Ancient Aliens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2014, 02:36 PM
Ancient Aliens
Because...aliens.

[Image: ancient-aliens.jpg]

Anyone watch this show? Fun bit of programming it was. Anyone know anybody who believed any of the stuff in the show? The Egyptian light bulb one sounded almost plausible to me for a while but it was later debunked in a video I saw and after some thought of how else the paintings or whatever on the inside were put there.

I think the most outrageous one was one where aliens having sex with humans LOL.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
19-07-2014, 02:39 PM
RE: Ancient Aliens
I am a certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist.
Just look at my sig. That proves it.

I actually cancelled my cable contract cuz of this crap.
I used to like the History Channel.
Now all they play is this shit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
19-07-2014, 02:40 PM
(19-07-2014 02:36 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Because...aliens.

[Image: ancient-aliens.jpg]

Anyone watch this show? Fun bit of programming it was. Anyone know anybody who believed any of the stuff in the show? The Egyptian light bulb one sounded almost plausible to me for a while but it was later debunked in a video I saw and after some thought of how else the paintings or whatever on the inside were put there.

I think the most outrageous one was one where aliens having sex with humans LOL.

My favorite bit was at machu picchu where this guy was saying how perfect the rocks were cut and held a carpenters square up and the damn thing was off by almost 15 degrees. There was a huge gap and they just kept on going like never mind what I'm showing you just listen to what I am saying. Garbage show is garbage.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
19-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Pyramids signals to space?
One of the best comedies on television.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
19-07-2014, 02:50 PM

Just gonna leave this here.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 8 users Like Revenant77x's post
25-07-2014, 07:50 AM
Watched a couple of episodes...

All the main documentary channels (except maybe Discovery History) have completely gone to shit.

All that seems to be on them now is bloody ' American Swamp Ice Road Logging Trucking Pickers Seeking Storage'.

We've actually cancelled our Sky subscription because of the decline in factual shows.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Sam's post
25-07-2014, 08:43 AM
(25-07-2014 07:50 AM)Sam Wrote:  Watched a couple of episodes...

All the main documentary channels (except maybe Discovery History) have completely gone to shit.

All that seems to be on them now is bloody ' American Swamp Ice Road Logging Trucking Pickers Seeking Storage'.

We've actually cancelled our Sky subscription because of the decline in factual shows.

At least there's Cosmos!

And... nothing else.

Weeping

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
25-07-2014, 08:55 AM
Re: Ancient Aliens
The science channel still plays good programs but all History has of any reverence is the Universe. Some of their language shows and how the state got it's Shapes are actually logically sound though.

I used to be able to watch acient aliens when it first appeared and laugh at it... But it progressively became more assertive, self assured, and overall brain numbing. I'm still amused by the closet racism(culture bias at least) behind so many of their claims.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
25-07-2014, 11:23 AM
(25-07-2014 08:43 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(25-07-2014 07:50 AM)Sam Wrote:  Watched a couple of episodes...

At least there's Cosmos!

And... nothing else.

Weeping

Cosmos was ok... But in my opinion it wasn't anywhere near as good as the original.

Too much emphasis on visual spectacle and not enough science.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 2 users Like Sam's post
25-07-2014, 11:32 AM
(25-07-2014 08:55 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The science channel still plays good programs but all History has of any reverence is the Universe. Some of their language shows and how the state got it's Shapes are actually logically sound though.

I used to be able to watch acient aliens when it first appeared and laugh at it... But it progressively became more assertive, self assured, and overall brain numbing. I'm still amused by the closet racism(culture bias at least) behind so many of their claims.

I assume what's called Discovery Science over here is the same channel.

Either way... The schedule is pretty much entirely "How It's Made", "How Tech Works", and "Destroyed In Seconds".

I find it quite patronising that these networks seem to think a show needs massive explosions, tanks and fighter jets to hold our attention.

I'm just glad we've got BBC4 to produce quality documentaries.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post