An intellectual discussion on the RCC or Ripping Catholic dogmas a new one

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2014, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2014 06:51 AM by Full Circle.)
An intellectual discussion on the RCC or Ripping Catholic dogmas a new one
Our newest member is of the Roman Catholic persuasion as I was. Because of this I revisited the dogmas of the RCC and I was appalled that at one time I belonged to this cult. (Remember these are all held to be sacred by the RCC).
See here:http://jloughnan.tripod.com/dogma.htm

I thought it might be fun to have each one of us pick out a favorite or two and reword it or explain it in our own, unique TTA way like this:

413. All the dead will rise again on the last day with their bodies.
413. On the last day Zombieland & World War Z become real!

255. It is permissible and profitable to venerate the relics of the Saints.
255. Cleromancy is perfectly logical and encouraged because nothing makes more sense than praying to bones. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleromancy

100. The evil spirits (demons) were created good by God; they became evil through their own fault.
100. God has problems with Quality Control.

I'm grinning Big Grin and shaking my head Facepalm at the same time.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
21-04-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: An intellectual discussion on the RCC or Ripping Catholic dogmas a new one
Let's keep going.

54. The Three Divine Persons are in One Another.
54. Either God is schizophrenic or into orgies.

67. God alone created the World. (De fide.)
68. No Creature can, as Principal Cause (causa principalis) that is, from its own power, create something out of nothing. (Sent. communis.)
67 & 68. Cancel each other out since both cannot be true. If 68 is true then, by definition, 67 is false.

130. By reason of His endowment with the fullness of created habitual grace, Christ's soul is also accidentally holy. (Sent. certa.)
130. Because Christ has a big dick and makes it a habit of stroking himself this made His soul accidentally holy; ergo masturbation is Holy.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
21-04-2014, 09:55 PM
I read the list you posted FC and am now totally convinced that I was raised in Catholic Lite. Years of Catholic school and I haven't heard of most of what's on that list.

Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
21-04-2014, 09:59 PM
(21-04-2014 09:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I read the list you posted FC and am now totally convinced that I was raised in Catholic Lite. Years of Catholic school and I haven't heard of most of what's on that list.

Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

Nah, what happens is they don't tell you this stuff because if they did there wouldn't be anyone left in the church but for the priests and nuns. They just tell you to love baby jeebus, not to touch yourself, say lots of hail Marys and sit/stand/kneel/sit/stand/kneel/sit and give them money.

21-04-2014, 10:06 PM
That list is pretty extensive. I went to Catholic school from K thru 6 and then 2 years of CCD. I know most of them, but not from school. A lot I learned as an adult, and I think much of it is in the old Baltimore Catechisms.

To be honest, I'm still on the fence so much of that stuff I could still take on faith if I find myself with renewed faith. But it is true that a bunch of the stuff in there is not clearly defined in the bible - like the utility of venerating relics from the saints as one example. If you take a step back and look at them, some of it is unique. A number of them were built up over time and it's based on the bible passages in Mattew 16:18 onward. It's where Jesus gave the apostles the authority to run His Church on earth - or how the RCC interprets it. This is where people say that confession is biblical, where the apostles were given the authority to forgive or retain people's sins.

Just explaining it how I understand it. Not sure if I believe it all anymore. Just want to give my disclosure up front.
21-04-2014, 10:25 PM
(21-04-2014 10:06 PM)Plan 9 from OS Wrote:  That list is pretty extensive. I went to Catholic school from K thru 6 and then 2 years of CCD. I know most of them, but not from school. A lot I learned as an adult, and I think much of it is in the old Baltimore Catechisms.

To be honest, I'm still on the fence so much of that stuff I could still take on faith if I find myself with renewed faith. But it is true that a bunch of the stuff in there is not clearly defined in the bible - like the utility of venerating relics from the saints as one example. If you take a step back and look at them, some of it is unique. A number of them were built up over time and it's based on the bible passages in Mattew 16:18 onward. It's where Jesus gave the apostles the authority to run His Church on earth - or how the RCC interprets it. This is where people say that confession is biblical, where the apostles were given the authority to forgive or retain people's sins.

Just explaining it how I understand it. Not sure if I believe it all anymore. Just want to give my disclosure up front.

To be a Catholic, as per the One True Catholic and Apostolic Church, you HAVE to believe in all of these. This isn't a buffet where you can pick and choose. Not my rules.

21-04-2014, 10:35 PM
314. The Body and the Blood of Christ together with His Soul and His Divinity and therefore the Whole Christ are truly present in the Eucharist (De fide.)
314. Cannibalism is A-OK Thumbsup (but Masturbation is a No WTF)

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
21-04-2014, 10:39 PM
(21-04-2014 07:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Our newest member is of the Roman Catholic persuasion as I was. Because of this I revisited the dogmas of the RCC and I was appalled that at one time I belonged to this cult. (Remember these are all held to be sacred by the RCC).
See here:http://jloughnan.tripod.com/dogma.htm

I thought it might be fun to have each one of us pick out a favorite or two and reword it or explain it in our own, unique TTA way like this:

413. All the dead will rise again on the last day with their bodies.
413. On the last day Zombieland & World War Z become real!

255. It is permissible and profitable to venerate the relics of the Saints.
255. Cleromancy is perfectly logical and encouraged becuase nothing makes more sense than praying to bones. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleromancy

100. The evil spirits (demons) were created good by God; they became evil through their own fault.
100. God has problems with Quality Control.

I'm grinning Big Grin and shaking my head Facepalm the same time.

Laugh out load

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
21-04-2014, 10:49 PM
Quote:The Sacrament of Matrimony

Marriage was not instituted by Man, but by God. (Sent. certa.) D 2225.
Marriage is a true and proper Sacrament instituted by God. (De fide.)
The primary purpose of Marriage is the generation and bringing-up of offspring. The secondary purpose is mutual help and the morally regulated satisfaction of the sex urge. (Sent. certa.) CIC 1013, Par. 1.
The essential properties of Marriage are unity (monogamy) and indissolubility. (Sent. certa.) CIC 1013, Par. 2.
Every valid contract of Marriage between Christians is of itself a sacrament. (Sent. certa.)
From the sacramental contract of marriage emerges the Bond of Marriage, which binds both marriage partners to a lifelong indivisible community of life. (De fide.)
The Sacrament of Matrimony bestows Sanctifying Grace on the contracting parties. (De fide.)
The contracting parties in Matrimony minister the Sacrament each to the other. (Sent. certa.)
The Church possesses the sole and exclusive right to make laws and administer justice in the matrimonial affairs of baptised persons, in so far as these affect the Sacrament. (Sent. certa.) Cf. CIC 1016, 1960.

So, either gay couples are good to go, or infertile couples are not allowed to marry

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
21-04-2014, 10:52 PM
298. The Baptism of young children is valid and licit.

"Bend over kid...I'll give you a candy bar later."

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post