An intro thread because I'm bored

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-04-2012, 01:58 AM
An intro thread because I'm bored
Hello,

I'm a Muslim and I decided to join this forum after lurking around for a few days. I didn't come here to convert anyone, because religion is a personal thing and I don't want to force it on anyone. That's not me. However, I still like to discuss religion with both theists and atheists every now and then. I hope you guys are okay with that. As for my username, well, don't worry about that because I'm not going shove any fatwas up your ass like some of the real mullahs do. Internet mullahs can't really do anything. They just teach people on the internet.

I was just kind of bored and that's why I wanted to use the time to introduce myself. In the future, I might pop in sometimes if I want to say something. But, I'm not sure how frequently I'm gong to post here. One reason is because I don't want you guys to feel as if I'm shitting on your carpet with the same stuff over and over again. So, I think I'll be just reading threads quietly for the most part (as I've been doing for the past few days). But, when I do discuss something, I'll try to discuss as politely as possible.

By the way, theists are allowed in this forum, right? If not, then I'll leave. No problem with me. Smile

Thank you for your time.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2012, 02:16 AM
RE: An intro thread because I'm bored
hey welcome to the forum. This forum is open to all so theists are welcome.
17-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Hi Internet Mullah Smile Welcome.
17-04-2012, 05:37 AM
Hi there

Welcome and have fun here.
You might find a good discussion partner in Jackrabbit. He is an ex-muslim Smile

*offering a welcome cookie*

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-04-2012, 06:11 AM
You may have noticed as you browsed that one of the forum members held in highest regard is Kingschosen, a theist.

Reason and logic is held in high regard, as is eloquence (so you're ok on that score).

Proselytising (all faiths and non-faith) gets the shortest shrift but even that is a good excuse for a good cut and thrust.

Welcome and enjoy!

17-04-2012, 06:18 AM
(17-04-2012 01:58 AM)Internet Mullah Wrote:  Hello,

I'm a Muslim and I decided to join this forum after lurking around for a few days. I didn't come here to convert anyone, because religion is a personal thing and I don't want to force it on anyone. That's not me. However, I still like to discuss religion with both theists and atheists every now and then. I hope you guys are okay with that. As for my username, well, don't worry about that because I'm not going shove any fatwas up your ass like some of the real mullahs do. Internet mullahs can't really do anything. They just teach people on the internet.

I was just kind of bored and that's why I wanted to use the time to introduce myself. In the future, I might pop in sometimes if I want to say something. But, I'm not sure how frequently I'm gong to post here. One reason is because I don't want you guys to feel as if I'm shitting on your carpet with the same stuff over and over again. So, I think I'll be just reading threads quietly for the most part (as I've been doing for the past few days). But, when I do discuss something, I'll try to discuss as politely as possible.

By the way, theists are allowed in this forum, right? If not, then I'll leave. No problem with me. Smile

Thank you for your time.

Alright... I don't want to sound ignorant but my interaction with muslims has been VERY few and far between. I have only spoken to one on a pretty good basis and he was pretty chill and said he thinks everyone is free to think and believe what they want.

So... I have questions (I'm being serious and want to know):

- Do muslims really believe we're free to believe what we want to believe? Or is it one of those things that you really feel we deserve eternal punishment or some other sort of punishment if we truly decide we are against what the book says?
- What is this shariah law stuff? I've heard this is part of it? Or is this something only in specific countries? Or is this something only held to believers and not the nonbelievers? (this kind of goes back to my first question)
- Do muslims believe there ever was a jesus? Or do they think he's made up? Or do they think he's made up but nothing more than someone carrying a message of some sort?
- Are there denominations of Muslims just as there are denominations of Christianity? Someone on here recently said there is now 35,000 (number struck me as insane) denominations of Christianity. Do muslims also have a similar thing going on? Or is it pretty much just one revision of the qu-ran? I'd assume there's probably not a mormon equivalent, in other words do you deal with the same thing that christians do in terms of people "changing the translations" of a book?

These are things I often ponder.

By the way welcome to the forums, and yes, theists are of course welcome. Anyone is welcome. Except for Ray Comfort of course, I don't think any of us could stand him for 30 seconds.
17-04-2012, 06:30 AM
Welcome.

[Image: opforum1.png]
17-04-2012, 07:15 AM
Welcome dude!

Good to have a fellow theist here... and a Muslim to boot. Hope you stick around. Make yourself at home.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
17-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Why wouldn't you want to shit on the carpet? We all do!
We like watching the Dog Trainers here pick it up and try to teach us to do it outside. Big Grin
Welcome, Mullah!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
17-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Welcome! You sound well spoken and easy going. Hope to have some great conversations and maybe debates too!
See you around!