An exchanging of thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-04-2010, 05:20 PM

RE: An exchanging of thoughts
I am aware of the supposed medical benefits. uncircumcised men are more prone to infection? From what basis? An infection around the head of the penis is incredibly rare. Sex feels better? How on earth could they possibly be classing these differences? The head of the penis is more sensitive after having its protective covering stripped away, and being continuously exposed; for the short period of time until the adjustment takes place?

While we're at it, I hear that people who have their testicles or ovaries removed, are less prone to testicular or ovarian cancer.
Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2010, 05:41 PM
(28-04-2010 05:20 PM)Ceryle Wrote:  I am aware of the supposed medical benefits. uncircumcised men are more prone to infection? From what basis?

From the basis that the foreskin provides an incubator.

Quote:Sex feels better? How on earth could they possibly be classing these differences?

Dunno. I'm just reporting.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2010, 05:48 PM

Upon reading my post it appears as though I might be taken as attacking you, If it came off that way, then I apologize; however, I am attacking the idea.
28-04-2010, 05:53 PM
Not that this debate about the importance for foreskins isn't fascinating, but vegetarianism. If a person wants to stop eating meat, it's their choice. I will even congratulate them, a lot of the processes of getting meat isn't man-kinds proudest ways. However, I don't think that it the rest of us should be pressured into going meatless as well. An interesting idea that allows us to eat meat while skipping a lot of the negative side effects; growing just animals muscles. Linky

Since we are already here, what do you think about growing meat like we do plants?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
28-04-2010, 05:59 PM

Ironically, that is exactly the same thing that I was leaning into by presenting that question Ashley. ^_^

To be blunt, I advocate for the advancement of that form of technology.
Forgot to present another question.

World government?
28-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Funny, I guess that is just how much we think alike. And yes, I'm all for the idea as well, if you haven't been able to guess. As far as a world government goes, I think we are drifting towards it. As cars, plans, phones, and the internet tie the world more and more closely together, I think we will see a more clearly defined world government. We already have the U.N., and most industrialized countries have reached a common ground and began to work together. We can't have a world government immediately, but it's getting there. We will most likely retain countries, but they will be ruled over by a higher level of government, like the US on a larger scale. So long as the government is fair, and no single man has all, or even most, control, I'm for it. It would work to make international efforts easier to do, and bring a sense of civility that our world seems to lack between some countries. Like the US, hopefully individual countries will retain some legislative abilities, but the higher government level will have final say.

Well, that is enough for that topic. What do you think we should about the dubbed "Axis of Evil", and other such countries? Should the US have more or less involvement in the global scene?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
28-04-2010, 07:00 PM

I thought we already had a world government. Isn't it a corporatocracy?

And yes, grow meat like plants. I would grow some right here at home if I could.
28-04-2010, 07:10 PM

I don't necessarily think that the US should involve itself more, per se; so much as pressure other countries in place of its current...forcefulness. Bluntly put it tends to be viewed often as a schoolyard bully, even if it is generally well meaning in its actions. Honestly, I think it is too much for a single other country to handle, as such, a union of sorts between most of the major powers should be formed in order to jointly tackle the problem. Again, that would be leaning towards the theoretical world government; if only a very light step in that direction.

What do you foresee the future of religion as?
28-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Well, I think that Christianity(and many other religions) is doing two things, evolving and dieing. The general Christian principles are very different today than 100 years ago. But it is also losing ground, as many religions are doing in first world countries. I think that current religions will have to change radically to keep members, but I also think that religions will form. I sense this aura a lot, particularly around the youth, that they are spiritual, but reject most religions. They they seem wanting to organize, and I'm sure they will. I also think that although the religion will be very different a long ways down the road, I also think that it will be in decline. But this is all hard to predict.

What do you think will happen to the Catholic church in regards to all the pedophiles?

28-04-2010, 08:04 PM

Not much I suspect. I imagine that it will continue to be covered up, and I use that phrase loosely, and all around avoided. It is a religion after all, and therefore above the law. That is of course, assuming that something drastic does not occur. Also keep in mind that I am posting in regards to the short term events to follow. Long term repercussions, I am not accounting for.

My personal outlook on this subject shouldn't be too hard to fathom.

The death penalty?