An ethical dilemma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2013, 03:57 PM
RE: An ethical dilemma
(12-04-2013 12:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I am surprised that no one has asked the obvious qualifying question ...

Are there 10 christians on board?

If so, the solution is obvious and also beneficial to mankind.

Smile

Unless the sharks hate Christians as much as we do.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2013, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 04:48 PM by Free Thought.)
(12-04-2013 03:57 PM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 12:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I am surprised that no one has asked the obvious qualifying question ...

Smile

Unless the sharks hate Christians as much as we do.

I doubt sharks would forgo the free meal.

Besides, if the sharks are something like Tiger Sharks, they can just vomit out the bad-tasting Christians.

(they do it by ejecting their stomach from their mouth and then pulling it back in once everything is out. I can't be the only one who thinks that is a fucking awesome vomiting mechanism. ...am I?)
[Edit: Spelling]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-04-2013, 04:37 PM

Or 10 DLJ's ex-wives Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
12-04-2013, 04:48 PM
(12-04-2013 04:37 PM)Vera Wrote:  

Or 10 DLJ's ex-wives Drinking Beverage

Nah!

That wouldn't solve the problem.

Just one ex-wife.

But with multiple personalities.

Drinking Beverage

12-04-2013, 08:22 PM
(12-04-2013 11:36 AM)MuffinPuffin Wrote:  Next thing, again again, where's the captain? the crew? the one's who jobs is to be responsible for that kid of shit?

I have a recent name for you...Costa Concordia.

Evacuation

Wrecked, aground and listing at about 70 degrees, with used lifeboats in foreground
In the first contact, made at 22:12, between Italian port officials and the Costa Concordia after its impact on the reef, an unidentified officer on board the cruise ship insisted that it was suffering only from an electrical "black-out".[11] A passenger's video recorded at 22:20 showed panicked passengers in life jackets being told by a crew member that "everything is under control" and that they should return to their cabins.[48][49][Already mentioned] No lifeboat passenger evacuation drill had taken place for the approximately 600 passengers who had just embarked.[50] A ship's cook said that Captain Schettino ordered dinner around 22:30.[51] Around the same time, a patrol boat of the Guardia di Finanza made a call to the Costa Concordia, but no answer came.[52]

Captain Schettino participated in three telephone calls with the cruise line's crisis management officer.[23] At 22:26, Schettino told Port of Livorno's harbour master that the ship had taken water through an opening in the port side and requested a tug boat.[53] Port authorities were not alerted to the collision until 22:42, about an hour after the impact, and the order to evacuate the ship was not given until 22:50.[54] Some passengers jumped into the water to swim to shore,[55] while others, ready to evacuate the vessel, were delayed by crew members up to 45 minutes, as they resisted immediately lowering the lifeboats.[56] Some sources report that the ship did not list for almost an hour and therefore lifeboats could have been launched, allowing the passengers to reach safety.[9][23] In contrast, one expert stated that a delay might be justified considering the hazards in launching lifeboats while a ship is still moving.[57]

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-04-2013, 09:30 PM
(11-04-2013 07:35 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I would put a saddle on one of the sharks and ride it to the shore. Fuck the others in their lifeboat.

LOL Big Grin
With fricken lazers!! Thumbsup

Seeing as though I'll probably never go on another cruise ship again, I don't think I'll ever have this problem. KC, MO is a goodly distance (in all directions) from any free roaming sharks!