An interesting look speech
I found this quite fascinating, and wanted to share it with everyone. Smile

Or, we could go with the Genesis narrative. Drinking Beverage
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
31-08-2014, 06:46 PM
RE: An interesting look speech
(31-08-2014 06:20 PM)TheBear Wrote:  I found this quite fascinating, and wanted to share it with everyone. Smile

Oh yes this would explain how humans can speak and how language evolved. This is amazing. If we could show modern monkeys, or better yet prehistoric monkeys like apidum and aegyptopithecus could speak even a little, we could show the evolution of language was something starting years before the first ape even evolved.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
31-08-2014, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 31-08-2014 06:55 PM by DLJ.)
(31-08-2014 06:20 PM)TheBear Wrote:  ...

Yup!

Because we didn't come from no monkeys!!! Angry

ps. This (language) and the requirement to be able to predict the future (i.e. where poop will land when we throw it) pretty much explains it all.

Drinking Beverage

31-08-2014, 07:15 PM
I mentioned the video in this thread.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...man-Speech

It certainly is interesting. I actually saw some Vervit monkeys in Tanzania.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2014, 05:33 AM
(31-08-2014 06:46 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 06:20 PM)TheBear Wrote:  I found this quite fascinating, and wanted to share it with everyone. Smile

Oh yes this would explain how humans can speak and how language evolved. This is amazing. If we could show modern monkeys, or better yet prehistoric monkeys like apidum and aegyptopithecus could speak even a little, we could show the evolution of language was something starting years before the first ape even evolved.

You need to stop calling them monkeys. The correct term is anthropoid. Drinking Beverage

Quote:Aegyptopithecus, which means "Egyptian Monkey", from Greek Αίγυπτος (Egypt) and πίθηκος (ape or monkey), is an early fossil anthropoid that predates the divergence between hominoids (apes and humans) and cercopithecids (Old World monkeys).

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-09-2014, 07:03 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 07:08 AM by Metazoa Zeke.)
(01-09-2014 05:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-08-2014 06:46 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Oh yes this would explain how humans can speak and how language evolved. This is amazing. If we could show modern monkeys, or better yet prehistoric monkeys like apidum and aegyptopithecus could speak even a little, we could show the evolution of language was something starting years before the first ape even evolved.

You need to stop calling them monkeys. The correct term is anthropoid. Drinking Beverage

Quote:Aegyptopithecus, which means "Egyptian Monkey", from Greek Αίγυπτος (Egypt) and πίθηκος (ape or monkey), is an early fossil anthropoid that predates the divergence between hominoids (apes and humans) and cercopithecids (Old World monkeys).

Monkey is basically stupid for anthropoid.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
01-09-2014, 07:07 AM