An ex-muslim fasting ramadan.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2017, 04:10 PM
RE: An ex-muslim fasting ramadan.
(01-06-2017 02:34 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  I don't know much about regulations during ramadan but don't you get some relaxation for medical issues?
If you have a legitimate medical condition that requires food and hydration.
You don't get to fast.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ibrahim95128's post
01-06-2017, 05:02 PM
An ex-muslim fasting ramadan.
I would go around with one of these stuck in my arm to stay hydrated.
[Image: 9af445d9b9c453ab675f4587b3c61876.jpg]
04-06-2017, 10:05 AM
(01-06-2017 04:28 AM)Ibrahim95128 Wrote:  I still sneak in some water and food. And I live in Lebanon, so it is now hot.
Ramadan is the 9th month and considered special, where Muslims have to fast from dusk till sunset, they abstain from food, water, tobacco, and sex. And muslims get closer to Allah, by praying and reading more and doing charity.
And right now in Lebanon the weather is becoming hotter, and without water people get dehydrated especially during hot weather, I had a few friends and acquaintances who had been hospitalized during ramadan.
At work, my boss and coworkers are islamists, so I have to fake fast or else it will cost me my job, and I can't sneak in water or food, I try to go out during my break and go to a non-muslim mini mart to buy bottled water and some snacks to help me be more productive at work.
Productivity decreases in ramadan, time becomes significantly slower and the fastest thing I see is reckless drivers heading for iftar.
At home, my mom is less religious than my dad, and if I break my fast she is usually okay with it and sometimes she breaks her fast, but my dad nags a lot.
Thankfully Lebanon has a 35% Christian population 55% Muslim 5% druze, atheism and agnosticism are on the rise in Lebanon so we have no islamic laws enforced during ramadan, most restaurants are open throughout the day, unlike other Islamic countries where people who don't fast openly are jailed and can sometimes be deadly.
In Lebanon, the likelihood of terrorist attacks by Daesh or Al Qaeda increases.
In 2014 or 2012 Northen Lebanon, islamists threw a grenade at a restaurant or cafe during ramadan.
At iftar (when Muslims break their fast) they gorge on multiple platters in starvation quickly, which is harmful to the digestive system, and they wake up in the dusk to eat before engaging their fast, causing morning heartburn and weight gain.
Because of fasting I am having slight headaches, but I always try to stay hydrated and have a small snack to alleviate it.
This is what it's like to be an ex-muslim atheist during ramadan.

I fest, simply because I like to. Its fun for me, the neighborhood iftar dinners and the atmosphere of people getting together. I’ve been fasting every year since I was 8. It’s not easy. But there are ways to make it more manageable.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-06-2017, 10:10 AM
(04-06-2017 10:05 AM)izel Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 04:28 AM)Ibrahim95128 Wrote:  I still sneak in some water and food. And I live in Lebanon, so it is now hot.
Ramadan is the 9th month and considered special, where Muslims have to fast from dusk till sunset, they abstain from food, water, tobacco, and sex. And muslims get closer to Allah, by praying and reading more and doing charity.
And right now in Lebanon the weather is becoming hotter, and without water people get dehydrated especially during hot weather, I had a few friends and acquaintances who had been hospitalized during ramadan.
At work, my boss and coworkers are islamists, so I have to fake fast or else it will cost me my job, and I can't sneak in water or food, I try to go out during my break and go to a non-muslim mini mart to buy bottled water and some snacks to help me be more productive at work.
Productivity decreases in ramadan, time becomes significantly slower and the fastest thing I see is reckless drivers heading for iftar.
At home, my mom is less religious than my dad, and if I break my fast she is usually okay with it and sometimes she breaks her fast, but my dad nags a lot.
Thankfully Lebanon has a 35% Christian population 55% Muslim 5% druze, atheism and agnosticism are on the rise in Lebanon so we have no islamic laws enforced during ramadan, most restaurants are open throughout the day, unlike other Islamic countries where people who don't fast openly are jailed and can sometimes be deadly.
In 2014 or 2012 Northen Lebanon, islamists threw a grenade at a restaurant or cafe during ramadan.
At iftar (when Muslims break their fast) they gorge on multiple platters in starvation quickly, which is harmful to the digestive system, and they wake up in the dusk to eat before engaging their fast, causing morning heartburn and weight gain.
Because of fasting I am having slight headaches, but I always try to stay hydrated and have a small snack to alleviate it.

I fest, simply because I like to. Its fun for me, the neighborhood iftar dinners and the atmosphere of people getting together. I’ve been fasting every year since I was 8. It’s not easy. But there are ways to make it more manageable.

Off topic...I am glad to see you izel but please stay safe.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-06-2017, 10:24 AM
(01-06-2017 09:30 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 09:23 AM)sea_tiger Wrote:  That's interesting. I think rituals have some sort of psychological effect on us.There are rituals for birth , special events, marriage, death etc. Why do we perform rituals ?[both religious and non-religious]

Biology. Loads of animals have rituals, including death rituals.

Nothing magical, sacred or untouchable about them. A whole lot of crap in a lot of them, though. But hey, that's how my (animal) ancestors used to do things, so let's stick to it, even if it makes no sense or is even harmful in modern-day society Drinking Beverage

Three letters ... OCD.

It's our evolutionary glitch ... whales have legbones, humans have repeating patterned behaviors that drive everyone fucking nuts. Dodgy

I'd rather have useless, ingrown legbones or wingbones ... that's got to be a much better conversational topic than, which are my favorite poems that tell me to hate the guy next to me? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
04-06-2017, 10:32 AM
(04-06-2017 10:05 AM)izel Wrote:  I fest, simply because I like to. Its fun for me, the neighborhood iftar dinners and the atmosphere of people getting together. I’ve been fasting every year since I was 8. It’s not easy. But there are ways to make it more manageable.

Stay safe Izel!
Try to conserve your energy & hydration as much as possible. And avoid cranky, hungry, religious zealots - they might try to eat you! Big Grin

Be safe, friend. Heart

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
04-06-2017, 10:33 AM

Brother. I'm an ex-muslim and I still in live an islamic country. I can totally relate to your situation. Hug ... the situation is exactly similar to mine. I have to fake it as well since it will cost me my job and I can even get persecuted for not being a muslim. I'm totally sympathetic to your situation and I'm a victim as well. you're not alone Hug
[+] 3 users Like TheUnholy's post
04-06-2017, 10:39 AM
(04-06-2017 10:24 AM)kim Wrote:  It's our evolutionary glitch

Or an emotional compulsion/necessity felt by some intelligent conscious beings.
04-06-2017, 10:50 AM
I used to work with a Muslim man who has a sweet tooth as bad as mine. We each kept stashes of candy in our desks...different kinds...and we would swap candy through the day. During Ramadan, if he heard me unwrapping a piece of candy he would look at me and pretend to cry. He had a sense of humor about the whole thing though it was hard for him on our monthly meeting day when an entire meal was catered in and he had to see and smell all that food all day but couldn't have any of it.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-06-2017, 10:51 AM
It's going to be a long month, TheUnholy - maybe you could try to avoid too much contact with anyone you are unsure of. Hug

Water is most important - more so than food intake. Also, if you have access to vitamin supplements, B-12 & B-6 are vital for proper brain function. Conserve energy and when finally able, don't eat too quickly. Thumbsup

Take things slowly and cautiously in the next few weeks and hang out here with us if you need support. Shy

Be safe, good friend. Heart