An interesting thought, though not truly serious

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2010, 09:45 AM
RE: An interesting thought, though not truly serious
Let alone the forty-eight hour spam session he put in trying to get me to return to the debate. Yeesh. That was downright scary.

Anyway.

ashley.hunt60 Wrote:However, I do know that god cast out Satan, along with a third of the angels, for conspiring against him. I also know that in the old testament, god isn't the nicest of fellows either. If you were working for a guy that liked to kill people, wouldn't you want to do something about it? And then, if you were the killer that had a mutinous first mate to deal with, wouldn't you try your hardest to make them seem like a pretty bad guy themselves?

This is a very astute observation. Something I noticed about the relationship between God and Satan: God says "My way or the high way." He smites you if you defy him. Satan always gives you a choice.

Also, am I alone in thinking that Legion would have been a much better movie if it had been Lucifer instead of Michael?
Something else that may be interesting: Milton's Paradise Lost.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2010, 03:32 PM
RE: An interesting thought, though not truly serious
(09-03-2010 11:50 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Since you KNOW that God cast out satan, along with a third of the angels I would say that you are not an atheist, as God does not exist to an atheist. By any chance do you have any relatives that don't recycle? Never mind. You said that you KNOW that in the Old Testament, that was written by men about a non-existing God, that God was not the nicest of fellows. How can you use the Bible as proof that God did those things, isn't that circular reasoning? "unbeliever" any thoughts, or are you dangling by the rope I gave you earlier?

I'll be brief, since everyone has already pointed out the flaws. I don't enjoy shifting through dictionaries and weighing my words for several hours before speaking. So, forgive if my words do not follow their exact, literal meaning.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply