Anarchy, Communism and Nationalism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-03-2017, 10:28 PM
RE: Anarchy, Communism and Nationalism
(20-03-2017 05:24 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  [Image: By1h3RhIMAAncNG.jpg]

“Hatred as an element of struggle; unbending hatred for the enemy, which pushes a human being beyond his natural limitations, making him into an effective, violent, selective, and cold-blooded killing machine.” ~ Che Guevara

Che presided over the Cuban Revolution's first firing squads. He founded Cuba’s "labor camp" system—the system that was eventually employed to incarcerate gays, dissidents, and AIDS victims.

You certainly hold sociopaths in high esteem don't you Fred?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
20-03-2017, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2017 12:16 AM by Fred Hampton.)
(20-03-2017 06:46 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 04:28 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  Uh, k. Take a stroll on down to your local psych ward and see first hand just how "groovy" psych science is doing these days.

Um... that's really kind of lame.

Could just as easily say, 'take a stroll down to the terminal ward at your local hospital and see how well medical science is doing these days." Or 'take a stroll down to you local auto-wrecking yard and see how well automotive engineering is doing these days."

How about you take a look at some half-way houses and transitional housing, and see how many people with various levels of diagnosed mental illness are either living in society, or preparing to move back into society -- who 30 years ago would have either been warehoused in an institution for the rest of their lives, or dead.
Psych "science" doesn't work so well, is what I'm saying: bad outcomes.

Psych "science": Then
[Image: 332df66c80ef1bbeea4a17a5170b48bb.jpg]

Now:
[Image: AAEAAQAAAAAAAAcMAAAAJDQ5ZjA3ZDI0LTE0N2Ut...YTcyNw.jpg]

Can't show the bad stuff.
20-03-2017, 10:39 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2017 10:44 PM by Fred Hampton.)
(20-03-2017 06:38 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 04:16 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  It is gross reductionist thinking to just say, "Mao was a tyrant that intentionally killed X # of people", etc. It's not even accurate.
Granted it's an overly simplistic view. Mao wasn't personally responsible for every bad thing that happened in China after the revolution. But he was responsible for setting a lot of it in motion. And he did intentionally have a lot of people killed.

This is not unlike discussions I've had with people who see themselves as patriotic Americans. They chide me for bring up the seamier parts of American history, like our virtually non-stop interference in foreign governments and the many brutal dictators we've propped up -- and sometimes installed -- when it suited our idea of political expediency. They point out all the good America has done in the world -- and there is a good deal of it -- and ask me why I seldom talk about that. I just as well be talking about:

The reason, is my personal sense of propriety, and wanting to see a balanced picture painted. See, throughout all my primary and secondary school history, I was pretty much taught only the good and noble parts of American history; many true, some made up. It wasn't until college that I learned that our motives weren't always pure and altruistic, and that God wasn't always on our side. An even then, I didn't learn it in conventional history classes -- I learned it on my own, reading history in the university library, while skipping boring chemistry lectures. (That's also where I learned about the extent of involvement of anarchists in the US labor movement. But I digress...)

Having learned all of this, it seemed like something of a public service to spread the information around, as most of the people I knew had had similar one-sided educations in US history. So I kinda saw it as 12+ years of positive propaganda, times each person in the US who had received at least a high school education, on the one side -- and me, with the negative information I had learned, on the other.
What did I need to talk about the good stuff for? Everyone else was already doing that, exclusively, and had been for decades, if not more. So I worked hard to bring out the other side of the picture.

People didn't like it. Some saw me as anti-American; others as a crank. A lot of them thought that I had to be making up at least some of my information, since I never had anything good to say about the US. And so, they stopped paying attention. I finally had to realize that a balanced perspective is not obtained by completely ignoring one side of the picture -- even if your message is about the other side. (Probably, I should have learned that lesson when I was studying Buddhism -- which consistently preaches "the middle way" -- but religion and I always have had a hard time seeing eye to eye.)

I present this little anecdote by way of example: if you want to try to present a balanced picture of Mao and what he meant to China, you are going to have to acknowledge that, along with his accomplishments, he also did a lot of bad shit. If you don't do that, you are going to come off looking like a sloganeering drone, and most people aren't going to take you seriously. If people are not taking you seriously, they are not paying attention to whatever message it is you think you have to share.

But hey, just my 2¢, and I'm just an anarchist.

