and Dark Matter), so at this point even making generalizations about THIS universe is invalid.

Bucky Ball Wrote:The ultimate nature of the universe has proven to be non-intuitive.

This is awesome! Tell me more about the ultimate nature of the universe, which you and you alone seem to have unlocked from a sample size of one universe while anyone else who dares discuss a mere definition of a word is, in your view, making idiotic invalid generalizations about THIS universe.

Please, by all means continue.

Oh.... and how many universes do we need to have an officially adequate sample size? Where do you plan on getting those universes?

I don't know, but it sure as hell is more than one, about which at least 94 % is unknown, dumbass.

I have NOT (alone) unlocked anything. Idiot. But thanks for demonstrating (with your non-answer to my question about QM, Relativity and Uncertainty being "logical" that you really have no grasp of the current state of science.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-01-2016, 05:12 PM
(15-01-2016 04:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(14-01-2016 10:43 PM)coyote Wrote:  This is awesome! Tell me more about the ultimate nature of the universe, which you and you alone seem to have unlocked from a sample size of one universe while anyone else who dares discuss a mere definition of a word is, in your view, making idiotic invalid generalizations about THIS universe.

Please, by all means continue.

Oh.... and how many universes do we need to have an officially adequate sample size? Where do you plan on getting those universes?

I don't know, but it sure as hell is more than one, about which at least 94 % is unknown, dumbass.

I have NOT (alone) unlocked anything. Idiot. But thanks for demonstrating (with your non-answer to my question about QM, Relativity and Uncertainty being "logical" that you really have no grasp of the current state of science.

There is only one known universe. Yet you insist that a sample size for characteristics of a universe must be more than one.

And you certainly do leap to adhoms on almost no basis! Indeed, I can see where logic and you would be approximately 94% incompatible Smile
15-01-2016, 05:30 PM
(15-01-2016 05:12 PM)coyote Wrote:  
(15-01-2016 04:32 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I don't know, but it sure as hell is more than one, about which at least 94 % is unknown, dumbass.

There is only one known universe. Yet you insist that a sample size for characteristics of a universe must be more than one.

And you certainly do leap to adhoms on almost no basis! Indeed, I can see where logic and you would be approximately 94% incompatible Smile

These is only one known universe, 94 % of which is at this point unknown. That is hardly sufficient to draw any conclusions from. I insist that at least 50 % of this universe is known, and at that point it may not even be good enough. I happened to notice you STILL have not addressed my question above. I "leapt" to ad homs, not from this, but from your woo crap about energy conversion and whatever else that woo BS was in the other thread. But that's ok. I get that more than real answers, you need cognitive closure, and have a very low ambiguity tolerance. Your "logic" blankey will keep you warm.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.