An exchanging of thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-04-2010, 10:56 PM

An exchanging of thoughts
Hey Ashley, let's start a thread here, outlining things that we agree upon, or disagree upon, and why that is. Interested?
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2010, 03:21 PM
RE: An exchanging of thoughts
(25-04-2010 10:56 PM)Ceryle Wrote:  Hey Ashley, let's start a thread here, outlining things that we agree upon, or disagree upon, and why that is. Interested?

Yeah, sure. About any field in particular, or just anything?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2010, 05:04 PM

Anything you'd like. Would you care to post a question first or should I?
26-04-2010, 05:11 PM
You go first, give me the idea.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
26-04-2010, 05:14 PM

What do you think of religious schools?
26-04-2010, 05:22 PM
I'm rather uncaring, so long as they really teach what needs to be taught. Jesus Camp is a bit extreme, and the idea as a whole seems some-what sheltering, and shielding off your child from the outside world. As long as they really do teach, and aren't over the top, I see no reason to pose and legal objections. Personally, I think it does more harm than good for the kid. Our world is filled with all sorts of religions, and showing your child only one of them doesn't help in giving them religious tolerance. So, although I don't think they should be illegal, I wouldn't recommend anyone take their child to a religious school, even if I was religious.

Since it's all over my local news, what do you think of Arizona's new immigration bill?

26-04-2010, 05:29 PM

That law is quite strict...and although I do not agree with its dictation, I do agree that something drastic does need to be done, whether or not this is it, I am unable to determine. The trouble of illegal immigrants has long been difficult; more so recently it seems.

What's your take on stem cell research?
26-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Very Important. Curing the blind, and the crippled walk, all that good stuff. I think it's really critical to invest more money in it. I think the only objection to stem cell research is when the stem cells come from embryos, which just gets back to abortion.

Spanking your child?

26-04-2010, 05:46 PM

I object to spanking children in general, the threat of physical violence is never an acceptable solution.

Stem cell research is something that I wholeheartedly agree with.

What do you think of the death of the universe? What kind of outcome do you support?
26-04-2010, 05:59 PM
The death of the universe. An interesting thought. I haven't done too much investigation about it, so I don't know what is the most likely, but I find the idea of a Big Crunch interesting.

How do you feel about the ever-growing influence of Google?