Your call, boss. Wink
I actually don't think anyone else here is that interested in so-comm or Mao, other than to lambast him as much as possible. Thats my take. I just as well be talking about:
[Image: chairman_meow_red.jpg]
20-03-2017, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2017 11:04 PM by Fred Hampton.)
(20-03-2017 10:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 05:24 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  [Image: By1h3RhIMAAncNG.jpg]

“Hatred as an element of struggle; unbending hatred for the enemy, which pushes a human being beyond his natural limitations, making him into an effective, violent, selective, and cold-blooded killing machine.” ~ Che Guevara

Che presided over the Cuban Revolution's first firing squads. He founded Cuba’s "labor camp" system—the system that was eventually employed to incarcerate gays, dissidents, and AIDS victims.

You certainly hold sociopaths in high esteem don't you Fred?
You might enjoy this guy:
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
[Image: che-guevara.jpg]
"I know you are here to kill me. Shoot, coward, you are only going to kill a man."
20-03-2017, 11:33 PM
(20-03-2017 07:06 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Asking for links to establish Mao's destructiveness really shouldn't be taken seriously.

Do we also need links to prove that Hiroshima was bombed?

20-03-2017, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 20-03-2017 11:59 PM by Fred Hampton.)
(20-03-2017 10:05 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 12:28 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  Pardon me, huh???

I am a pragmatist and a realist so I see the world as it is and not as a definition.
The concept of communism is at best a fanciful dream and at worst a convenient vehicle to fool the masses and concentrate all the power and wealth on a few, thus an oligarchy. A billionaire in a capitalist society is but an insignificant speck compared to the power and wealth that men such as Mao, Stalin and Castro have wielded through fear and oppression.

You seem to embrace the definition without examining the reality. Communism is a failed concept, not because it doesn’t have altruistic merit, but because it fails to take into consideration the human traits we all possess.

Communism will always be nothing more than an unworkable pipe dream of the idealists.
Really? Stalin, Mao, and Castro didn't have a billion $ between them. Castro road around in a military truck from the '80s. The many billionaires in our world wield massive power.
20-03-2017, 11:55 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2017 12:17 AM by Fred Hampton.)
(20-03-2017 06:49 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Thanks for answering my questions, Doc.

Fred: '

Quote:And then there are the Japs and Shang Kai Shek.

Japs? Really? Even if that's supposed to be in some kind of context that's bad form.
Those particular Japanese were "Japs", thats what they were called: invading, imperialist fascists who wanted to take over China, were inspired and allied with Hitler and had as their own leader the self proclaimed fascist "God King" named Hirohito. That is why they were "Japs".
[Image: hirohito.jpg]
21-03-2017, 12:26 AM
(20-03-2017 11:55 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 06:49 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Thanks for answering my questiozns, Doc.

Fred: '

Japs? Really? Even if that's supposed to be in some kind of context that's bad form.
Those particualr Japanese were "Japs": invading, imperialist fascists who wanted to take over China, were inspired and allied with Hitler and had as their own leader the self proclaimed fascist "God King" named Hirohito. That is why they were "Japs".
[Image: hirohito.jpg]

lol

Let it go, man. No need to pull out an antiquated racist slur over shit that happened over 7 decades ago. It makes you sound like a dumbass Trump supporter.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
21-03-2017, 01:36 AM
(20-03-2017 04:09 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(20-03-2017 02:13 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  Words have definitions, ergo they mean something. "Anarcho-capitalist" is a self contradictory term and therefore false and useless.
Fred, you are going to have an "interesting" time of it, telling anarchists what is and is not anarchy.

I wish you luck. Yes
Anarchy is a word that has a definition. I know the definition and have probably studied more about anarchism than most anarchists, at least the ones(kids) I meet.
21-03-2017, 02:11 AM
(20-03-2017 01:43 PM)Fred Hampton Wrote:  ....Nazi Germany or Britain or France, etc. Capitalism being capitalism. .....

Reichskommissar für die Preisbildung: A public office responsible for fixing prices. Authority of this position went as far as being able to advice courts and other parts of the Nazi-administration to fine, punish and incarcerate individuals (or simply shut down their business) who do violate those fixations.

In general his responsibilites were:
  • Fixing prices
  • Monitoring of how pricing regulations were followed (or not)
  • Ability to issue orders "in the interest of economically justifiable pricing"

Yes, very capitalist. Especially since every time i hear "Kommissar" i am thinking of fat, evil capitalists in expensive suits smoking a havana cigar Facepalm

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 4 users Like Deesse23's post