An interesting concept

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-12-2011, 03:04 AM
An interesting concept
Let`s get things straight even though I am a Christian, Catholic infact, I am not a creationist. But one day I decided to do some calculations.

First of all I decided to calculate the number of non avian, non aquatic mammals. If I remember ( it has been a few months since the calculation) this worked out to something like 3600.

Next I decided to calculate the maximum size of the Ark, not counting the well, prow and stern narrowing, deck trusses and maybe an orlop, and giving it seven decks the total square footage was about 40,000 square feet with i think seven feet of head room.

This would mean every pair of animals would receive approximately eleven square feet of space. Which in ships terms is a fair amount now of course these animals would not all be the same size (note: 95% of animal species on earth are smaller than a bumble bee (meaning my penis is bigger than 95% of the animal species on earth........just)) so we could say there would be space to at least accommodate the animals. N.B. I did not include food in my calculations

as you can see i have not included fish because well Duh, fish like water, I also discluded bats even though I probably shouldn't `t have but they could have hung out in the trusses. birds were not particularly counted because during a torrential rain and flood there would have been many uprooted trees and debris which they could hang out on. I probably should have added terrestrial lizards but I`m too lazy to do that much extra work. most amphibians are well amphibious and fuck insects. I think that`s every one.

Again I am not a creationist just thought it was interesting.

p.s. Also I`m not very tech savy for some reason my apostrophe button is acting weird
It looks like this `` and it does this on a double click.

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2011, 04:05 AM
RE: An interesting concept
(05-12-2011 03:04 AM)TarzanSmith Wrote:  Let`s get things straight even though I am a Christian, Catholic infact, I am not a creationist. But one day I decided to do some calculations.

First of all I decided to calculate the number of non avian, non aquatic mammals. If I remember ( it has been a few months since the calculation) this worked out to something like 3600.

Can you provide details of how you did this calculation? IMO you can't just grab a pen and paper and work it out, at some point there has to be some physical counting involved? If you worked from a book giving an estimate, citation please.

Quote:Next I decided to calculate the maximum size of the Ark, not counting the well, prow and stern narrowing, deck trusses and maybe an orlop, and giving it seven decks the total square footage was about 40,000 square feet with i think seven feet of head room.

Details details please, how didja get 40000 square feet?

Quote:This would mean every pair of animals would receive approximately eleven square feet of space. Which in ships terms is a fair amount now of course these animals would not all be the same size (note: 95% of animal species on earth are smaller than a bumble bee (meaning my penis is bigger than 95% of the animal species on earth........just)) so we could say there would be space to at least accommodate the animals. N.B. I did not include food in my calculations

Citation for 95% smaller than bee reference? This is 95% of the 3600 right, 'cos I bet any encyclopedia could readily furnish 180 species bigger than a bumble-bee.

Quote:as you can see i have not included fish because well Duh, fish like water, I also discluded bats even though I probably shouldn't `t have but they could have hung out in the trusses. birds were not particularly counted because during a torrential rain and flood there would have been many uprooted trees and debris which they could hang out on. I probably should have added terrestrial lizards but I`m too lazy to do that much extra work. most amphibians are well amphibious and fuck insects. I think that`s every one.

What about fresh water fish? You don't care about insects but they require explanation if you're gonna insist on the validity of the ark story...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-12-2011, 06:31 AM
Morondog provided some skeptic question there, but there are many more.

The number of species is estimated at 8.7 million, which is considerably larger than your estimates. I'd love to see your figures or calculations.

Morondog mentioned fresh water fish. I'd like to add other species to the list: homosexual animals (or did God make sure he picked out the straight ones?), extremophiles or just plain arctic species (penguins etc.),the fact that birds have an endurance of 9.3 days max (the flood lasted 40 days) etc.

Logistics: food (fresh meat and conservation techniques, bamboo and other specific diets), shelter (protecting species from predators)

Damage to the environment: plants and trees would be utterly destroyed after 40 days of being submerged: the landscape would ravaged. the water pressure would eradicate many lifeforms.

Ship building: I'd really love to see your plans for such a construction, especially if it was a wooden hull. Achieving that with just a few people? Downright impossible. Just look at construction charts for a standard frigate, which would be considerably smaller than Noah's ark.

Where did the water come from and go to? Why is geological evidence absent?

AND HOW DID THE KANGAROO GET BACK TO AUSTRALIA?

I'm very curious...

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 4 users Like Thammuz's post
05-12-2011, 07:52 AM
(05-12-2011 06:31 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  AND HOW DID THE KANGAROO GET BACK TO AUSTRALIA?

The best answer that I've seen so far (the link is somewhere on this forum, can't remember where though), is that the little buggers got off the Ark in Turkey and then hopped like mad all the way to Australia 'cos God told them to. Of course, for this to work Aus had to be attached to Asia so that there was a land route (apparently the lost kangaroo art of sailing is too much of a stretch for creationists).
05-12-2011, 08:53 AM
I did some calculation like that one time. I started with Tiamat, ended with Venus; and came up with a genetic memory.

Noah wasn't in the picture. What I saw as genetic memory ain't science until science gets around to figuring out superposition... but you can take on faith. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-12-2011, 09:08 AM

At some point Noah or one of his sons had to convince a 'great ape' to willingly enter the Ark. To me, THIS is where the story falls flat on its face. Forget dimz, food, water, and all the other stuff.

Great apes would have handily ripped the arms off each member of Noah's family.
Hell, even Chimps who are half our size, in packs can be deadly. So the boys easily snuck 2 chimps out?

Oh, then there is the Grizzly Bear..or ANY bear. A bear on a boat? Bears just happy to climb aboard due to the nudging of a 100 year old fella?

The math for this story is truly unnecessary when you look at it with logic and reason.

D
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
05-12-2011, 03:18 PM
I wonder if they drew straws to determine who had to feed the poisonous animals Big Grin

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
05-12-2011, 03:21 PM

(05-12-2011 03:18 PM)Thammuz Wrote:  I wonder if they drew straws to determine who had to feed the poisonous animals Big Grin

Yeah, and due to the fact it was RECENT history (to them at the time) i wonder who was given the chore to round up all the SNAKES! Did noah's family trust ANY of the snakes on board the boat?

D
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Where did the water come from? And where did it go when the flood was over?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-12-2011, 03:32 PM
Who had the job of scooping the tons of poop daily? I had a horse once and if you skipped days without scooping the stalls it would be one hell of a work out. That's just one horse. Imagine all the mammals....

Talk about shitty jobs!

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user