"Anarchist Board"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2013, 12:45 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2013 12:49 AM by PoolBoyG.)
Question "Anarchist Board"
This might just be rambling, or this might just be an idea for an experiment people might be interested in.

Say we have a new board. On this board, every user has the ability to ban (kill) any other user. The ban and banner are recorded for everyone to see.

If you don't like something posted, you can ignore it and go on with your own threads and posts. If you extremely dislike it, you can ban the user if you don't think you won't be banned in retaliation by their friends. Or do you preemptively ban their friends right away too to prevent your own banning? Collectively, users might think this is too much power for users to have, and so they decide to promise to allow only a few users the authority to ban.
Users can only preform X amount of bans per X time period. So, say, 1 per hour (they have to wait for a timer).

What are peoples thoughts on this? What do they think the outcome would be?

Granted, this seems useless because there's no invested interested in a clean slate of a board. "Well, I'm banned. So what. All my good threads and posts are on the normal part of the forum." So, now imagine if this was implemented forum wide.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2013, 02:17 AM
RE: "Anarchist Board"

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
18-11-2013, 05:35 AM
I agree. It's sounds impossible.
18-11-2013, 05:53 AM
Quantum physics makes more sense to me Confused.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
18-11-2013, 06:16 AM
I like it, it's fun to see how people react when you give them power Smile

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
18-11-2013, 07:27 AM
may as well a play hardcore (single life) game on minecraft.
let the back stabbing, cliff pushing anvil dropping begin.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
18-11-2013, 08:27 AM
It should also be possible to "unban" people. People are banned when they have more "ban" votes than "unban" votes.

But I guess that would be too democratic for an anarchy thread.
[+] 1 user Likes black_squirrel's post
19-11-2013, 12:22 AM
(18-11-2013 08:27 AM)black_squirrel Wrote:  It should also be possible to "unban" people. People are banned when they have more "ban" votes than "unban" votes.

But I guess that would be too democratic for an anarchy thread.

The point is that a ban is equivalent to DEATH. That's why we can never have a true real world social experiment, to test out social policies. Because there will always be intervention to prevent the risk of injury or death. When a person is gone, you're gone. Your decisions and actions will be completely different if you have no safety net or assurance of "life".

And the reasoning behind ban limits, is that person isn't able to murder their entire neighborhood in a few minutes. They may get a few, and then others will react in that time. Or if no one reacts, then they can continue after awhile.

So users here think that there will be no chance for civility at all? How do you think you would fair?