Ancient Aliens!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Ancient Aliens!
My Aunt thinks this shit is legit apparently, she and I have been going back and forth a bit for awhile. She thinks aliens seeded the earth with life, doesn't believe or understand evolution at all, so naturally she thinks the aliens are behind all the different kinds. Basically were experiments. For more background on this situation check out my older thread - http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ens-did-it

Give me your take on this series, and if you want to facepalm every couple minutes through one of the episodes, watch this one.
http://www.allshowsdaily.com/2013/01/anc...ode-5.html

One of my favourite quotes is "Anyone with unique skills may not be completely human" (something like that). I was just like... Epic facepalm. What in the hell is with twisting the life of a genius to give credit for his work to a field of knowledge that he tapped into. They say his thought experiments may have let him tap into this realm in some sense of a transe.

I actually got rather annoyed and stopped in the last ten minutes of the episode. There is variation in the population, this is always the case, why the fuck do people need to ascribe extraterrestial or magic woo to the individuals high above average?

Any way, sorry for the rant. Just annoyed with ignorance.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2013, 06:43 PM
RE: Ancient Aliens!
[Image: tumblr_lv5w8hXlAm1qz80cmo1_500.jpg]

'Nuff said

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 10 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
27-03-2013, 07:38 PM
The series is pretty cool... as entertainment. Thumbsup

But like the Anannuki, this advanced alien culture comes here and goes through all the bother of genetically engineering the Sumerians to mine gold... but somehow miss alla these easily accessible sources like the Rockies and Arkansas... yeah, that's not how I'm defining "advanced."

And I talked to an evolutionary biologist about directed panspermia, and she said, "there's nothing missing." Meaning that there is no indication DNA was fucked with.

Shit like Nazca and UFOs in medieval paintings, it's pretty cool; it's also isolated and local. AAT is like me being a prophet means you hafta accept Islam. Hardly.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
27-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Ancient Aliens!
You should see http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-03-2013, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2013 08:39 PM by Heathen.)
Some people I work with (that seem to be otherwise very intelligent people) have been discussing this series at work, in a serious manner. Perhaps some are just being polite. I do hope so. I roll my eyes at them and question their sanity. (It's fine, they know me)

But what really pisses me off is that this crap is on the bloody History Channel! A lot of the content really interesting and fascinating all on it's own. There is no need to bring aliens into it. The History Channel used to be one of my refuges, one of the few channels I could rely upon. Sadcryface2

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
27-03-2013, 08:41 PM
(27-03-2013 08:34 PM)Heathen Wrote:  Some people I work with (that seem to be otherwise very intelligent people) have been discussing this series at work, in a serious manner. Perhaps some are just being polite. I do hope so.

But what really pisses me off is that this crap is on the bloody History Channel! A lot of the content really interesting and fascinating all on it's own. There is no need to bring aliens into it. The History Channel used to be one of my refuges.

Hehe, it's all shit now. People say to turn off the TV and learn something. We canceled cable over a year ago and I'm now an atheist because of it!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 7 users Like evenheathen's post
27-03-2013, 08:50 PM
The kids will be gone soon and the cable goes too. About 2 years, I figure. You're pretty much right though; it's very nearly all crap now.
I'm looking forward spending my savings on coke and whores though. Tongue

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
27-03-2013, 09:12 PM
(27-03-2013 08:12 PM)KVron Wrote:  You should see http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/

Awesome, thanks for the link. 53 minutes in Big Grin

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

27-03-2013, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 09:44 PM by ghostexorcist.)
We've had a thread on this and the debunking video in the past. Anyone claiming the architecture or artifacts points to aliens either doesn't know enough about the archaeology of Meso and South America, or they are purposely misrepresenting it for a profit.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like ghostexorcist's post
28-03-2013, 06:31 AM
(27-03-2013 09:12 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  
(27-03-2013 08:12 PM)KVron Wrote:  You should see http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/

Awesome, thanks for the link. 53 minutes in Big Grin

I get to the Nazca part... and fall asleep. Big Grin

Knew for a long time that Daniken was a lying douchebag, but, you know... considering America... Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]