An exchanging of thoughts

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-04-2010, 03:43 PM

RE: An exchanging of thoughts
Yes, the orange and red ones are the only way to go. ^_^

I don't understand what you're asking about this proposition.
Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2010, 03:54 PM
(30-04-2010 03:43 PM)Ceryle Wrote:  I don't understand what you're asking about this proposition.

Should we remove party-based primaries, and just allow the two most popular people, regardless of party, run against each other?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-04-2010, 04:12 PM

I suppose so; I don't really see the problem either way.

{Can't think of a good question right now. >_<}
30-04-2010, 07:06 PM

I hope you two don't mind me throwing my two cents in...

I follow U.S. politics from time to time (you really can't help but know some of the on-goings when you watch Real Time with Bill Maher). The way I understand it is structured, it is a two-party system.

In Canada, we have more than two parties (even though it seems to be the same two at the top of the heap)...

We have the Conservatives, the Liberals, the NDP (New Democratic Party), the Bloc Quebecois, the Green Party (the environmentalists), and Independents.

What are your opinions/views on U.S. politics if a third-party were to be thrown into the mix? Do you think things would be more balanced, like a middle child coming between his older and younger siblings?
30-04-2010, 07:16 PM

There is a third party, technically more, they're just registered as 'independent'. The reason why you almost never hear about them though, is due to the massive economic backing the two lead parties hold over the rest. Note that this has started to change some given the influence of the internet.

If there were a designated third party wish as much economic backing as the other two thrown in the mix? Yes, I certainly think that it would be highly beneficial; so long as each party retained their individual status in contrast to one another.
30-04-2010, 07:32 PM
As Ceryle explained, we do have more than two parties, though they never have once elected someone into the presidential office. They don't have any money, compared to the other two parties. Most people view a vote for an independent as a vote thrown away. Another mess comes from when a third party candidate has similar views as one of the mainstream parties candidate, and then they split the vote. This is what would most concern me about a third party; if two are too similar they will just throw the election to the opposition. So, only if this new party is distinctly different from the other two, then I think it would be helpful. As it is today, often politicians have to appeal to the extremes of their party. My senator, McCain, is doing this now. While running for president, where he is hunting for undecided, moderate, and independent votes, he claimed to be a maverick. Now, he is running for the primary reelection, and he is a very loyal and partisan republican.

What do you think we should be doing about that oil slick?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
30-04-2010, 07:33 PM

Um...cleaning it up?
30-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Nice choice of words there.

30-04-2010, 07:48 PM

(Laughter) ^_^ No worries.

I am so tired right now; I really can't think of any questions. >_<
02-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Let us keep this going. What do you think about the war against terrorism?