False
[Show Results]

Analog ftw

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Analog ftw
True or false?

True. For something to be entirely false, it must be entirely conceptual. However, conception is true. Tongue

Aggravates me, philosophy. This digital mindset of creator/creation. I came from outside. Smoke weed, drink beer, run neck; that's the chain of causality. Yet the first link is the last link - conception. How does it make sense, something's gotta come from somewhere, when everything comes from the same place?

Always the hidden element in this flapping of the gums. Meaning. Where does the drive to communicate meaning come from? Evolution.

Speaking about not being rocket science... Dodgy

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-07-2012, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2012 09:20 AM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Analog ftw
Dude, ya need ta cancel yer repointment over ta the metaphysician., (he's a quack). Obama-care ain't gonna cover that shit. Philosophers need ta get a real job.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-07-2012, 11:21 AM
Don't listen to the Fundie, Johnny. The kid still thinks you're a philosopher. No

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
15-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Waah! Sadcryface2

My job is I love my Gwynnies! Heart

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-07-2012, 04:09 PM
(15-07-2012 04:01 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Waah! Sadcryface2

My job is I love my Gwynnies! Heart
No, no. no. Yer job is being a prophet. Prophets don' need to go to the metaphysician. Was takin' 'bout "them".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Political skeptic .. if there is a bad reason something bad might have happened, you can bet your ass, that's why it happened.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-07-2012, 06:51 PM
As always John, I have no idea what you are going on about.
I think I will just resort to nodding my head and agreeing again.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
23-07-2012, 11:41 PM
So is this a question of what is more important. The truth of my perception or my perception of the truth? Truth is the construct of a variable perception. Conception is what I call me, myself or I. Truth is relative to the concept of understanding thus a concept is always false while truth can only be perceived but never known.

But you said:
(14-07-2012 11:38 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Where does the drive to communicate meaning come from?

Self actualization. Me thinks Undecided
[+] 2 users Like Grassy Knoll's post
24-07-2012, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 24-07-2012 06:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
(23-07-2012 11:41 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  So is this a question of what is more important. The truth of my perception or my perception of the truth? Truth is the construct of a variable perception. Conception is what I call me, myself or I. Truth is relative to the concept of understanding thus a concept is always false while truth can only be perceived but never known.

I disagree Grassy. Truth is an artificial construct. It is confined to formal systems. Confining it to an artificial formal system is the only way it can take on an objective meaning independent of perception. It is relative only to the axioms and logical operations of the formal system. But we don't live in a formal system. There is no truth out here. Only perception and opinion and observation and measurement and interpretation and consensus. Truth is nowhere to be found outside of a formal system. Out here we is stoned ... Immaculate.

(23-07-2012 11:41 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  But you said:
(14-07-2012 11:38 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Where does the drive to communicate meaning come from?

Self actualization. Me thinks Undecided

Maslow for the win. Thumbsup

Breathing - it's more art than science.