An ode to Christopher Hitchens - may god have mercy on his soul...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2011, 04:21 PM
An ode to Christopher Hitchens - may god have mercy on his soul...
I've been toying with writing the substantive part of this for days, then found out this morning Hitchens passed away. Seemed appropriate...

http://centersolid.blogspot.com/2011/12/...rtant.html

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Seasbury's post
16-12-2011, 04:49 PM
RE: An ode to Christopher Hitchens - may god have mercy on his soul...
There can never be coexsistance, peace and love so long as a such a divisive force such as religion exists. A true Utopia is one that is free from religion, a secular society, a religion free society.
Thank you Mr. Hitchens for the legacy you have left us and the vision you tried to achieve but didn't live long enough to see it bear its fruits.
I shall smoke a cigarette to honor your memory.

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Jackrabbit's post
16-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Jackrabbit - I've spent the last couple years looking for ways to "further" coexistence. Kinda bummed that it will never come about... Sad

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post
16-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Good stuff, Sean, and a fitting tribute, indeed.

The "highlighted" sentence caught my eye as funny at first, but then I focused in on the point you were making in the paragraph before and after and I'd have to say I think you're definitely onto something.

Quote:There is ample evidence that the trend in America, especially among the younger generation, that religion is on the wane and support for issues antithetical for the religious is on the rise. I thought about including a number of charts here to back this up, but they can be found here.

Unless I’m wrong, and I’m never wrong, this accounts for much of the religious backlash seen today, with anger directed against those deemed most responsible for falling away from the flock – godless atheists!

This also helps explain the repudiation of science. If science finds answers that debunk the monotheistic belief of god as a creator, then it too is a threat to said belief system; therefore, for belief to stand pure, science must be discredited.

I know plenty of folks who would blame the decline of our so-called Christian Nation upon the Courts and dastardly Liberals who have kow-towed to the satanic atheists and their "god of science." The backlash indeed is real, and important to identify.
Thanks, as always, for sharing!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
16-12-2011, 05:34 PM
(16-12-2011 05:25 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Good stuff, Sean, and a fitting tribute, indeed.

The "highlighted" sentence caught my eye as funny at first, but then I focused in on the point you were making in the paragraph before and after and I'd have to say I think you're definitely onto something.

Quote:There is ample evidence that the trend in America, especially among the younger generation, that religion is on the wane and support for issues antithetical for the religious is on the rise. I thought about including a number of charts here to back this up, but they can be found here.

Unless I’m wrong, and I’m never wrong, this accounts for much of the religious backlash seen today, with anger directed against those deemed most responsible for falling away from the flock – godless atheists!

This also helps explain the repudiation of science. If science finds answers that debunk the monotheistic belief of god as a creator, then it too is a threat to said belief system; therefore, for belief to stand pure, science must be discredited.

I know plenty of folks who would blame the decline of our so-called Christian Nation upon the Courts and dastardly Liberals who have kow-towed to the satanic atheists and their "god of science." The backlash indeed is real, and important to identify.
Thanks, as always, for sharing!

Thanks Eric -

I looked for quite awhile for the Pricess Bride clip where Chris Sarandon uttered those words - I wanted to link the vid - but couldn't find it. If anyone has seen it, please Post the link and I'll append it in Smile

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post
16-12-2011, 05:54 PM
(16-12-2011 05:34 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  Thanks Eric -

I looked for quite awhile for the Pricess Bride clip where Chris Sarandon uttered those words - I wanted to link the vid - but couldn't find it. If anyone has seen it, please Post the link and I'll append it in Smile

I tried to find it too. No luck, but there was a cool redux of Wesley and Inigo dueling with lightsabers. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel