Ancient Aliens

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2014, 11:43 AM
RE: Ancient Aliens
And while on the surface it is frustrating and disappointing to see such garbage being held up as science or history... I think it's a much more serious problem.

Kids watching Discovery, Nat Geo and History are getting almost no educational value from it. Worse still, shows like Ancient Aliens are purely pseudoscientific.

I saw a show on Discovery over a year ago that claimed hard evidence of Mermaids had been found... Two hours of supposed scientists examining bones and DNA of an unidentified creature. Giving their "expert" analysis and account of the discovery.

Turns out, at the very start (which I missed), there was a message explaining that it was entirely fictional and all the scientists were actors.

Why do they keep trying to bullshit us?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
01-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Could it be, that the aliens produced the show to prepare us for their return?
Is there a hidden meaning in the Bible and all other religious texts about the true nature of angels and demons?
Do the Nordic myths really describe alien visitors from other worlds?
Was George Washington instructed by alien envoys on how to win the war against the British?
Did the Nazis reverse engineer alien artifacts to give themselves anti gravity saucer ships?
Do the governments of the world have a special agreement with alien civilizations to allow abductions of their citizens?
Is the "Star Child" skull proof of alien/human interbreeding?
Is there really a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?
Do women really fake orgasms, or is it just men that do it?
Is Elvis Presley really dead, or Tom Cruise his illegitimate bastard offspring?
Is it wrong to want to bang Amy Schumer?
How many questions do I need to type before I get sick of.....
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like kiwihogfiend's post
01-08-2014, 11:39 PM
(01-08-2014 07:10 PM)kiwihogfiend Wrote:  Could it be, that the aliens produced the show to prepare us for their return?
Is there a hidden meaning in the Bible and all other religious texts about the true nature of angels and demons?
Do the Nordic myths really describe alien visitors from other worlds?
Was George Washington instructed by alien envoys on how to win the war against the British?
Did the Nazis reverse engineer alien artifacts to give themselves anti gravity saucer ships?
Do the governments of the world have a special agreement with alien civilizations to allow abductions of their citizens?
Is the "Star Child" skull proof of alien/human interbreeding?
Is there really a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?
Do women really fake orgasms, or is it just men that do it?
Is Elvis Presley really dead, or Tom Cruise his illegitimate bastard offspring?
Is it wrong to want to bang Amy Schumer?
How many questions do I need to type before I get sick of.....

Dunno about Elvis' offspring, but Cruise is one smug bastard.

How the fuck can he be a Scientologist after Eyes Wide Shut?

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
02-08-2014, 12:13 AM
I saw the episode with the square held up to the cut stone and yelled at the TV that it wasn't square.(I often find myself yelling at the TV) Facepalm

I'd also do Schumer. Big Grin
02-08-2014, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2014 12:18 PM by ghostexorcist.)
(19-07-2014 02:36 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Because...aliens.

[Image: ancient-aliens.jpg]

Anyone watch this show? Fun bit of programming it was. Anyone know anybody who believed any of the stuff in the show? The Egyptian light bulb one sounded almost plausible to me for a while but it was later debunked in a video I saw and after some thought of how else the paintings or whatever on the inside were put there.

I think the most outrageous one was one where aliens having sex with humans LOL.

If studying history and anthropology has taught me anything, it's to view a particular piece of "evidence" from the emic (inside) viewpoint of a particular people from which the material comes from. Many ancient astronaut theorists make the mistake of viewing it from an etic (outside) viewpoint laden with their own cultural views on modern technology. Take the aforementioned light bulb, for example. The cultural view is that, if I remember correctly, it's a representation of the expanding universe. The opposing view is that it's an ancient light bulb. Which do you think is more plausible, that it's a representation of mythology, or a representation of alien technology? Even if one were to accept the latter claim, do you think aliens with technology so advanced that they could presumably bend space and time to traverse trillions of miles would resort to using light bulbs? We haven't sent a man outside of our own solar system yet and we've already started doing away with traditional light bulbs.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
02-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Quote:Many ancient astronaut theorists make the mistake of viewing it from an etic (

Many ancient astronaut theorists - and they have no theory so I really hate the term - are merely con artists trying to sell books to gullible fools.

The bible is much the same.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
02-08-2014, 08:44 PM
(02-08-2014 08:38 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:Many ancient astronaut theorists make the mistake of viewing it from an etic (

Many ancient astronaut theorists - and they have no theory so I really hate the term - are merely con artists trying to sell books to gullible fools.

The bible is much the same.

No they have a bulletproof theory "If you write a book about aliens visiting earth people will buy it."

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
02-08-2014, 08:45 PM
(25-07-2014 07:50 AM)Sam Wrote:  All that seems to be on them now is bloody ' American Swamp Ice Road Logging Trucking Pickers Seeking Storage'.

If you added Bigfoot to that show my husband would never take his eyes off the TV. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Bigfoot is an alien too. It makes perfect sense. Han Solo abandoned him on earth because Princess Leia was sick of the Millennium Falcon being covered in Wookie fur.
He was rescued by George Lucas.
You don't honestly think the idea for Star Wars came from old Georgie boy, do you?
Pffft, as if!
[+] 1 user Likes kiwihogfiend's post
03-08-2014, 04:50 PM
Newest useless programing Rainbow Vomit

[Image: XvPFfG7qXVelxfkGogM9pgTOp1FTs3f-xqxwXwTL...qjKH=w1264]

Animal Planet.... Facepalm