An homage to QualiaSoup

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2012, 12:26 AM
An homage to QualiaSoup
So out of all the atheist youtube commenters, I've always found QualiaSoup's videos to be the best. I know this is strange to say on TTA's forum, but I'm just being honest. TheAmazingAtheist takes forever to get to his points and tries to put too much theatrics /production into his videos. Thunderf00t is hard to understand and looks like a child molester. And NonStampCollector, ebolaworld, and DarkMatter are all good, but they seem to base entire videos around one point. Qualia hits you with about 1 point every 5 seconds, where you have to pause the video to think it all through.

Also his voice is easy to follow, enunciated, and slightly British. So I just wanted to make a tribute post with some of his best videos. Kind of like a starter kit for new atheists.

I'll start with what I think is his best video. If you only watch one of his videos, watch this one.

Boom. In the span of 40 minutes, you've just been given a crash course on some of the most common misconceptions that theists insist on putting forth.

Now here's a 3 parter on the constantly discussed "Morality Without God" topic.

(Click the other 2 links at the end of the video if you want to see the rest)

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Buddy Christ's post
21-01-2012, 03:27 AM
RE: An homage to QualiaSoup
I like, I think every youtube atheist has his thing going and some of them are really owning it,
you got seth with the Infomercial style thing, TAA with his anger management,
Tf00t with his documentary style, darkmatter with the cartoons.
Different styles reach different people, and i think the diversity of style is a very good thing we have on our side.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
21-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Thanks for sharing these. I wasn't aware of QS until now. Good stuff.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
21-01-2012, 11:36 AM
(21-01-2012 12:26 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  So out of all the atheist youtube commenters, I've always found QualiaSoup's videos to be the best.

Woo hoo, Girly didn't even know about these YouTube channels. Guess I was just never curious enough to go looking. But I've always preferred to have my instruction spoon fed to my lazy ass (after all isn't that basically all University is). So thanks for contributing to my sloth. Wink

(21-01-2012 12:26 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Thunderf00t is hard to understand and looks like a child molester.

Nah, just your typical Geneticist.

(21-01-2012 12:26 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  And NonStampCollector, ebolaworld, and DarkMatter are all good,

Me likey cartoons. Especially on Saturday morning.

(21-01-2012 12:26 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I'll start with what I think is his best video. If you only watch one of his videos, watch this one.

That's pretty much the only instructional video anyone needs to watch. Now back to the cartoons.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Yes, QualiaSoup is awesome. He has a brother (I forget his YouTube handle) who also makes great videos.
21-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Wow. I feel like my logic and thinking skills have increased by watching those. Great post.
Also, I approve 200% because he mentioned bombardier beetles. They're one of my favorite insects Big Grin
Thanks again.
[+] 1 user Likes Dynastes's post