An exchanging of thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
26-04-2010, 06:02 PM
RE: An exchanging of thoughts
It's actually been proven that our universe will end in heat death; conditions aren't right for a big crunch.

[/pedant]

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2010, 06:23 PM

I don't mind Googles growing sphere of influence.

Yes, I too am in favor of the heat death scenario. Only, I carry it one step further, and postulate that upon the advent of the heat death, quantum fluctuations will in turn initiate a chain reaction culminating in another big bang. I am also in favor of the multiverse theory.

What do you think of the singularity?
Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2010, 07:09 PM
Exciting, and of course nerve racking. It might not turn out too well. We are gaining new technological advancements, and we can't stop that. I'm excited to see how it plays out.

What is your opinion on those opposed to vaccines(that they are harmful)?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
26-04-2010, 07:48 PM

Stupid, uneducated, paranoid, delusional individuals; is what I see. It's akin to homeopathy.

Speaking of which, what's your take on homeopathy?
26-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Natural selection at work. It's sounds fancy(Like cures like), so it must be correct. A classic case of gut-checking. It's frustrating how people like to say, "It's my way of medicine, can't we all just follow whatever we want?" that sense that their "medicine" is just as effective as real medicine. What it makes it so much worse is when they bring their children into it. But I could rant forever.

Following the same trial of thought, faith healing?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
26-04-2010, 08:29 PM

Faith healing is a wonderful concept; if such a thing as a cooperating god existed. After all, it'd instantaneously heal the afflicted, can't argue with those results...of course a god could just have it set up so that bodily troubles never occurred, but whatever.

The soul?
26-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I see no reason to suspect anything of the sort exists. Rather cut and dry in my opinion.

Psychics and mediums?

26-04-2010, 08:46 PM

(Giggle)

I'm blood type O-, what's your take on blood type and personality traits?
26-04-2010, 09:59 PM
I don't think there is very much merit there, although I never did too much research.

What do you think about off-shore drilling?

26-04-2010, 10:02 PM

Although I think humanity as a whole should be investing and advancing in more intelligent energy sources, I am not opposed to off-shore drilling, for oil I assume; so long as it is done in a responsible manner.

Incidentally, in my eyes, blood typing your personality is a laughable idea.

What's your take on 2012?