Ancient Aliens and an anecdote.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2017, 11:07 AM
RE: Ancient Aliens and an anecdote.
(26-04-2017 03:29 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I was out drinking with my dad on the weekend.

We got onto the subject of space/planets and how cool that all is. Things started to unravel when he started delving into Ancient Alien theories, supposed items orbiting the earth, how the moon landings were faked and artifacts found older than man itself.

It was at this point I realized my father is insane.

However, I thought it'd be worth seeing if anybody else is on board the crazy train, or if we all think it's complete garbage? So, what do you think? Were we visited by aliens prior to humans existing and/or that they came to give life to the planet?

I need to check my dad's Thetan level I think.

Where is your dad getting his weed these days?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2017, 11:53 AM
There's of course a slight possibility that aliens visited our planet at some prior time, but it's also highly improbable.

I read a science fiction story many years ago (can't recall its name) where explorers in darkest Africa found a tribe of jelly-like, living blobs, on an isolated plateau. Turns out they were the original inhabitants of Earth, and we are descendants of alien invaders from eons ago.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
04-05-2017, 12:11 PM
(04-05-2017 11:53 AM)SYZ Wrote:  There's of course a slight possibility that aliens visited our planet at some prior time, but it's also highly improbable.
For a half billion years or so they'd see cyano-bacteria colonies and nothing else. I doubt they'd actually have to come down here to see them, space telescopes would work.

Then later, with more complex life, they would be scanning for electromagnetic waves, neutrino output, or whatever. Zero that kind of thing. Even ten thousand years ago they'd see none of that. So they'd go on their merry way.

What cracks me up is people who dually claim we've been visited and the Prime Directive would OF COURSE be followed by aliens. Facepalm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2017, 01:48 PM
(04-05-2017 12:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 11:53 AM)SYZ Wrote:  There's of course a slight possibility that aliens visited our planet at some prior time, but it's also highly improbable.
For a half billion years or so they'd see cyano-bacteria colonies and nothing else. I doubt they'd actually have to come down here to see them, space telescopes would work.

Then later, with more complex life, they would be scanning for electromagnetic waves, neutrino output, or whatever. Zero that kind of thing. Even ten thousand years ago they'd see none of that. So they'd go on their merry way.

What cracks me up is people who dually claim we've been visited and the Prime Directive would OF COURSE be followed by aliens. Facepalm

The aliens don't stay away because of any prime directive.

The answer is much simpler. All you need for proof, is to look around.

This planet is infested with assholes......

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-05-2017, 04:06 PM
(04-05-2017 01:48 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 12:11 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  For a half billion years or so they'd see cyano-bacteria colonies and nothing else. I doubt they'd actually have to come down here to see them, space telescopes would work.

The aliens don't stay away because of any prime directive.

The answer is much simpler. All you need for proof, is to look around.

This planet is infested with assholes......

Tongue
I'll take that as proof. Bowing
08-05-2017, 10:07 PM
(26-04-2017 03:29 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I was out drinking with my dad on the weekend.

We got onto the subject of space/planets and how cool that all is. Things started to unravel when he started delving into Ancient Alien theories, supposed items orbiting the earth, how the moon landings were faked and artifacts found older than man itself.

However, I thought it'd be worth seeing if anybody else is on board the crazy train, or if we all think it's complete garbage? So, what do you think? Were we visited by aliens prior to humans existing and/or that they came to give life to the planet?

There are several really amusing threads on aliens in this subforum if you can find them. If you find posts by "Free" you will know you have found comedy gold.

The guy was fuckin' coo coo for cocapuffs when it came to Aliens over major cities.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
09-05-2017, 03:09 AM
I will do a search for those Smile

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
09-05-2017, 04:08 AM
(08-05-2017 10:07 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  The guy was fuckin' coo coo for cocapuffs when it came to Aliens over major cities.
"Cocapuffs." Laughat Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
09-05-2017, 04:44 AM
We have at least one ufo believer here, although I haven't seen him around for quite some time, in all other respects he's a smart logical fellow and I personally don't find him unlikable but he's uber strident about aliens having visited. While the existence of alien life forms somewhere in the universe is pretty much a mathematical certainty given the laws of physics and the vastness of space I'd say its also pretty much a mathematical certainty that we have never been visited.
09-05-2017, 04:48 AM
(08-05-2017 10:07 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  

There are several really amusing threads on aliens in this subforum if you can find them. If you find posts by "Free" you will know you have found comedy gold.

The guy was fuckin' coo coo for cocapuffs when it came to Aliens over major cities.

I got to quite like the fellow but haven't seen him around for ages.