An non-believer has to defend Islam

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2011, 05:25 PM
An non-believer has to defend Islam
http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?st...1006419356

[Image: 1986d1306952412-post-your-funny-facepalm...cepalm.jpg]

[Image: buddhasig.png]
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2011, 08:04 PM
RE: An non-believer has to defend Islam
It's funny how Christians have no problem saying that the god of Judaism is their god too (going as far as coining the term Judeo-Christian), but they just won't accept the same thing about the Islamic god.

The God excuse: the last refuge of a man with no answers and no argument. "God did it." Anything we can't describe must have come from God. - George Carlin

Whenever I'm asked "What if you're wrong?", I always show the asker this video: http://youtu.be/iClejS8vWjo Screw Pascal's wager.
Find all posts by this user
09-06-2011, 08:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2011 09:03 PM by Lilith Pride.)
Quote:Loretta Anne Robinson: I read his and his wife's story in the book, "In The Presence of My Enemies"...and all they endured during their captivity...Amazing! God is good!

This statement just made me stop for a long time. She is actually saying that living through torture and horrible pain is why god is good? She should've read this a few times before posting it. Well at least if that's the miracle she needs to see suffering is aplenty.

One of the christians made an acceptable point of arguing the christian god is some weird tri-god thing. Since neither the jewish nor the islamic god is a tri-god that does make christianity's god different, and quite insane. I think it's an acceptable argument that the new testament seperates christianity's god from the other two. Though obvioulsy it's the same guy up until the schism so you would suspect it's all the same. But then judaism had more gods, so maybe it's acceptable that christianity made a new god with jesus. Not that it really matters.

Christians accept the jewish god as their same god only because they don't currently feel the need to kill them. Once the other groups are gone they'll be all over the jews. And then they'll kill off different sects of christianity >.>

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
09-06-2011, 09:06 PM
An oasis of sanity in a mass of crazy. Seriously, some of that is so nutty it seems like parody. That sort of stuff really gives me the creeps.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
09-06-2011, 09:08 PM
(09-06-2011 08:55 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  This statement just made me stop for a long time. She is actually saying that living through torture and horrible pain is why god is good? She should've read this a few times before posting it. Well at least if that's the miracle she needs to see suffering is aplenty.

From my time chatting in the forum. This is the norm. They do believe that suffering is the best way to get close to god.

“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.” ~ Gautama Buddha
09-06-2011, 09:11 PM
(09-06-2011 09:08 PM)The Doctor Wrote:  From my time chatting in the forum. This is the norm. They do believe that suffering is the best way to get close to god.

That's because they have to delude themselves into thinking there could be any good reason for suffering. You know, instead of doing anything active to combat the suffering of anyone or anything, they decide it must be all part of god's plan or some bullshit.

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
09-06-2011, 09:27 PM
(09-06-2011 09:11 PM)trillium13 Wrote:  That's because they have to delude themselves into thinking there could be any good reason for suffering. You know, instead of doing anything active to combat the suffering of anyone or anything, they decide it must be all part of god's plan or some bullshit.

That is why I am Buddhist and not Christian. Big Grin

09-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Suffering is the closest part? I thought it separated you from everything. That's what happened for me. I've suffered many things. Never has that brought me any closer to religion.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
09-06-2011, 09:44 PM
(09-06-2011 09:42 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  Suffering is the closest part? I thought it separated you from everything. That's what happened for me. I've suffered many things. Never has that brought me any closer to religion.

This is because you are able to deal effectively with reality. Big Grin

09-06-2011, 10:01 PM
I am? Most people think my perspective basis for the world is very unrealistic =p. I'm very feeling based, I just look at all things intellectually. I have a very malleable view that allows me to look at things in many perspectives, but generally my personal views sound horrid to people. I call myself the naive sage because I give great answers, but I live a very confused life ~_^

Thanks though