Analysis of the Quran

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-04-2011, 06:19 PM

Analysis of the Quran
Hi everybody!!! I'm new in this forum.. and i wanted to know if i can get any help. I'm looking for some contradictions written in the Quran, but i want a impartial analysis... and i really wanted to know why only christianism is atacked and i can't find a single good analysis of the Quran. So i'm starting to reading it and i want to do the analysis by myself. So i want some help... i'll post some ideas here and i need to know what you think...
Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2011, 07:11 PM
RE: Analysis of the Quran
Sure. here you go: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=contradictions+...+quran&l=1

And to answer your second question, the reason that Jesusianistisism is more "under attack" in here, is because most of us are from western countries, and Jesusianistisismists are a bigger concern for us.

Hope that helped.

I want to rip off your superstitions and make passionate sense to you
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2011, 07:44 PM
I know that the Skeptic's Annotated Bible is good, and there's also a Skeptic's Annotated Quran that you could check out. I haven't gotten around to reading it yet (still trudging through the Bible), but I recommend the site ^.^

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
13-04-2011, 09:31 PM
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/index.htm
The guys who annotated the bible did the same for the Qur'an.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
13-04-2011, 09:45 PM
We also have a member of the forum, IslamMiracle who does youtube videos, and comic strips. He's not that impartial but definitely another good reference as far as the Quran and atheism.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
14-04-2011, 08:39 AM

(13-04-2011 07:11 PM)Norseman Wrote:  Sure. here you go: http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=contradictions+...+quran&l=1

And to answer your second question, the reason that Jesusianistisism is more "under attack" in here, is because most of us are from western countries, and Jesusianistisismists are a bigger concern for us.

Hope that helped.

Thanks a lot... actually im from a western country too, but the fact is that Christianism is not dangerous at all nowadays, i mean no so dangerous as Islam, we don't have "christianic republics" but in eastern countries there are "islamic republics" and they use religion to control people from the goverment itself, and surely there is more punishment for women. I just was concerned about it... Thanks a lot for your answers...
Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Glad we could help. I wouldn't argue with you on the point that people living in "Muslim countries" do suffer more from it than we who live in "Christian countries". But do you really think that if the church could have it's way we would still be better off than our friends further to the east? It's was the enlightenment that forced the church to ease it's grip on our lives, not the other way around. It is our welfare and education level that keeps the church at bay. Take away these two things and I for one think we could be right back to where they are within our lifetime.

14-04-2011, 11:55 AM
(13-04-2011 06:19 PM)çrisar Wrote:  So i'm starting to reading it and i want to do the analysis by myself. So i want some help... i'll post some ideas here and i need to know what you think...

Glad to find someone else who is going to be reading the Qu'ran. Christians portray it as evil and wicked, so my summer project while I'm off from campus duties is to read Sam Harris' The Moral landscape, The Bible, Book of Mormon, and the Qu'ran in order to compare the morality described in all four books. I'll let you know when I start the Qu'ran (Probably after reading The Moral Landscape). I'd love to compare ideas on the book.

But I do have a problem, I want to make sure that I read a translation that has been approved by Islam, to avoid meaning being "lost in translation". Has anyone heard of versions that are more accepted than others?

Of all the ideas put forth by science, it is the principle of Superposition that can undo any power of the gods. For the accumulation of smaller actions has the ability to create, destroy, and move the world.

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul." -W. E. Henley
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2011, 12:29 PM
I found an authorized translation of the Koran on amazon. The question that comes first to my mind is "authorized by whom"? How can a religion with no top-down organization have an authorized anything?

15-04-2011, 03:19 AM
And yesterday i started reading Kur'an and it was amazing. I mean, I do understand the Bible, and why and how people can relate to that book, even read it, but Kur'an? Bible is a lot of stories, and those stories can be fun and interesting, specially if you are a kid, but Kur'an is nothing but a bunch of Muslim laws. It's like I'm studding law for middle eastern counties. I quit reading after 10-15 pages, and that's it, no more reading Kur'an for me. The funniest thing I've seen is in the very beginning when it is explained why Kur'an is the word of Allah and why it is true and right. Because it is written in the Kur'an. That is the most absurd thing that defines all logic. So if I write on the wall:" There is no God, because it is written here and this is the truth!", does that make it real and truthful? That was enough for me to never read that book again. Oh, I almost forgot, every second-third law ends with: Allah is great, he is wise and all powerful, he knows all. What, it was written for complete morons, so they have to say those things every time, so that they don't forget that the GOD (Allah) is all-powerful? Is that really necessary? I'll try reading the Bible next, hope it turns out better than this.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson