Ancient Aliens and an anecdote.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2017, 03:29 AM
I was out drinking with my dad on the weekend.

We got onto the subject of space/planets and how cool that all is. Things started to unravel when he started delving into Ancient Alien theories, supposed items orbiting the earth, how the moon landings were faked and artifacts found older than man itself.

It was at this point I realized my father is insane.

However, I thought it'd be worth seeing if anybody else is on board the crazy train, or if we all think it's complete garbage? So, what do you think? Were we visited by aliens prior to humans existing and/or that they came to give life to the planet?

I need to check my dad's Thetan level I think.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
26-04-2017, 04:09 AM
RE: Ancient Aliens and an anecdote.
The hoops UFO nuts have to jump through to keep their stories at least a tiny bit plausible so be all the red flag most people would need to disbelieve this codswallop.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
26-04-2017, 04:11 AM
(26-04-2017 03:29 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  So, what do you think? Were we visited by aliens prior to humans existing and/or that they came to give life to the planet?

Intelligent aliens haven't visited Earth because they've taken care of their own planets. Why leave?
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
26-04-2017, 04:27 AM
Panspermia is more mathematically appealing than local abiogenesis. Tongue

living word
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-04-2017, 04:39 AM
(26-04-2017 04:27 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Panspermia is more mathematically appealing than local abiogenesis. Tongue

We have to find that sperm and stop it!
26-04-2017, 04:53 AM
(26-04-2017 04:39 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 04:27 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Panspermia is more mathematically appealing than local abiogenesis. Tongue

We have to find that sperm and stop it!

That's why mom always says,

Junior clean your spaceship off before playing in the yard. You don't want any local systems to catch humans.

living word
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
26-04-2017, 05:19 AM
(26-04-2017 04:53 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 04:39 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  We have to find that sperm and stop it!

That's why mom always says,

Junior clean your spaceship off before playing in the yard. You don't want any local systems to catch humans.

This is why aliens haven't visited us yet, they're afraid we'll get out the solar system.

(Rescue Party)
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
26-04-2017, 07:16 AM
(26-04-2017 03:29 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I was out drinking with my dad on the weekend.

We got onto the subject of space/planets and how cool that all is. Things started to unravel when he started delving into Ancient Alien theories, supposed items orbiting the earth, how the moon landings were faked and artifacts found older than man itself.

However, I thought it'd be worth seeing if anybody else is on board the crazy train, or if we all think it's complete garbage? So, what do you think? Were we visited by aliens prior to humans existing and/or that they came to give life to the planet?

Same as Russel's teapot, no reason to believe it without physical evidence.

Claims of alien visitation are more credible than god claims; however, there are no laws explicitly broken by the existence of such beings and it would be totally consistent with what we understand about biological evolution.

Also, alien claims are generally understood to be occurring inside this universe and not in the ultimate hiding spot of "beyond space and time". This implies that any evidence for them must be physical, but anecdotes are just as useless for alien claims as they are for deity claims.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
26-04-2017, 07:35 AM
(26-04-2017 03:29 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I was out drinking with my dad on the weekend.

I get more angry at the assholes who professionally peddle the conspiracy crap than my own family who end up buying it. Not just ancient alien conspiracy crap, but any. Loc Ness, Big Foot, JFK, 9/11.

Because of conspiracy rags, my older sister really believed that OBAMA was going to use FEMA camps to implant chips in everyone.

No, the Egyptians, nor Greeks nor Mayans were ever visited by little green men. Oswald acted alone. 9/11 WAS NOT an inside job. There is no Loc Ness monster, nor a Big Foot, psychics are all fucking frauds too. Crop circles are ALWAYS human made, PERIOD!

While everyone loved Lenard Nemoy Spock from Star Trek, one show he did back in the mid 1970s was "In Search Of", and I fell for that crap as a kid. I look back at it now and think, how much of media needs to sell that bullshit before we realize the long term damage it can cause.

I have no problem with entertainment, as long as it is made clear it is just that. I hate it though that we have far too much crap that people sell, that they know is crap but don't care because they want to sell add space.

I hear you, I have family that believes clear bullshit too. I still love them, but hate more the peddlers of that crap for poisoning them with that garbage.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
26-04-2017, 09:18 PM
(26-04-2017 03:29 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  So, what do you think? Were we visited by aliens prior to humans existing and/or that they came to give life to the planet?

I think we need to ask the experts.

[Image: ff75d435f26db37f3be644ccc5a5d93c.jpg]