An invitation : The Synod of Dorks, 2013

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2012, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2012 02:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
An invitation : The Synod of Dorks, 2013
So I was trying to see why someone was "elected" or more genarally be granted the grace or gift of faith, in light of WLC's reasonable faith businesses, (an oxymoron, since faith requires the suspension of reason).

The only requirement for entry to the Synod, will be that you wear a pointy hat. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointed_hat .

Not to be confused with the Synod of Dort. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synod_of_Dort .

If you show up with the same pointy hat that someone else has on, you will be excommunicated, (which would be no less capricious).

We will "talk among ourselves". Check your calendars.

Pets will be allowed.

[Image: 280px-Al_Quds_Patriarch.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2012, 02:11 PM
RE: An invitation : The Synod of Dorks, 2013
(29-06-2012 02:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If you show up with the same pointy hat that someone else has on, you will be excommunicated.
And this will be The Great Schism - those of us with matching hats will become the True Dorks, brimming with truth, crowned in glory, a true hat band.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-06-2012, 02:16 PM
(29-06-2012 02:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If you show up with the same pointy hat that someone else has on, you will be excommunicated.

Well, duh... that's kind of anywhere. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
29-06-2012, 02:19 PM
But wait, the Inquisitors put pointy hats on heretics. I want to make sure I'm not put to the Test just because I'm wearing the wrong hat.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
29-06-2012, 02:30 PM
(29-06-2012 02:19 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  But wait, the Inquisitors put pointy hats on heretics. I want to make sure I'm not put to the Test just because I'm wearing the wrong hat.
If you're not a heretic then you'll choose the right hat.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-MyMOK-HoEryxYsv7awF...7MXHx9wfkQ]
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
29-06-2012, 02:42 PM
(29-06-2012 02:30 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(29-06-2012 02:19 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  But wait, the Inquisitors put pointy hats on heretics. I want to make sure I'm not put to the Test just because I'm wearing the wrong hat.
If you're not a heretic then you'll choose the right hat.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-MyMOK-HoEryxYsv7awF...7MXHx9wfkQ]

I seem to have a history of not choosing wisely, so I'm probably screwed.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
29-06-2012, 02:47 PM
I say you can't go wrong if you make your own hat. I want one of those fiddlehead staffs; those kick ass!
I will rule the world with my awesome fiddlehead. Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
29-06-2012, 03:30 PM
(29-06-2012 02:30 PM)kineo Wrote:  If you're not a heretic then you'll choose the right hat.

Exactly. You're elected.

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
29-06-2012, 04:11 PM
(29-06-2012 02:47 PM)kim Wrote:  I say you can't go wrong if you make your own hat. I want one of those fiddlehead staffs; those kick ass!
I will rule the world with my awesome fiddlehead. Big Grin

Why don't you go fiddle yourself!

~Izel
29-06-2012, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2012 06:26 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(29-06-2012 04:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Why don't you go fiddle yourself!

There will be no self-fiddling at the Synod. You may play second fiddle. If you do, please remove your pointy hat, and please refrain from singing fiddle-dee-dee.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post