Ancient Aliens and an anecdote.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2017, 08:22 PM
RE: Ancient Aliens and an anecdote.
(20-06-2017 07:18 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I know from previous years he's let slip things like ancient aliens and fake moon landings...but I never realised he was as batshit as he is. I think he just kept it quiet until he's gotten older and now no longer cares about who knows or something.

They say people’s frontal lobe deteriorates with age (There is no other part of the brain where lesions can cause such a wide variety of symptoms (Kolb & Wishaw, 1990). The frontal lobes are involved in motor function, problem solving, spontaneity, memory, language, initiation, judgement, impulse control, and social and sexual behavior.)

I saw this with my FIL and I’m seeing it with my own dad.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-06-2017, 03:07 AM
(20-06-2017 08:13 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 02:40 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Crazy Dad Update:

Went over to see him for a belated Fathers day yesterday, and he had the news on regarding the tower block fire in London...which evidently set him off about 9/11 and how it was a giant red flag incident.

I've gone nearly 30 years without knowing my dad was a complete loon, how did I miss it?

> My dad was a savvy businessman and a master engineer who started his own Tool & Die business which was worth well over $6,000,000 at the time of his death. He attributed all of his success to his faith in God and Christianity. Facepalm
URRGGGHHHH Facepalm , I'm not sure whats worse attributing everything you have to faith or just being generally insane lol.

(20-06-2017 08:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 07:18 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I know from previous years he's let slip things like ancient aliens and fake moon landings...but I never realised he was as batshit as he is. I think he just kept it quiet until he's gotten older and now no longer cares about who knows or something.

They say people’s frontal lobe deteriorates with age (There is no other part of the brain where lesions can cause such a wide variety of symptoms (Kolb & Wishaw, 1990). The frontal lobes are involved in motor function, problem solving, spontaneity, memory, language, initiation, judgement, impulse control, and social and sexual behavior.)

I saw this with my FIL and I’m seeing it with my own dad.

Maybe that's it. He's an odd one, my dad, used to be a proper hard case. Was a drug dealer/fighter/bouncer, the whole nine yards. In his later years, he's calmed right down...but has just become this weird conspiracy nut whos like anti-everything that is "good/progressive". I think he's brain is on the way out.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
I now sell T-Shirts Here! Please Check it out Thumbsup
24-06-2017, 01:49 PM
(26-04-2017 03:29 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  ...Were we visited by aliens prior to humans existing and/or that they came to give life to the planet?

If you ask Nicholas Cage, the answer is yes. If you ask a Christian, the answer is no. There are no aliens. There are demons.

When the church is raptured, Tom Hanks will tell you we've been abducted. Will you believe him? 2 Thess 2:9, 11
24-06-2017, 02:02 PM
(04-05-2017 11:53 AM)SYZ Wrote:  There's of course a slight possibility that aliens visited our planet at some prior time, but it's also highly improbable.

Do you believe that there were giants on the earth? Ge 6:4
24-06-2017, 02:10 PM
(20-06-2017 02:40 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Crazy Dad Update:

Went over to see him for a belated Fathers day yesterday, and he had the news on regarding the tower block fire in London...which evidently set him off about 9/11 and how it was a giant red flag incident.

False flag
24-06-2017, 04:43 PM
(26-04-2017 03:29 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  So, what do you think? Were we visited by aliens prior to humans existing and/or that they came to give life to the planet?

When you examine the totality of the evidence, you must conclude that either Humans were much more advanced than archaeologists and anthropologists are willing to admit, or the Earth was visited by an alien race.

The Piri Re'is Map is an excellent example, as is recent human evolution.

The enemy numbered six hundred - including women and children - and we abolished them utterly, leaving not even a baby alive to cry for its dead mother. This is incomparably the greatest victory that was ever achieved by the Christian soldiers of the United States. -- Mark Twain
24-06-2017, 04:52 PM
(26-04-2017 03:29 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I was out drinking with my dad on the weekend.

We got onto the subject of space/planets and how cool that all is. Things started to unravel when he started delving into Ancient Alien theories, supposed items orbiting the earth, how the moon landings were faked and artifacts found older than man itself.

It was at this point I realized my father is insane.

However, I thought it'd be worth seeing if anybody else is on board the crazy train, or if we all think it's complete garbage? So, what do you think? Were we visited by aliens prior to humans existing and/or that they came to give life to the planet?

I need to check my dad's Thetan level I think.

Ancient Aliens is conspiracy garbage on par with JFK/911 big foot and vampires.

I am sorry to hear that, but unfortunately it is common. My older sister bought the RDF chip and FEMA conspiracy crap when Obama was president. She was sure Obama was going to be the end of the world.

We should expect to see life elsewhere in the universe considering each galaxy out of the estimated nearly 200 billion galaxies, each have hundreds of billions of suns.

But, I think for most solar systems in the universe, life even if as intelligent as us or more advanced are still going to be bound to the macro world like we are and thus even with them would be limited to distance and the resources needed to fuel those distances.

Our solar system especially is a remote island compared to the rest of the galaxy. But the crap about ancient Egyptians or ancient Mayans being visited is bullshit.

If you want to talk about life pollination in the cosmos, it would start with separate atoms from things like asteroids and comets slamming into the planet bringing the carbon atoms to it. Outside that, although we have yet to prove microbial life can survive in the vacuum of space, we do know that the water bear is an extremeophile and can survive temps from 350 below to 450 above. So that might be another way life could move from one planet to another piggy backing on a asteroid or comet.

But no, the Area 51 crap is just that. That conspiracy really was started during WW2 when laypeople saw military technology they didn't understand or even things like weather balloons.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2017, 04:59 PM
(24-06-2017 04:43 PM)Mircea Wrote:  
(26-04-2017 03:29 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  So, what do you think? Were we visited by aliens prior to humans existing and/or that they came to give life to the planet?

When you examine the totality of the evidence, you must conclude that either Humans were much more advanced than archaeologists and anthropologists are willing to admit, or the Earth was visited by an alien race.

The Piri Re'is Map is an excellent example, as is recent human evolution.

Your knowledge of history is abysmal.
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
24-06-2017, 04:59 PM
(24-06-2017 02:02 PM)serpentdove Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 11:53 AM)SYZ Wrote:  There's of course a slight possibility that aliens visited our planet at some prior time, but it's also highly improbable.

Do you believe that there were giants on the earth? Ge 6:4

Outside this real guy, NO!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Wadlow

^^^^ He suffered from a REAL medical defect that caused his growth hormones not to stop.

But the conspiracy crap coming from religion, nope, it's bullshit.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
24-06-2017, 05:07 PM
I find the idea of ancient aliens to be as credible as demons. Nice stories but no more believable.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post